Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
What a pathetic performance.

Almost identical in the way the game unfolded to last year with an almost identical half time score.

All our early effort and dominance counted for nothing because our defence just leaks easy scoring opportunities when there is any sort of entry and when our team defence fails enabling fast entries we are almost certain to cough up scores over the back and Brisbane have exploited both.

Another massive Hinkley special. Improved list, some better players out there, but all has counted for nothing. Personnel has zero to do with tonight, it is a pure Hinkley special we've witnessed and has demonstrated we are clearly zero threat to the flag. Downhill skiiers of the highest order right now.

I'm seriously over this team and coach. We should be contenders, I drank the cool-aid and thought we were more than we are, but we simply aren't. Tonight demonstrated teams can tear apart our game style if they are good enough. It's not a matter of we lose slightly, we get hammered, because teams just dismantle us.

Last 5 minor round losses:

60 - Geelong '20
49 - Brisbane '21
37 - West Coast '21
37 - Brisbane '20
29 - StKilda '20

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hartlett can never play for the club again. Go and enjoy your retirement. I swear, that free kick reversal set the entire tone of the match. Other than the completely inept coach (who keeps picking him mind you) no individual is more responsible for this loss than Hamish Hartlett.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
It all went downhill after Hartlett's brainfade.

It's always the same story against this mob and there were too many blokes unsighted tonight.
I held myself. I wanted to post the review thread at HT.

Thanks, Marmozet.

I don’t remember the last time we simply didn’t show up.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Deep down, we knew it was coming. You can set your watch to port folding when it matters. On to next week.

I really thought they'd got this out of their system against West Coast. It's disgraceful beyond belief that it's happened again within a month.

I just want to be surprised and believe.

I'm just so tired of being able to predict this. Why does every game have to be a written script?
This is why I can't get excited when we flog s**t teams like St kilda. Some called me overly negative after last game. I just knew this was coming. It's the same BS year after year in the hinkley reign of mediocrity.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
I really thought they'd got this out of their system against West Coast. It's disgraceful beyond belief that it's happened again within a month.
If I hear the sorta s**t they throw out this week like:

"oh it was just a bad night, we wont spend too much time looking at the tape, we'll move forward and remember what we did to get us here"

I will go ******* nuts. How did our coaches learn ZERO from last years performance.

Imhotep

Team Captain
Mar 10, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So I'm going for the same unpopular opinion I had three weeks ago Charlie Dixon is a down hill skier he isn't just out of form he's not a great player his max is good not great he didn't deserve the AA jumper last year and he needs to be dropped until he gets form. Until he can get a metre on his man and take a mark on the lead he is destructive to our forward lines against teams who have strong defences. Before you all start on Marshall yes he dropped alot of sitters but the difference between him and Charlie is he worked into positions to take uncontested marks something Dixon refused to do.

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Switched off at QT. I've seen this movie before. Just seen the stats though, at 3QT on the live ladder we'd lost 17 points of percentage. So we basically lost twice. Even after that first quarter there was still something to play for but it seems that didn't happen.

Given the number of i50s I assume we just coughed up a heap of intercept marks. Drew and Wines seemed the only contributors in Q1, it is at least good to see the former start to stake a claim for his place.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If I hear the sorta sh*t they throw out this week like:

"oh it was just a bad night, we wont spend too much time looking at the tape, we'll move forward and remember what we did to get us here"

I will go ******* nuts. How did our coaches learn ZERO from last years performance.

Two of the worst losses i have witnessed since the Primus years inside the first 2 months of a season we've been labelled "premiership heavyweights". LOL what a ******* rabble.

Feb 7, 2014
reynella
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC , Boston Red Sox/celtics
Screenshot_20210501-210752_Twitter.jpg

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
I cannot even comment on what happened. It was overall bad. Unspeakable stuff. It’s even more ridiculous after the week the club had.

I can accept losing. But we didn’t lose. We have forfeited!

This is not the WC game again. It’s a whole different beast. The Lions didn’t need to do much, and still we got obliterated.

Wooden-spooning performance.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Two of the worst losses i have witnessed since the Primus years inside the first 2 months of a season we've been labelled "premiership heavyweights". LOL what a ******* rabble.

Don't forget the rolled gold of norf 2019. There have been some absolute rippers under hinky.

Back