Autopsy Round 7, 2021 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Game plan, structures, personnel etc, you can’t even go there if the first obvious thing you see is lack of effort, energy, mindset whatever you call those visible signs where our reaction looks slow, we drop marks, we tackle with minimal vigour, miss easy shots, panic kick, lack composure etc. I think our collective mental toughness and resilience is a real problem and shows itself in our inability to find anyway to get back into games against quality opponents, our inability to win away against quality opponents and our lack of ruthlessness in when we’re beating lesser opponents.

Is there anything in when we are flying over for away games. Last year we had a great record leaving on the same day. Against West coast we left the night before, twiddled our thumbs all day and got smashed. When did we leave for the Gabba? We should explore leaving the same day when playing away at night.

Is there anything in when we are flying over for away games. Last year we had a great record leaving on the same day. Against West coast we left the night before, twiddled our thumbs all day and got smashed. When did we leave for the Gabba? We should explore leaving the same day when playing away at night.

We did leave the same day against Brisbane

Lol at every and any oppo suporters calling us flat-track bullies. Apparently, the round 4 Richmond match never happened.
It happened.. but at home. Do you think we could beat Richmond at the G.. no chance

the sides that have embarrassed us are going to be our main competitors in finals and we look way off the pace

If we get thumped a third time? It's round 7 ffs. The fact that we've been thumped twice already is just a massive flashing red light. And let's face it, take out the games against non contenders North, St Kilda, Carlton and Essendon and it's actually 2 thumpings from 3 legitimate opponents.
the worry is we play most of the good sides at home and we really don’t get a chance to see how we go against the big boys away until maybe the saints game away

so we will always have the worry come finals if we need to play a good side away.

it’s been happening way to long.

Normal Hinkley presser..

hard comp.. blah blah blah

the 2 losses are cause the oppo played at their best... blah blah blah

weve been a good side for a number of years.. blah blah blah..

waiting for the normal Monday player interview telling us what they are going to do.. blah blah blah

we have to be the absolute definition of a flat track bully

our name must be in the dictionary next to graham hick.

We left the same day for this game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaches always say the same sh*t. Hinkley is no different in that regard.

Clarkson has been exposed in this regard as much as any coach in recent seasons. He’s as much a fraud as the rest of them.

Dixon should only be played as a decoy against Brisbane.

Yep. Push him way up the ground, take Andrews out of the picture. And bloody hell, if it wasn't the plan from the start (I said 1 minute into the game that Dixon wouldn't get a kick against Andrews as usual) then surely it should've become the plan after quarter time. Pathetic coaching.

the worry is we play most of the good sides at home and we really don’t get a chance to see how we go against the big boys away until maybe the saints game away

so we will always have the worry come finals if we need to play a good side away.

it’s been happening way to long.
Now, now, worrying is a wasted emotion.
Take it as it comes.
I am in the habit of late of turning off the game if we play like we did last night and I will leave the game at quarter time if we play like that at home.
I am tired of the distress.
Switch off, turn on some happy music and distance yourself.
This team can be destructive for one’s psyche.

Having said that, if the team had the mental fortitude of us on BF and went into histrionics when things turn to s**t in a game they would never win another game.
We can be pretty pathetic, me included.

As Ken said, the boys need to dust off and win next week. That’s how it works.

Yep. Push him way up the ground, take Andrews out of the picture. And bloody hell, if it wasn't the plan from the start (I said 1 minute into the game that Dixon wouldn't get a kick against Andrews as usual) then surely it should've become the plan after quarter time. Pathetic coaching.
Mitch and Todd were both useless last night as well, mitch needs to get on his bike more and get separation.

Hoping I woke up and this was just a bad dream.Thought I could watch the reply without the emotion and try to take some positives.. nope, it made me even more angrier at how pathetic last night was and how Hinkley hasn’t got the balls to call it as such.

Brisbane brought the heat to the contest and we didn’t. -21 in contested possession, plus the fact that 80% of contested possessions are loose ball gets, tells you that they hunted the ball and we were passive as *. We weren’t running to provide spread, which led to stupid long bombs into the forward 50 which were just picked off by Andrews.

Our players didn’t want to work. The only positive you can take out of that game is that at least we don’t have to play either Brisbane or West Coast again until finals...and we can’t play any worse against either side.

It’s games like this one where you really see the worth of a hard runner like Duursma over the likes of Woodcock.

Sticking with my Willem Drew love, he was a top 3 player on the ground in a wet game where we got smashed that's huge in his development and something to take forward. We can see why the coaches have decided to stick with him this season over Rocky he has height, speed, and age on his side and the one thing he lacks AFL game knowledge he can't learn in the sanfl. He lacks composure with the ball in the contest and should take the first option a bit more, and needs to learn when he can tackle and when he should corral. His ability to get his long arms to the ball either in the contest or in the air give him a point of difference to most T-Rex arm mids and his ability to spread and get into dangerous space will see him involved in lots of scoring chains over his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back