Autopsy Round 7, 2021 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Windy Cindy

Premiership Player
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sticking with my Willem Drew love, he was a top 3 player on the ground in a wet game where we got smashed that's huge in his development and something to take forward. We can see why the coaches have decided to stick with him this season over Rocky he has height, speed, and age on his side and the one thing he lacks AFL game knowledge he can't learn in the sanfl. He lacks composure with the ball in the contest and should take the first option a bit more, and needs to learn when he can tackle and when he should corral. His ability to get his long arms to the ball either in the contest or in the air give him a point of difference to most T-Rex arm mids and his ability to spread and get into dangerous space will see him involved in lots of scoring chains over his career.
whilst he played okay last night

we are going nowhere if he becomes one of our main mids.

Injury back up mid at best

Windy Cindy

Premiership Player
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Okay why?
He wouldn’t make any top 8 sides midfield.

hes bland, just a good ordinary footballer.. we all need them but not in the midfield, not with our midfield mix, not with boak and butters and duursma out.

hes a trier and we need to move on from triers

DSL64

All Australian
Sep 29, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
We are bereft of options when it comes to selection at the moment. Compounded by the fact a bunch of mediocre players were made to look like heroes last week against a team of witches hats
That team of witches hats have won three games for the season and just defeated their last opponent by 69 points.
Not bad for witches hats...

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
whilst he played okay last night

we are going nowhere if he becomes one of our main mids.
Yeah I'll need more convincing.

Was shocked when I heard his tally.

Wines, AA and SPP (for his first game back) seemed the only ones who made an impression on me.

Clearly missed the quality inside 50 entries that Boak and Butters can provide, with Houston off it showed IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be against this.

Could have said up till recently he's widely loved by his players, unsure if the last season has changed that.

Dreaming of another coach is pure fantasy and not going to happen for many years 😢

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Dreaming of another coach is pure fantasy and not going to happen for many years 😢
Well Hinkley's biggest asset would be the players obviously like him, many have come/stayed as a result.

You'd think Buckley wouldn't be much of a shift in that area, especially after, for me atleast, one of the greatest things I ever saw when he stuck up for Pendles on the Anzac Medal. Heck even the cheer squad lady pre the GF was incredible. If I was player, I wouldn't just walk over coals for him after that, I'd stand on em.

Would be a Port boy but hasn't been a Port boy if that makes sense, so that's great too

Well Hinkley's biggest asset would be the players obviously like him, many have come/stayed as a result.

You'd think Buckley wouldn't be much of a shift in that area, especially after, for me atleast, one of the greatest things I ever saw when he stuck up for Pendles on the Anzac Medal. Heck even the cheer squad lady pre the GF was incredible. If I was player, I wouldn't just walk over coals for him after that, I'd stand on em.

Would be a Port boy but hasn't been a Port boy if that makes sense, so that's great too
We are dreaming if we think he’s a Port boy. He’s a Buckley boy who loves Collingwood, Port was a tool to get him to where he is

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
We are dreaming if we think he’s a Port boy. He’s a Buckley boy who loves Collingwood, Port was a tool to get him to where he is
I know he's not, but once was, so it kinda works.

Without being too AFC like and keeping it all inbred. Think people need to spend time elsewhere, not just stick in one club. Helped for Choco too.

x_les_x

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

hes bland, just a good ordinary footballer.. we all need them but not in the midfield, not with our midfield mix, not with boak and butters and duursma out.

Alright if he is just a trier, who do you think we should pluck from the SANFL to play the role? A slow aging Rockcliff? ok who after that as in a pure inside midfielder none of this quasi half mid half forward crap when boak gray rockcliff retire.... no one. Exactly

Stated this a few weeks ago we need "triers" or "bland" midfielders that do their role. Hawks wouldnt have had their success without Liam Sheils. Richmond wouldnt have their success without Jack Graham. West Coast without Redden/Hutchings Geelong without Corey

Sure we all love attractive ball winning stats building midfielders like a Tom Mitchell. But they dont get their touches they do or names in lights without a little help from the blue collar midfield teammates

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Put Buckley with Chris Davies and I see success.
Buckley has that win at all costs attitude that we are sorely missing.

Being likeable is nice and all, being liked and having a side winning for you is another.

diegodcg

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2015
London, UK
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flamengo, Liverpool, St Helens, A's
Hey, what the *. I could swear we played on Sunday this weekend. Was about to go to bed now and went to AFL's website to confirm kickoff time for what I thought would be our game tomorrow morning, only to find a result - and a pretty s**t one at that.

* this crap.

Aug 13, 2007
NSW
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
West Coast loss was down to the midfield falling apart and was rectified at half time and we won the second half. There's a decent chance we can rectify that next game.

Brisbane's tall forward line and ball movement is too much for our defence to handle, even with Allir.

That won't change this season, I think the best opportunity to beat them in finals (if needed) will have to be total focus on ground ball forward 50 entries as our normal patterns of entries just don't work.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Flying to Qld the day you play is absolutely the wrong call. So heavy legged
A money thing from AFL or some payback for the PB issue OR more likely a covid thing which leads me to... are all travelling sides now same day flight.

Surely not for early games.

Imhotep

Team Captain
Mar 10, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I love this he has been selected while all those guys were in the the team and you want him replaced and replaced with whom? Rockliff? the games gone past him we need to move on he's not making a difference this year or the years to come. Mead injured, SPP in the side, this is a joke take Willem has the attributes to become one of the best two way mids in the comp, not everyone can be Fyfe and Dusty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back