Preview Round 7, 2022: Hawks v Dees at the G after a 5 day break......ouch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's training he's not far off. You need your shoulders to run mate unless you don't swing your arms when you run?. If he was out there with 1 arm limp by his side I would agree with you. 2-3 weeks would be my guess.
I hope so. All I was saying IMO is that video doesn’t reveal much at all.

Sounds like your not quite sure what the thought process here is either. If you manage 1 of your key backs you generally bring 1 into the team to cover. We haven't done that unless we're planning on running Kosi down there. I don't want Sicily playing as a key tall with CJ out.
It’s a running joke.

So Shiels in from sub??

Staggered Worpel kept his spot.
Jars on thin ice too.

Wasn't Worpel quite serviceable in the first half vs Swans? And went missing, like many, in the second half? Only played 70% of game time, which was near the lowest by any Hawk. (?)

I'm happy he stayed. Bigger body with a few extra pre-seasons under his belt, will be required against Demons. Was great against the Cats, when he came on. All that said, he's far from a protected species, as after this week Ward will be back, plus Long is pretty damn close to selection.

Looking forward to watching Callow play his first game.
We should try and exploit Joel Smith he was slow when I last saw him play for Balwyn 7 or 8 years ago and must be 45 by now.;)

Last edited:
Love the team selection finally two targets fwd of the ball no surprise.

I would assume the bigger bodies in this week vs the Dee's, another chance can't be to many left for the trio Jom,Tom,Worps to make it work.
Nuke, Nash should be able to help in the contest and on the spread.
Bramble is a great in i would like to see Bramble,Wingard introduced thru the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sorry but one tall backman (Frosty) v Brown, Weidemann and Tom McD? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤔
3 average players but Hawks have a tendency to make players like these look like superstars. Tim Membury Jack Silvagni and McInerney spring to mind already this year.
Never mind Gawn rushing fwd at every opportunity.
Lost me with this one, Sammy.

Just for you all who didn't read my CBA/Wing thing that's in the Sydney autopsy chat.

Morrison was on every single CBA wing position 28/28 for the entire game. Doubt he's moved.

I’m sorry but one tall backman (Frosty) v Brown, Weidemann and Tom McD? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤔
3 average players but Hawks have a tendency to make players like these look like superstars. Tim Membury Jack Silvagni and McInerney spring to mind already this year.
Assuming Sic takes one of the other talls.
If Denver was sore, we don't have many other options. Hartigan isn't even playing, nor on the injury list.

You're assuming the ball will get to their forward line... :)

It does appear to be an undersized backline. Glad that Sammy is playing the long game on selection.

This will likely be the most royal shellacking of all time but I’m keen to see Bramble back and the super good hands of Callow.

We will miss Wards class and Denver’s agro but they’re young and need a spell. This is all about the future and that’s why this is a really fun year

Lots of rain forecast Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back