Strategy Round 7, 2023: Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

In: Bazzo (into 22), Hough, Long (if available)
Out: Shuey (curse), West, Ginbey (to sub)

Backs: Barrass, Bazzo, Rotham, Witherden, Duggan, Foley, Jones
Mids: Kelly, Edwards, Clark, Gaff, Hunt, Hough
Rucks: Williams, Waterman
Forwards: Allen, Darling, SPS, Petch, Long, Culley, Trew
Sub: Ginbey
Emergencies: West, Barnett, O’Neill

Bring in Bazzo as the extra tall defender to help out with Carlton’s giants.

Good opportunity to give Ginbey half a rest.
Didn’t mind Foley’s game, give him another chance. Also another chance for Trew, no point bringing a young kid in for a week then dropping him.

Please for the love of god try Clark in the middle. No Shuey, Ginbey in the sub vest and Culley suddenly a forward. Now’s the time.

I’m assuming Hough and Long will be available after a week off, but we have to assume with most of our injuries because the club tells us nothing.

Too early to predict.
No info about how long Hough, Long or Hurn are out for.
Impossible to speculate if there'll be anymore injuries.
But...
In: Bazzo
Out: Shuey
Can't omit West, Trew, Rotham etc with nobody to come back in.

Out Shuey.
In Will Schofield.

I think I heard on the Simmo press conference that he thinks Hurn may be available.

Last edited:
Out: Shuey West Clark trew
In Sheed long hurn bazzo

West/clark to sub

When Simpson is unsure whether we play O’Neill and Barnett in the WAFL, despite our almost complete absence of listed players lining up for the Beagles, because he wants to safeguard availability for next week -

It’s ridiculous to consider changes as it’ll likely be whichever 23 are best capable of running out there and we won’t know that until the team is named on Thursday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be very surprised if he didn't pop over to see the folks, fishing etc

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well I know he didn’t go over for the Geelong game as the club mentioned that he wasn’t there for the captains run at his old home ground

And there was no mention of him being on the plane this weekend

So I’m putting my money on him not having left Perth

Can we beat Carlton?

They've looked great but also not so great lol

Obviously their big forwards are the issue.

Cameron and Hawkins kicked 8 combined v us and we're up against that quality again with Curnow/McKay

Reckon we can stick around with them for a bit but they look destined for September so really should be winning v us

Can we beat Carlton?

They've looked great but also not so great lol

Obviously their big forwards are the issue.

Cameron and Hawkins kicked 8 combined v us and we're up against that quality again with Curnow/McKay

Reckon we can stick around with them for a bit but they look destined for September so really should be winning v us

Unfortunately no ..we can't play 4 quarters

we are improving reckon 24 point loss

but the draw opens up a bit for us after Carlton.....richmond away Suns home Hawks in Tassie.....might be able to jag a couple of wins there

Sounds about right. Darling is lucky there is no one knocking down the door at FF otherwise he'd be out.

Backs: Barrass, Bazzo, Rotham, Witherden, Duggan, Foley, Jones
Mids: Kelly, Edwards, Clark, Gaff, Hunt, Hough
Rucks: Williams, Waterman
Forwards: Allen, Darling, SPS, Petch, Long, Culley, Trew
Sub: Ginbey
Emergencies: West, Barnett, O’Neill

Bring in Bazzo as the extra tall defender to help out with Carlton’s giants.

Good opportunity to give Ginbey half a rest.
Didn’t mind Foley’s game, give him another chance. Also another chance for Trew, no point bringing a young kid in for a week then dropping him.

Please for the love of god try Clark in the middle. No Shuey, Ginbey in the sub vest and Culley suddenly a forward. Now’s the time.

I’m assuming Hough and Long will be available after a week off, but we have to assume with most of our injuries because the club tells us nothing.
I'd be happy to see Ginbey come on as an impact player against the 💩's, good chance to have a bit of a rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back