Toast Round 7 = Adelaide 58-59 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

The Crows have been amazing in terms of sportsmanship. Even the Dons were decent. It's been the Saints so far who have been the most feral, with many of them cheering on Murphy's off-ball concussion even days after the event. Makes the victory against them all the sweeter though.
John Greening, nothing has changed

Given Richardson stated both the Murphy high contact non-call and the blood non-call were both errors, I am not sure how much more accountable they could be?
I'd personally like to receive a payout for damages. My throat is still sore from yelling abuse at the men in yellowy green or greeny yellow

I'd personally like to receive a payout for damages. My throat is still sore from yelling abuse at the men in yellowy green or greeny yellow
I would like a payout for damages for the time I stood in the outer at Moorabbin in bucketing rain, surrounded by moronic people, including and especially my friends, then huddled under anything that offered cover for that hideous afternoon. The only player from that day I recall was David Cloke, the sort of guy God made for those grounds on those days.

I would like a payout for damages for the time I stood in the outer at Moorabbin in bucketing rain, surrounded by moronic people, including and especially my friends, then huddled under anything that offered cover for that hideous afternoon. The only player from that day I recall was David Cloke, the sort of guy God made for those grounds on those days.
I want damages for the time at Western Oval when they ran out of beer before half time, leaving me semi-pissed with a rising headache and waning energy in the second half.

I reckon I was there that day - my coldest/wettest day at the footy.

My damages claim is against the then VFL for selling Leopard Lager and West End at the Footy during the CUB beer strike (I think it was in the 70's) - two tastes I'll never forget.

My damages claim is against the then VFL for selling Leopard Lager and West End at the Footy during the CUB beer strike (I think it was in the 70's) - two tastes I'll never forget.
Wasn't Courage a thing back then, too? I remember winning "The Courage Book of VFL Finals" for correctly picking Len Thompson to win the Brownlow. 1972 from memory.

Wasn't Courage a thing back then, too? I remember winning "The Courage Book of VFL Finals" for correctly picking Len Thompson to win the Brownlow. 1972 from memory.

Courage sponsored North

trivia question…… when the first grand final was broadcast live in 1977 for the first time…. It was sponsored and called the “ insert sponsors name here VFL Grand Final”. Who was the sponsor? Hint, not a beer company and to my recollection not a sponsor that has been back since.

Courage sponsored North

trivia question…… when the first grand final was broadcast live in 1977 for the first time…. It was sponsored and called the “ insert sponsors name here VFL Grand Final”. Who was the sponsor? Hint, not a beer company and to my recollection not a sponsor that has been back since.
I came to Melbourne for the draw in 1977. Thought it was CUB and Just Jeans, or similar.

Maybe it was the replay… channel seven hadn’t budgeted for that!

My recollection was that it was a French kitchenware company…. moulinex .
Could have been. We didn't count on a replay either, and were on our end of season trip.

Definitely not critiquing Moore’s decision making. I would have preferred we have some protection behind the ball.
I understand the logic behind moving Moore forward. However, their KPPs were marking everything. With Murphy out, it would have been smarter to have at least Moore behind the ball
I think you're missing the point a bit Chrispie - I understand your sentiments and sympathise.

But Fly is NOT a coach to play it safe - FFS the entire game plan is backing our squad in on many 50-50's ALL GAME.

I see it as Fly maximizing our chances to win an almost lost game despite everything being against us.

Yes, it was, I guess the VFL simply took what CUB would give them (Leopard Lager was from NZ) - shocking stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Courage sponsored North

Winfield? Peter Syvesant?

I think you're missing the point a bit Chrispie - I understand your sentiments and sympathise.

But Fly is NOT a coach to play it safe - FFS the entire game plan is backing our squad in on many 50-50's ALL GAME.

I see it as Fly maximizing our chances to win an almost lost game despite everything being against us.

I understand his position! Maybe I’m not as ballsy as him 😂

This. Although I doubt it was Fly who sent Moore forward… sounds like that was of his own volition.

When Moore went forward it was WHE who applied a successful spoil on his opponent in defence. Seconds later he was at the other end of the ground receiving a handball and spotting up Sidebottom with a perfectly weighted kick.

It’s all about trusting your teammates and the game plan.

This. Although I doubt it was Fly who sent Moore forward… sounds like that was of his own volition.

When Moore went forward it was WHE who applied a successful spoil on his opponent in defence. Seconds later he was at the other end of the ground receiving a handball and spotting up Sidebottom with a perfectly weighted kick.

It’s all about trusting your teammates and the game plan.
This is essentially Season 3 Ted Lasso's 'Total Football'.

I had to wait a suitable amount of time to post this.....just because.

My missus was watching the news which was rattling on about what great form Adelaide are in and how injury riddled the Pies were, coming off a 5 day break after an energy sapping ANZAC day thriller.

I told her "Adelaide are or bitches".

And......they were.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back