Game Day Round 7 - Adelaide short people v GWS Giants

Who wins?

• Total voters
Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Last two weeks the opposition class players Mundy -- Fyfe then Omeara -- Mitchell produced to over run us .
Well this week there is Greene ,Kelly , Taranto , Whitfield etc etc .
But wait we brought in our trump card
DAVID MACKAAY
No we dont need to continue to develop our future by dropping Fogarty and overlooking Worrell with 2 defenders out after praising his efforts .
So we will confuse them with our lightweight defence and our midget group of forwards and of course David gets another development game .
Unfortunately think reality will hit today before we get another dose of on showdown day.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Last two weeks the opposition class players Mundy -- Fyfe then Omeara -- Mitchell produced to over run us .
DAVID MACKAAY
No we dont need to continue to develop our future by dropping Fogarty and overlooking Worrell with 2 defenders out after praising his efforts .
So we will confuse them with our lightweight defence and our midget group of forwards and of course David gets another development game .
Unfortunately think reality will hit today before we get another dose of on showdown day.
Just on Greene. We've all been fearing the number he could do on us, but I couldn't really recall him hurting us too badly in the past so I looked up the stats.

Over the last ten games Crows/GWS, I think he missed 3, but there were really only two games he played with any hurt factor.

Averaged about 15Ds with a goal here and there in the other games. Most recent games against us have been underwhelming.

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
DAVID MACKAAY
Not a fan of playing Mackay either, but I disagree that we aren't still very much in developing mode. We have the youngest team selected this week. Mackay in is offset by Lynch/Brown going out and two more youngsters (Berry/Murray) get another crack at it. Worrell will get his turn, as will Fog again. It's still a rebuild even if your favourite young players are missing out.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Another one of those ugly timeslot games against a low drawing opponent.

Shut down Toby Greene and we win the game, however that is much easier said than done.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Money on the giants at surprisingly good odds. Unfortunately we haven't been lucky and this is their best team they have put out on the park all year which has coincided with the most injuries we have had all year. Gws by 4 goals.

A Saturday game, what a shock to the system.

Last edited:

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Money on the giants @ surprisingly good odds.

Why is a surprise ?? They sit 13th and lost to us last year when we were worse

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
DAVID MACKAAY
MacKay will be the tagger......

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
GreyCrow , also along the lines of " what I want to see " --- after the NM and GCS wins, Nicks talked up the Crows' fitness and how they were confident the boys would run out the game.
Yet against both Freo and the Hawks, they seemed to run out of puff.
I'm wondering whether that's a lack of experience, not so much fitness.
The full-on, 10-goal second quarter vs Hawthorn was offset horribly by the last. Maybe the young players need to learn how to conserve their energy, just a little, so that they can run out a full game? After all, they only needed one goal in that last quarter and did miss two gettable chances. In another thread a poster suggested that Keays missed because he was cooked.

Last edited:

thebirdman 24

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
I understand Toby is a good player but surely he is not a one man band. There midfield troubles me more as they have a lot more polish and pace than our one dimensional midfield.
Another one of those ugly timeslot games against a low drawing opponent.

Shut down Toby Greene and we win the game, however that is much easier said than done.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 11, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Money on the giants at surprisingly good odds. Unfortunately we haven't been lucky and this is their best team they have put out on the park all year which has coincided with the most injuries we have had all year. Gws by 4 goals.

Agree

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why is a surprise ?? They sit 13th and lost to us last year when we were worse
The team we had out on the park last year was infinitely better than this one. It contained Sloane, Talia, Brown, BCrouch, Stengle, MCrouch. We also weren't worse when we played them last year and a lot of our players were in better form.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
The team we had out on the park last year was infinitely better than this one. It contained Sloane, Talia, Brown, BCrouch, Stengle, MCrouch. We also weren't worse when we played them last year and a lot of our players were in better form.
And yet we are in better form than we were last year.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I understand Toby is a good player but surely he is not a one man band. There midfield troubles me more as they have a lot more polish and pace than our one dimensional midfield.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think we can break even in there, but they don't have many other forward threats

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
GreyCrow , also along the lines of " what I want to see " --- after the NM and GCS wins, Nicks talked up the Crows' fitness and how they were confident the boys would run out the game.
Yet against both Freo and the Hawks, they seemed to run out of puff.
I'm wondering whether that's a lack of experience, not so much fitness.
The full-on, 10-goal second quarter vs Hawthorn was offset horribly by the last. Maybe the young players need to learn how to conserve their energy, just a little, so that they can run out a full game? After all, they only needed one goal in that last quarter and did miss two gettable chances. In another thread a poster suggested that Keays missed was because he was cooked.
Yep. One of the hardest things to teach is knowing when to run hard and when to conserve energy - and I do think it's instinctual for the good players

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Two tickets to the game

Unfortunately we can’t get there today so if anyone would like a couple of tickets just message me

Thanks

Back