Game Day Round 7 - Adelaide short people v GWS Giants

Who wins?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate... when there are clearly players who are completely and utterly out of form and a co of guys in the seconds playing well.. but you cant bring them in and swap them out because you’ve got some stupid need for a quota of “experienced” players..

then you deserve to lose.

That's fine, but I'm still going for my team and not hoping they get flogged (even if we do deserve it and ultimately probably helps us this year)

I thought that was Hately's role?

Big body looks to be where it ends unfortunately and I'll admit I thought that was what I he was capable of, early indications are I was very wrong.
We let the wrong ones go. Lyons would be handy too.

Rowe just can't or hasn't adjusted to the pace of AFL
I think can't. His limited by his physical traits.

He's a small guy who isn't very agile or fast, which is unusual.

I'm snot saying he is slow, but he must be the slowest small guy in the entire league.

He has good goal sense but thats about it.

He's a luxury i don't think we can afford.

This was the first game where I saw the opposite. Has very good foot skills. Needs to improve his decision making but there was a play in the first where he laced out two forwards in a row. A lot more to work with than I thought.

Yeah I was a bit blown away by that too lol.
Still, glimpses once every 6-7 rounds don't fill me with that much confidence.

I'm snot saying he is slow, but he must be the slowest small guy in the entire league.

The problem is he is not even putting himself in spots the last 6 games where he can crumb the ball inside 50.....hes MILES off the ball when it comes in, rounds 1 and 3 at least he was in some good positions for some goals, sadly its pretty obvious that he will not make it at the AFL level, is offering 0 to the team and IF we had another ready replacement he would of been gone 5 weeks ago, sadly our LIST is a disaster, we have 0 DEPTH.

The problem is he is not even putting himself in spots the last 6 games where he can crumb the ball inside 50.....hes MILES off the ball when it comes in, rounds 1 and 3 at least he was in some good positions for some goals, sadly its pretty obvious that he will not make it at the AFL level, is offering 0 to the team and IF we had another ready replacement he would of been gone 5 weeks ago, sadly our LIST is a disaster, we have 0 DEPTH.
Might as well give Newchurch a crack

How did you come up with that?!
We're doing the things that are hard to get players to do, the chase tackle pressure etc enough, the young players were doing the right things that you need to coach in. The other stuff is tactics, experience and size and that will come and is much easier to fix. Remember of course I said this at the end of the first quarter I reckon it was. We were still ok then and even into the second. It dropped away pretty bad after that.

Depends on the teams we play against. This GWS team is maybe the quickest in the comp. Perhaps Rowey sits out on days like this and Newchurch comes in.

Rowe is a step behind the play, which is criminal when you aren't quick. Eddie wasn't quick either, but he read the play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on the teams we play against. This GWS team is maybe the quickest in the comp. Perhaps Rowey sits out on days like this and Newchurch comes in.

I just don't think we can afford to have that luxury.

Not sure you can have a guy his size with his physical limitations in a modern AFL football side.

The game (and footballers) are not getting any slower or smaller.

The only way i see him fitting in is if everyone else in our forward line is absolutely on fire and he is the cherry on top. Otherwise i cant see a place for him.

Rowe is a step behind the play, which is criminal when you aren't quick. Eddie wasn't quick either, but he read the play.

Eddie was super quick across 5 to 10 metres.

That's why he'd always catch people on the tackle.

He was also super agile so could change direction on a dime.

That's what you want in a small guy.

Rowe has neither of these things.

Like i said, i think hes the slowest small guy in the league.

Add on top of that the step behind stuff you mention and unfortunately hes a feel good story for the club that has run its course.

The title of the thread, 'short people v Giants' was absolutely spot on.
You cant have a midfield of gnomes
The best part was even after the trio of Ned/Laird/keys got smashed out of the middle, the very next centre bounce there they were again..
Being at the ground and seeing the physical difference really makes you wonder what that coaching panel was thinking.

Hately was rubbish lacks intensity and runs around in circles.

Eddie was super quick across 5 to 10 metres.

That's why he'd always catch people on the tackle.

He was also super agile so could change direction on a dime.

That's what you want in a small guy.

Rowe has neither of these things.

Like i said, i think hes the slowest small guy in the league.

Add on top of that the step behind stuff you mention and unfortunately hes a feel good story for the club that has run its course.
Bring back coke boy Stengle.

i thoutht we looked ok going forward when we had the ball. was very wasteful in front of goal. Defensive pressure was awful today just soo bad

Start of year. Grab a free trial of Kayo or $5 a month if Telstra customer

Yeah I tried this offer but I am a Boost prepaid customer, so even though thats telstra it wont work. All good, turns out I had 1 more day on my free kayo trial so got to see the game today. Not that it was worth it

Back