Gold Coast SUNS vs. St Kilda Metricon Stadium (FOX) 2:10pm

North Melbourne vs. Collingwood Marvel Stadium (FOX) 4:35pm

Melbourne vs. Sydney Swans MCG (SEVEN) 7:25pm

Port Adelaide vs. Adelaide Crows Adelaide Oval (FOX) 7:40pm

Sunday, May 9

Hawthorn vs. West Coast Eagles MCG (FOX) 1:10pm 1:10pm

Western Bulldogs vs. Carlton Marvel Stadium (SEVEN) 3:20pm

Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions Optus Stadium (FOX) 4:40pm EST

They are Foxtel exclusive games. Ch 7 will be airing Big Brother in primetime on those Sundays.
Yes I know in the current broadcast deal its' unlikely, but really it should be looked at for future years. Absoltue no brainer. Instead we have games that clash when we could have more standalone which is good for viewers and good for advertising $$$. More games on FTA the better (especially if we can get Ch9/Ch10 back)

Which other games at the MCG would you rather on Friday nights? You want to see Carlton/Essendon spud it up?
Collingwood v Sun's looks like a good match up.

Round 17 2016 Was the last time that we had either a Thursday or Friday Night Game.
Nearly 100 rounds of football and we haven't been granted it once.

Yes we have been ordinary in that time, but so have Carlton...

I would've thought that Fremantle supporters would prefer their games not to be on Thurs/Fri nights due to the start start times of 5:20pm or 5:50pm WA time.

Good for overall exposure to be playing on a Friday/ Thursday Night game where the entire afl fanbase watches.

When we have been allowed to have one in WA we have had a later start time which is obviously not ideal for eastern states

We don't want them all the time but once or twice in a 5 year period would be nice. I don't think that is too much to ask for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

melb v syd instead of rich v geelong in round 8
round 7 is fine as bulldogs playing
If it was anything but the GF rematch I would agree, although Dees would also be on a 5 day break.

Think Round 11 is our best chance at Friday night early - Dogs v Dees at Marvel. Every other game in that round looks pretty one sided too.

Good for overall exposure to be playing on a Friday/ Thursday Night game where the entire afl fanbase watches.

When we have been allowed to have one in WA we have had a later start time which is obviously not ideal for eastern states

We don't want them all the time but once or twice in a 5 year period would be nice. I don't think that is too much to ask for.
That's why you should petition for Sunday nights on FTA in all states. Gives you the same exposure but doesn't mean a 5pm game on a Thursday/Friday which is arguably worse than 5pm on a Sunday.

Melbourne/Sydney already have a good timeslot on Saturday night, and putting them on Friday gives them a 5 day break.
two games on a saturday night in competition with each other, move one to thursday night (or shift one to friday, and the friday game to thursday) to get more games in clean air.

Sunday, May 9

Hawthorn vs. West Coast Eagles MCG (FOX) 1:10pm 1:10pm

Western Bulldogs vs. Carlton Marvel Stadium (SEVEN) 3:20pm
So I know we’ve got a mouthy old tosspot who throws barbs at AFL house every second week, but what have the Bulldogs done to be given an arvo Mother’s Day game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back