Autopsy Round 7 Carlton v St Kilda Post Match Rant/Autopsy/Analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that MM will move Hendo permanently forward to combine with Waite. He could then bring in Watson to fill his place in defense, or even develop Rowe or Kruezer as tall backman. Kruezer looked pretty comfortable in the backline against the Saints - could play a similar role to Lachlan Keefe, or better yet Jake Carlisle.

From memory, Mick doesn't like finishing "there abouts".

If you lose a couple more winnable games it wouldn't surprise me if he starts managing your list so you can pickup a couple of key position players at year end.

Theoretically you could end up with Dale Thomas for free and two-three decent draft picks which would make you a more realistic prospect longer term.

If enough people say this it must make it true.:rolleyes:
v St Kilda
Warnock 14 disposals, 5 marks
Kreuzer 6 disposals, 2 marks

Selling Warnock short with those stats. Went at 93% DE, laid 5 tackles, launched 4 inside 50s won 2 clearances and a lazy 42 hitouts. A very good game indeed.

For the record Hammer had 9 disposals, 4 marks (2 contested), 3 tackles, 3 I50s, 1 goal 2 behind 1 score assist and 7 hitouts.

Kruezer 6 disposals 2 marks (1 contested) 4 tackles 1 clearance 3 I50s no scores or assists and 6 hitouts.

You can make legitimate excuses for Kreuzer's poor performance but it is a fact that Warnock was way way way better on Monday night, and Hammer considerably better as well.

Just saying.

Selling Warnock short with those stats. Went at 93% DE, laid 5 tackles, launched 4 inside 50s won 2 clearances and a lazy 42 hitouts. A very good game indeed.

For the record Hammer had 9 disposals, 4 marks (2 contested), 3 tackles, 3 I50s, 1 goal 2 behind 1 score assist and 7 hitouts.

Kruezer 6 disposals 2 marks (1 contested) 4 tackles 1 clearance 3 I50s no scores or assists and 6 hitouts.

You can make legitimate excuses for Kreuzer's poor performance but it is a fact that Warnock was way way way better on Monday night, and Hammer considerably better as well.

Just saying.

Great game, I thought he was our best player.

One game. No-one's denying he had a better night than Kreuzer (playing his 1st game for a month) on Monday, lets see it a few times in a row.

I assume there was a reason Warnock couldn't even get a game before Kreuzer hurt himself?

Someone on the MC is in love with Hammer :D and everybody knows 3 ruckman doesn't work.:oops: If Warnock had played full forward for 6 weeks and had 50% of the forward entries directed at him, I wonder how many goals he would have kicked, surely more than 3 goals 5 points?

Someone on the MC is in love with Hammer :D and everybody knows 3 ruckman doesn't work.:oops: If Warnock had played full forward for 6 weeks and had 50% of the forward entries directed at him, I wonder how many goals he would have kicked, surely more than 3 goals 5 points?

I really don't think he would have (kicked more than 3.5). For a bloke his size (height really I guess) I think he is a terrible contested mark. Far worse than Kruezer or Hampson.

Would love to be proved wrong, god knows we need someone to stand up. We all better pray Waite stays injury and stupidity free this season.

If enough people say this it must make it true.:rolleyes:
v St Kilda
Warnock 14 disposals, 5 marks
Kreuzer 6 disposals, 2 marks
Would you put your house on Milne taking on and slipping Kreuzer like he did to Warnock?

Warnock isn't as slow as Jacobs, but he isn't as mobile as Kreuzer and Hampson around the ground. Lacks agility after Murphy sold him up the creek with a handball.

Seriously why are people trying to point out Warnock's shortcomings to defend Kreuz...

Warnock has been one of our best over the last few weeks and has easily cemented the 1st ruck spot. Doesn't deserve any criticism and pretty poor form to downplay his good form simply because he has overtaken Kreuz as the preferred ruck at this stage.

Seriously why are people trying to point out Warnock's shortcomings to defend Kreuz...

Warnock has been one of our best over the last few weeks and has easily cemented the 1st ruck spot. Doesn't deserve any criticism and pretty poor form to downplay his good form simply because he has overtaken Kreuz as the preferred ruck at this stage.

The discussion was about Carlton's optimal ruck line-up, someone said Warnock was in front of Kreuzer, I don't agree thats all. No argument that Warnock was better on Monday night, but then again it was Kreuzer's first game for a month and Warnock rucked for the majority of the night - the best position for both players, I think all would agree.

Compare their games this year when they were the number 1 ruck and the other wasn't playing - do you really think Warnock round 4 - 6 was better than Kreuzer round 1 & 2?

The discussion was about Carlton's optimal ruck line-up, someone said Warnock was in front of Kreuzer, I don't agree thats all. No argument that Warnock was better on Monday night, but then again it was Kreuzer's first game for a month and Warnock rucked for the majority of the night - the best position for both players, I think all would agree.

Compare their games this year when they were the number 1 ruck and the other wasn't playing - do you really think Warnock round 4 - 6 was better than Kreuzer round 1 & 2?

Uh yes by a country mile seriously Kreuzer even played a large part in our loss to Collingwood due to his desire to continuously punchthe ball further instead of tapping it to one of our free midfielders when he was against Lynch. Kreuzer also got beaten by Maric in rd 1 too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uh yes by a country mile seriously Kreuzer even played a large part in our loss to Collingwood due to his desire to continuously punchthe ball further instead of tapping it to one of our free midfielders when he was against Lynch. Kreuzer also got beaten by Maric in rd 1 too

Fair enough, I just don't agree. Stats aren't everything (Kreuzer's ability to do the little things and 1%s is one of the big factors in my rating him above Warnock), but;

Richmond game
Kreuzer - 18 disposals, 6 marks, 2 goals, 4 tackles, 20 hit outs, 3 inside 50s
Maric - 16 disposals, 3 marks, 0 goals, 3 tackles, 30 hit outs, 0 inside 50s

Comparable, but a massive stretch to say he was beaten. I'd give Kreuzer the points there - would take 2 goals and 3 inside 50s over an extra 10 hitouts any day.

Collingwood game;
Kruezer - 13 disposals, 2 marks, 0 goals, 4 tackles, 34 hit outs, 4 inside 50s
Lynch - 24 disposals, 5 marks, 0 goals, 1 tackles, 19 hit outs, 7 inside 50s

Yep win to Lynch.

Warnock round 4 -6;
4: 9 disposals, 2 marks, 0 goals, 3 tackles, 17 hit outs, 1 inside 50s
5: 14 disposals, 1 marks, 0 goals, 3 tackles, 25 hit outs, 2 inside 50s
6: 8 disposals, 2 marks, 0 goals, 2 tackles, 44 hit outs, 2 inside 50s

Kreuzer for mine.

Fair enough, I just don't agree. Stats aren't everything (Kreuzer's ability to do the little things and 1%s is one of the big factors in my rating him above Warnock), but;

Richmond game
Kreuzer - 18 disposals, 6 marks, 2 goals, 4 tackles, 20 hit outs, 3 inside 50s
Maric - 16 disposals, 3 marks, 0 goals, 3 tackles, 30 hit outs, 0 inside 50s

Comparable, but a massive stretch to say he was beaten. I'd give Kreuzer the points there - would take 2 goals and 3 inside 50s over an extra 10 hitouts any day.

Collingwood game;
Kruezer - 13 disposals, 2 marks, 0 goals, 4 tackles, 34 hit outs, 4 inside 50s
Lynch - 24 disposals, 5 marks, 0 goals, 1 tackles, 19 hit outs, 7 inside 50s

Yep win to Lynch.

Warnock round 4 -6;
4: 9 disposals, 2 marks, 0 goals, 3 tackles, 17 hit outs, 1 inside 50s
5: 14 disposals, 1 marks, 0 goals, 3 tackles, 25 hit outs, 2 inside 50s
6: 8 disposals, 2 marks, 0 goals, 2 tackles, 44 hit outs, 2 inside 50s

Kreuzer for mine.

Not going to bother on about stats since Warnock has clearly improved the side since he has been in and has beaten all of his opponents that he has faced. Seriously Kreuzers average taps went a long way to our losses since some of them just dropped right from his hands to opposition mids. Well In the end I guess we just to have agree to disagree. Personally I'd say that we would have won both rd 1 and rd 2 if Warnock had been first ruck with his current form right now so Warnock for me.

listed as 83kg, three less than Mitch Robinson
Robinson is a unit.
Not going to bother on about stats since Warnock has clearly improved the side since he has been in and has beaten all of his opponents that he has faced. Seriously Kreuzers average taps went a long way to our losses since some of them just dropped right from his hands to opposition mids. Well In the end I guess we just to have agree to disagree. Personally I'd say that we would have won both rd 1 and rd 2 if Warnock had been first ruck with his current form right now so Warnock for me.
Good one. :thumbsu: :rolleyes:

Why do people give the thumbs up to negative posts? o_O

It's Goal of the Year so far for mine.
Will take a good one to top it.

o_O

Gotta say I was surprised at how angry I was, walking out of Betihad Monday night. Goddamn, of all the clubs - derailing us again. Any wonder us die-hards hold off with the "we're back" behaviour. Hate this s**t every year.

Gotta say I was surprised at how angry I was, walking out of Betihad Monday night. Goddamn, of all the clubs - derailing us again. Any wonder us die-hards hold off with the "we're back" behaviour. Hate this s**t every year.

So bloody frustratng Thy... :mad:

If only we didn't loose two at the start..

I'm sick of St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back