Prediction Round 7 Changes Bulldogs v Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Jong, English (rest)
In: Young, Roughead

Suckling had his usual mix of 60m bullet passes and total clangers and several times just s**t himself with the ball. We were warned by Hawks fans but it's hard to watch sometimes. Stays in because there's virtually nobody else.

Jong however was borderline unwatchable (like much of the game) and I've given him many many chances. Even if there's no midfield option to replace him we could do worse than give Young a run. Besides I like the "out Jong, in Young" consonance. Too good to resist.

I guess Webb would be the other option - match selection just seems like a revolving door with him. Has to be better than Jong was tonight.

English looked completely out-played and out of confidence tonight. He's had some tough assignments against monsters and needs a break. Maybe a few games in the twos to get some touch back.

Time for Jong to go. I’ve seen enough. I’d take a local player next week over him.

It's getting ridiculous. So hard to win games when he is in the side. I'll never be able to comprehend why he gets picked ahead of so many. Whenever you see him or Honeychurch on the team sheet you just know it's gonna be a tough week. I'm honestly not sure if we win the flag if he didn't get injured and give up his spot to Mclean.

It's a bit harsh and I don't mean to sound like I hate him. I actually like him and you can never question his endeavour. He is as hard as anyone and he gives it his all but he's not a natural footballer in any sense and he just kills us with his clumsiness. Immortalmike called it well when he said that he's a huge momentum killer. It's become a real pattern that he is always the weak link in an otherwise solid chain of play. Has to be replaced somehow.

It's getting ridiculous. So hard to win games when he is in the side. I'll never be able to comprehend why he gets picked ahead of so many. Whenever you see him or Honeychurch on the team sheet you just know it's gonna be a tough week. I'm honestly not sure if we win the flag if he didn't get injured and give up his spot to Mclean.

It's a bit harsh and I don't mean to sound like I hate him. I actually like him and you can never question his endeavour. He is as hard as anyone and he gives it his all but he's not a natural footballer in any sense and he just kills us with his clumsiness. Immortalmike called it well when he said that he's a huge momentum killer. It's become a real pattern that he is always the weak link in an otherwise solid chain of play. Has to be replaced somehow.
Was that a cut and paste or just a genuine impersonation?

When the majority of the side is poor it becomes hard to drop players in a way because it can seem inconsistent in decision making and you just end up with a lack of cohesion in the team that does play.

Overall - putting aside the valid potential resting of some of the younger players (any of Richards English Naughton) - I’d still favour minimal changes as largely there’s not a lot to force them out anyway.

This is why I find it tough going on our BF page these days. The same things over and over again.

Yeah Jong had some bad moments tonight, especially down on the HFF in the last where he got caught on his left. Yes his set shots are very poor but what he does offer is an aerial target around the ground.

Him, Dunkley and now Gowers offer lots in the air due to the fact that other than Boyd and English we don't have any other talls forward of centre.

Take the bad with the good.

No change.

Out - Jong
In - Young

Might seem a little too tall, but can push Williams up the ground

English looks tired and needs a rest, but with two other winnable games ahead, I'd persist with him and all the youngsters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out - English (rest)
In - trengove

Out - Jong
In - Greene

Trengove rucks but can give cordy a chop out on lynch as well.

Fb: wood cordy Williams
HB: crozier naughton JJ
C: Hunter Macrae Daniel
Hf: Mclean gowers Lipinski
Ff: Dahlhaus Boyd Greene
R: trengove Bonti wallis
IC: suckling dale Richards Dunkley

Outs are easier than ins with the VFL team having a bye 4 rounds in

Out: Jong (No what he aledgedly brings does not justify a spot in an AFL team and even then he does not use his big body near enough and 2 to 3 marks forward is not impressive)

Dunkley needs a run in the VFL to work back into form

Understand the calls for English but with the Suns and Lions at home get as much gametime into him. Rest him for Adelaide away.

Ins Young

From Roughy, Greene, Trengrove , Campbell

Out - Jong

In - Roughead

*pending the enviable injury.

Boyd to play 95% game time forward for next two weeks. English/Roughead swap at CHF/Ruck.

I’ve been saying this about Jong for ages. Tries hard and is a strong mark but I’ve never seen anyone with such an ability to deliver a **pointless** hospital handpass when space has opened up in front. I’d trade him at end of season.

Outs: Dunkley (fix your kicking son or stay in the 2s) English (rest)
Ins: Trengove, and any mid that has reasonable kicking skills.
Lucky: Jong, Richards, Williams, Gowers

Out - English (rest)
In - trengove

Out - Jong
In - Greene

Trengove rucks but can give cordy a chop out on lynch as well.

Fb: wood cordy Williams
HB: crozier naughton JJ
C: Hunter Macrae Daniel
Hf: Mclean gowers Lipinski
Ff: Dahlhaus Boyd Greene
R: trengove Bonti wallis
IC: suckling dale Richards Dunkley

How would you pick Greene? Has done little in vfl.

This is why I find it tough going on our BF page these days. The same things over and over again.

Yeah Jong had some bad moments tonight, especially down on the HFF in the last where he got caught on his left. Yes his set shots are very poor but what he does offer is an aerial target around the ground.

Him, Dunkley and now Gowers offer lots in the air due to the fact that other than Boyd and English we don't have any other talls forward of centre.

Take the bad with the good.

No change.
An aerial target is useless if you actively don't want him to mark the ball or give a second effort because you don't want the player to have the ball. It was that way for me with both Jong and Dunkley last night. The difference is that this is a new feeling with Dunks with Jong it is every bloody week.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back