Autopsy Round 7: Changes v Gold Coast - Garland, Michie, Stretch, Oliver in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good side, thank goodness I won't be yelling out obscenities every time Lumumba touches the ball on Saturday

Stretch, Mitchie and Oliver are all fantastic inclusions. Don't know what is up with Dunn whether it's personal issues or the fact that he is pissed about not being apart of the leadership group but his attitude didn't look great last week at the game. It looked like Shaw when he first came to GWS, always finger pointing and complaining instead of getting the job done.

Dunn was bad last week, half attempts when defending and looked slow. Was moved forward because he wasn't cutting it. Pederson was much better than him but belongs forward. I welcome garland back!

Dunn was bad last week, half attempts when defending and looked slow. Was moved forward because he wasn't cutting it. Pederson was much better than him but belongs forward. I welcome garland back!
True Dunn wasn't that good last week. However i feel dumping him is a knee jerk selection. Team needs to settle and balance. Personally i'd dump Wagner

So, why is ANB getting the Terlich treatment off Roos?

I mean Michie, FFS, really? REALLY?
I feel it's development and a case of just holding him back for the moment

Dunn was horrible last week ... I think he's been dropped for laziness than just being bad.

If you ask me, Dunn has been dropped for being both. People talking about his importance to the team seem to have been watching a different Dunn or a different Melbourne. Either he's past it, or there's something going on. A shadow of what he was at his "peak", about all that's left is that thumping kick - but then when you only get 9 kicks, and one of them is out on the full, and a reasonable percentage of the others don't find their target, hard to see that as much of a plus. Played his last game for the Dees?

I feel it's development and a case of just holding him back for the moment

I know they play different roles but he's been killing it at Casey compared to Stretch.(and Michie for that matter)

Surely you gotta reward the kid, i mean Hunt, Wagner, Stretch and now Michie have played this season before him, ridiculous.

Michie has been consistently better than ANB, and more effective, especially over the last couple of weeks. Well covered in the Casey reports:

Viv Michie: Arguably our best player, Viv had 35 possessions, nine inside 50s and three effective tackles. We played Viv in a number of different roles and he took those challenges head on. We’ve got some fantastic results from him playing those roles we’re asking him to play. He had a really clear appetite for the contest and used the ball well. Viv’s really damaging when he gets his hands on the ball. I thought Viv was fantastic on the weekend.

Alex Neal-Bullen: Alex had 24 possessions and 10 effective tackles, which was the most pleasing thing about his game. His no fuss attitude around the contest gave us real energy and a really strong appetite around the ball. He’s starting to really bring other people into the game by his ability to use the ball in tight situations, which has been a real focus for Alex in recent weeks – and he’s been able to apply that to his game.

I remember thinking our team that took on Geelong last year was on of the worst teams we'd put out in a while. They sure showed me #positivity

We'll be ok, I have a good feeling about this weekend
So all we have to do is field the worse possible team to achieve victory? We've unlocked the key to success! Oh wait that didn't work out so well in 2013.

Michie has been consistently better than ANB, and more effective, especially over the last couple of weeks. Well covered in the Casey reports:

Viv Michie: Arguably our best player, Viv had 35 possessions, nine inside 50s and three effective tackles. We played Viv in a number of different roles and he took those challenges head on. We’ve got some fantastic results from him playing those roles we’re asking him to play. He had a really clear appetite for the contest and used the ball well. Viv’s really damaging when he gets his hands on the ball. I thought Viv was fantastic on the weekend.

Alex Neal-Bullen: Alex had 24 possessions and 10 effective tackles, which was the most pleasing thing about his game. His no fuss attitude around the contest gave us real energy and a really strong appetite around the ball. He’s starting to really bring other people into the game by his ability to use the ball in tight situations, which has been a real focus for Alex in recent weeks – and he’s been able to apply that to his game.

yea, thats last weeks report yea? Go back and have a look at what ANB did the weeks previous compared to Michie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pfft

Bet Terlich travelled well and all. Pfft.

I know they play different roles but he's been killing it at Casey compared to Stretch.(and Michie for that matter)

Surely you gotta reward the kid, i mean Hunt, Wagner, Stretch and now Michie have played this season before him, ridiculous.

I think Michie has been one of our most consistent - has been playing the Salem role off half back and had something like 10 I50's and 6-7 rebounds last game, good production.

I remember in the pre-season reviews ANB was described as having an "inconsistent" pre-season. I don't remeber him having injury niggles reported so it possibly suggests something else? Could of been missing fitness targets or something I guess.

I think Michie has been one of our most consistent - has been playing the Salem role off half back and had something like 10 I50's and 6-7 rebounds last game, good production.

Terlo has been dominant across half back, nuf said.

Heaven help us if Michie is our QB this week.

I hope so.
Yep. Dunn's kicking in is hideous. The only good thing is the once a game barrel. Not sure what he's got going on in his personal life but he was putrid last week. That fifty he gave away on the wing was a total momentum killer. Just repeatedly does stupid things.

Terlo has been dominant across half back, nuf said.

Heaven help us if Michie is our QB this week.

Terlo gets the ball... then turns it over.

No use getting it 30 times, letting your man beat you and turning it over 10 times.

Michie can kick at least.

Could you say no to this face?
HARMES%20James.png

Roosy: no.

IN: Garland, Michie, Stretch, Oliver
OUT: Lumumba, Salem, Frost, Dunn

I wonder if Garland has been brought in to play on Yablett because I doubt hes done what the coaches wanted in the 2s already

These have to be the worst changes of the season reguardless of the result, Hey frosty never played forward before? Cool play 2 games in a row there
Wait, you havent instantly turned into Stuart Crameri? Ok back to the reserves

Hey Dunny, the midfield was pathetic and your defensive partner Tom Mcdonald kept getting sucked up the ground? Ok your out now that we play the best forward in the AFL atm

Obviously they want Oliver and Stretch because 1 will help us win the footy and the other will help us spread but im not sure about these changes at all, maybe Pedo will go down back and we will try a smaller forward line because I can hardly remember a forward 50 tackle except for Hogans run down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back