Opinion Round 7 Changes vs. Essendon (Sutty & Tabs in for Sherro & Logue)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know most want Ibbo and Spurr out but we don't really have like for like replacements until Ryan and Nyhuis are ready to go. I would be pissed off if they aren't in by the end of the season but for now we are stuck with Ibbo and Spurr. I want Collins in too but we have no reason to go too tall at the back against Essendon.
Hey gaskin. Ibbo is supposedly in because he is a good intercept mark, but I would say Collins has him well and truly covered in this area. In my mind he is a better mark than pretty much everyone in the team (Fyfe is an exception of course!).

Sam is not quick, but then neither is Ibbo. He is not an elite kick, but I would say he's no worse than Ibbo. He is a lot tougher, harder at the ball and has far more hurt factor than Ibbo.

I can't see any reason he is not in the team now.

The more I read about ibbo , the more I worried that his contract might have the same clause as mundy to trigger an extension , after he reach number of game he then be drop .

Good changes was my first thought. Dont want to destroy logues confidence. Sheridan has been ordinary. Im hoping they leave hughes down back, and play sutcliffe on a wing, always though he was better suited there.

Sheridan has been non-effective and doesn't have the excuse of youth anymore. A couple of games away from the firsts will be good for Logue. Suttcliffe and Tabs have been our best performers for reports. No Suban.

Gets a tick of approval from me.

Those bemoaning Ibbo/Spurr, at least one will be out of the best 22 by next month. They're probably waiting for one of our young flankers to string a few games together in the WAFL. Like many others I'd like to see Collins there, guess he's rightly or wrongly seen as more of a KPD rather than intercept marker/small defender.

Think it's also a positive that they're not looking to use Cam as a HBF anymore.

I can see Ryan in for Ibbo before too much longer. I think Spurr will survive a bit longer after that.

Sutcliffe > Sheridan IMO.

Sutty has shown he can be consistent in his earlier games for us; Sheridan has always played one blinder, followed by half a dozen where he's unsighted.

I think they'll keep Sheridan as the emergency. Clearly Logue has to go back to play some WAFL, and Suban hasn't played in a couple of weeks. He was knocked out in the first few minutes the week before the bye, then there was the bye, then he missed the game last week (why was that?). He'll need to have a run somewhere, and unless they're planning on making him a late change (please NO!), then fingers crossed it's with Peel. So Spexx sits out this week.

Why does Logue need to go and play WAFL?
He's been shifted all over the joint.
Back, forward, then on to Josh Kennedy where I thought he was good.

Ibbotson should be given the arse and Logue goes on to a flank with Johnson next to him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a fan of dropping Logue. Physically he's as ready as any draftee it's just some of the AFL smarts that he's missing. That's going to develop a hell of a lot faster playing at AFL level surrounded by Fyfe, Mundy, Johnson etc than at Peel.

He does tend to move the ball that way.

Ha, was waiting for that. Like Carnthedockers I remember the times when he played further up the ground quite well, he was involved in some great, fast transition plays and his kicking inside 50 was low and precise. This game against the Pies back in 2013 (Dawson into the ruck) always comes to mind, came on to replace Griff after he did his knee in the 1st quarter. Kicked a lovely running goal from 60 out and set up another couple of goals too in a very offensive-minded role. When he plays with confidence in his natural position his kicking is actually very good, many people have forgotten this.

Funnily enough if you go back and watch our end-to-end goals from 2012&2013 you'll see Sutty was involved in quite a few of them with his long and accurate kicking being a real weapon. If he's unshackled from a defensive lockdown role and allowed to wheel and deal a bit I still think he has value to us. Original Sutty buddy here so may be a touch biased but he's better than both Suban and Sheridan.

Ibbotson should be given the arse and Logue goes on to a flank with Johnson next to him

I thought he would have done well this week too, 8-day break, no travel and playing a pretty weak team at home. Ibbo will be next to go though.

he's better than both Suban and Sheridan.

Agreed. I have been high on Sutty since the first session I saw him at training and that hasn't changed. It was a discussion point at training this morning and we were in unanimous agreement that he needs to played in the middle. Even just in the match sim they did today he had a couple of really nice passes inside 50 when they moved the ball quickly.

I thought he would have done well this week too, 8-day break, no travel and playing a pretty weak team at home. Ibbo will be next to go though.
Ibbo is pretty safe ,only players in interchange will be in danger to go out . Hughes, logue , croz,sherriden and tucker all in interchange for the last few week . Grey just added in this week .

No you're right. Just tapping in to "conventional wisdom". Maybe they're looking more at his mental fatigue and freshening him up and managing him after a pretty average outing last week. Just so he knows he can still play footy.

Ibbo is pretty safe ,only players in interchange will be in danger to go out . Hughes, logue , croz,sherriden and tucker all in interchange for the last few week . Grey just added in this week .

Next to go out of the older crew I mean.. Just my opinion though and it's tinged with more than a little wishful thinking.

The more I read about ibbo , the more I worried that his contract might have the same clause as mundy to trigger an extension , after he reach number of game he then be drop .

It's starting to look like the only explanation. He's starting to get a dream run now.

For a guy as physically ready as Logue he looked very unready. Hell enjoy some time at Peel I think.
I will play him as a run with role in wafl with the best players of the opposition team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back