Preview Round 7 changes vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, Peak Nuff posting in here tonight. The usual suspects and a few newbies.

West
Sweet
JUH
Schache

How badly do you have had to lose the plot to want to hand your memberships back because these 4 aren’t getting a game?

😂 Hilarious!!
100% this..

Add Buku to that list. Bloke has played 2 VFL games forward.

I agree that West and one of Shache or JUH should probably be playing. But it's not like any of them are setting the world on fire.

We went tall last week. Bombed the ball long all day and got a record amount of intercept marks against us by Frampton, Butts, Dodae and O'Brien. They aren't exactly May, Lever, Petty and Gawn.

If going in with this team forces us to lower the eyes and hit up targets or use our handball game to run forward. Then I'm all for it.

Lol, Peak Nuff posting in here tonight. The usual suspects and a few newbies.

West
Sweet
JUH
Schache

How badly do you have had to lose the plot to want to hand your memberships back because these 4 aren’t getting a game?

😂 Hilarious!!

I think if we look deeper and consider that's our 'depth' maybe that's the real reason people are frustrated. Our bottom six and fringe, especially when we get a bunch of key injuries is average... at best.

It’s hard to know what happens inside the club. Especially our club unless it’s a leak to the media we are told Jack (but that’s a melt for another time).

But there will always be reasons for certain selections and omissions.

JUH for instance. He has shown more aggression without the ball this year with pressure acts up. But, can’t take a grab. He’s down on confidence and a run in the VFL will not hurt. The coaches will be communicating what their expectations are and will be giving him all the support he needs to meet that.

We’re jumping up and down about McComb being selected again, but the same people would jump up and down if he got dropped after one game. Got to give him another opportunity, no one else seems to be knocking down the door except buku but they are not the same player.

VDM I’m not thrilled on, but he does have some toe and geez we need some line breakers in the side.

We simply need to address our shocking disposal efficiency. It has been horrendous all year so not holding my breath. We seem to be going for the miraculous kick instead of the simple option.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who was our last mature age draft selection who came in ready to play? Watching Greg Clark last night and he is just ready to play.

Mystifying as too what Schache has too do to get a decent run. Far from our worst last outing feel sorry for the kid.
Surely he must be scratching his head about it
Far from the only one but I thought he was very poor last week. Those 2 goals fell in his lap and probably covered up how poor he was. As I said, not the only one, and I’d prob keep him in for structure this week, but it’s not that hard to see why he keeps getting dropped. He’s just uncompetitive for far too long in games.

I think if we look deeper and consider that's our 'depth' maybe that's the real reason people are frustrated. Our bottom six and fringe, especially when we get a bunch of key injuries is average... at best.

Then they need to post about our lack of recruiting in certain areas, or about the fact some of our younger players aren’t developing as they should.
Losing your mind over out of form player X getting a game over out of form player Y is embarrassing.

Let’s just play an extra tall because sTrUcTuRe derrrr.

Who comes in to create this so called structure? Sweet? JUH? Schache? Yeah, let’s play out of form youngsters/players that obviously aren’t up to it because apparently playing a certain amount of talls regardless of how they play equals the structure that wins games.

Who comes in to create this so called structure? Sweet? JUH? Schache? Yeah, let’s play out of form youngsters/players that obviously aren’t up to it because apparently playing a certain amount of talls regardless of how they play equals the structure that wins games.
Just stick to posting your analysis and opinion without trolling and insulting others on here, please.

seriously for once have a mature and intelligent conversation on here. All you do is pot and abuse any poster that has an opinion that differs to you and for some reason constantly get away with it.

The constant higher than mighty and my opinion is the only relevant one is getting old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% this..

Add Buku to that list. Bloke has played 2 VFL games forward.

I agree that West and one of Shache or JUH should probably be playing. But it's not like any of them are setting the world on fire.

We went tall last week. Bombed the ball long all day and got a record amount of intercept marks against us by Frampton, Butts, Dodae and O'Brien. They aren't exactly May, Lever, Petty and Gawn.

If going in with this team forces us to lower the eyes and hit up targets or use our handball game to run forward. Then I'm all for it.

Yeah, spot on. We just don’t have the players to fill the roles supporters want filled.

Keath
Bruce
English

All 3 make up our strongest spine. All
Missing though injury.

Our two back up rucks are terribly out of form or lacking any sort of development to hold down a ruck/fwd ruck role.

Our young KPF can’t get his hands on the footy, regardless of his endeavour.

And the other tall available doesn’t like to get his hands dirty and can to be trusted to play any role to a certain standard.

We just don’t have the cattle at the moment. Regardless of where and how many talls supporters want playing.

seriously for once have a mature and intelligent conversation on here. All you do is pot and abuse any poster that has an opinion that differs to you and for some reason constantly get away with it.

The constant higher than mighty and my opinion is the only relevant one is getting old.

Intelligent conversations is almost impossible with some of you.

You honestly believe picking a certain number of talls, regardless of form or ability, and sticking with it long term is going to win football games? Or the very least turn our form around?

It’s bloody insane to believe this is the way forward.

Some of you (maybe not you specifically) make some of these threads unbearable with your constant detached from reality views on how our team should be coached and selected on Thursday nights.

I’ll keep calling it out, if it keeps being regurgitated

Intelligent conversations is almost impossible with some of you.

You honestly believe picking a certain number of talls, regardless of form or ability, and sticking with it long term is going to win football games? Or the very least turn our form around?

It’s bloody insane to believe this is the way forward.

Some of you (maybe not you specifically) make some of these threads unbearable with your constant detached from reality views on how our team should be coached and selected on Thursday nights.

I’ll keep calling it out, if it keeps being regurgitated

Never once this week suggested there was a exact number of talls to play. Purely stated good teams don’t change their structure constantly week in week out. If the structure is Naughton and a make-shift ruck up forward with a Weightman/wallis as third tall then great stick with it. If it’s 3 talls up there then great stick with it.

It’s hard to make players consistent when their roles are changing week to week. They lose the predictability of their forward line as the mix up there is a resolving door.

Sometimes you have to take a rough week or two for the longer term gain.

But rather than have a conversation you have potted the majority of people on here’s intelligence. And admitted you’ll continue to troll any opinion that is different to yours. Yet mods let you do it.

No wonder I barely come to this board anymore

Purely stated good teams don’t change their structure constantly week in week out.

Perhaps, but the causality is probably happening in the opposite direction to what you claim. Consider the following:

When a side is going well, two things are usually happening; the 22 selected are all playing well, and they usually don't have too many injuries. So the fact that they aren't making changes is a result of the fact that things are going well, not the cause of it. Conversely, when a lot of your squad are terribly out of form and you have a lot of injuries, you start making changes and trying different things out of necessity.

You've noticed there was a correlation between teams going well and not making many changes, and that teams going poorly are often making a lot of changes, but I think you're confusing the direction of causality.

But that's just my opinion, dudes.

I like Mitch Wallis but f**k me selecting him as a forward isn’t driving this club forward to the promised land any time soo

If Bev is Moses his tablets are cracked

Perhaps, but the causality is probably happening in the opposite direction to what you claim. Consider the following:

When a side is going well, two things are usually happening; the 22 selected are all playing well, and they usually don't have too many injuries. So the fact that they aren't making changes is a result of the fact that things are going well, not the cause of it. Conversely, when a lot of your squad are terribly out of form and you have a lot of injuries, you start making changes and trying different things out of necessity.

You've noticed there was a correlation between teams going well and not making many changes, and that teams going poorly are often making a lot of changes, but I think you're confusing the direction of causality.

But that's just my opinion, dudes.

No doubt injuries hamper selection atm. But historically beveridge has never been one for like for like replacements. Look back over the hawthorn and Richmond teams at their peak they had the one soldier out another soldier in mentality and generally like for like. We have historically under beveridge been a forward out a half back in, a ruck out a wingman in etc.

This week the two changes that alter the structure were by choice not forced. But like I’ve said if the structure is Naughton, a makeshift ruck and a bunch of smalls go for it but don’t alter it again next week to two or three talls, give it a block of games to gel and work.

Yeah, spot on. We just don’t have the players to fill the roles supporters want filled.

Keath
Bruce
English

All 3 make up our strongest spine. All
Missing though injury.

Our two back up rucks are terribly out of form or lacking any sort of development to hold down a ruck/fwd ruck role.

Our young KPF can’t get his hands on the footy, regardless of his endeavour.

And the other tall available doesn’t like to get his hands dirty and can to be trusted to play any role to a certain standard.

We just don’t have the cattle at the moment. Regardless of where and how many talls supporters want playing.
Put simply our list and its depth is significantly over rated by many in here and the fact we went so far last year has added to the over rating of many aspects of our list.

Can't have a balanced type team if the players that ensure this are not good enough

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like Mitch Wallis but f**k me selecting him as a forward isn’t driving this club forward to the promised land any time soo

If Bev is Moses his tablets are cracked
Wallis is a consistent, multiple goal kicker, he doesn't try and take speccies over the back of packs, he gets his hands on the ball, he know where to present away from Naughton, he's patient. All those ingredients have been missing from the forward line all season and we need to win games.

I'm really worried.

We are spending so much energy belting each other up in the selection thread we might not have anything left for the post mortem. We really need to pace ourselves better.

I'm really worried.

We are spending so much energy belting each other up in the selection thread we might not have anything left for the post mortem. We really need to pace ourselves better.
Rest easy, DW. The appetite for criticism, rant and venting is not only infinite, it's insatiable.

There's usually a point every year where the strange Bev selections cause a crescendo in BF melts (as seen now), before we pull out a miracle win, where the mood then shifts to "BEV IS A MAD GENIUS I LOVE IT", then we go back to losing.

Therefore the only conclusion I can draw is that we will s**t this one in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back