Prediction Round 7: Changes Vs Geelong + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The combined score in the 2 games under Longmuir v the Cats is:
Fremantle 47, Geelong 148

Staying within 5 goals would be great, a win would be well above expectations for mine.

The combined score in the 2 games under Longmuir v the Cats is:
Fremantle 47, Geelong 148

Staying within 5 goals would be great, a win would be well above expectations for mine.
That’s the concerning part. However 2020 was Ryan on Hawkins. Been injuries over the past two seasons that Geelong have taken advantage of.
Our backline is the greatest asset. Pearce to Hawkins/Cameron Cox to Hawkins or Cameron. There’s depth there now.

It’s about as good as a team it’ll be this season. Should be competitive under Jlo this time around vs Geelong

The odds for this game are a little worrying so we are probably going to get smashed. I'm going to be working at the WAFL this sat so I'm going to miss the f*n game. If we are right in it I might have to burn some data and stream it on Kayo.
Get yourself a unlimited data plan. First thing I did when I put Kayo on the phone.

The odds for this game are a little worrying so we are probably going to get smashed. I'm going to be working at the WAFL this sat so I'm going to miss the f*n game. If we are right in it I might have to burn some data and stream it on Kayo.
Should only be about 1gb for the whole game on highest quality.

That’s the concerning part. However 2020 was Ryan on Hawkins. Been injuries over the past two seasons that Geelong have taken advantage of.
Our backline is the greatest asset. Pearce to Hawkins/Cameron Cox to Hawkins or Cameron. There’s depth there now.

It’s about as good as a team it’ll be this season. Should be competitive under Jlo this time around vs Geelong
Hawkins will still kick a few, I’d be worried about Cameron.

Anyone watch the David King video on 360? He is giving us no hope against Geelong due to the ground and gameplan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King is a decent footy analyst by the standard of the industry, which is not great but he genuinely appears to have trouble saying anything nice or even remotely positive about Freo.

It’s actually quite staggering that media who were talking up Carlton for the premiership have downplayed our win to the point that this week is apparently the real test if we’re any good.

No doubt if we lose they can resume normal transmission sucking off the big Melbourne clubs, Sydney & Brisbane.

I actually prefer us under the radar. All this attention makes me uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact we are even in the conversation as a chance for this game is a huge win.

But if we do win… we are a genuine contender.
I don't think we will win. Whilst the Vic media may suddenly lose interest and talk about freo being pretenders, us fans need to remember that Geelong in Geelong with our current injuries is the hardest challenge of the season. It should in no way be interpreted as freo not being worthy of finals.

I don't think we will win. Whilst the Vic media may suddenly lose interest and talk about freo being pretenders, us fans need to remember that Geelong in Geelong with our current injuries is the hardest challenge of the season. It should in no way be interpreted as freo not being worthy of finals.
Anything short of a five goal win and I'm microwaving my membership.

It really is enormous that we're in the conversation. I also disagree with King's analysis - I reckon our gameplan can stack up really well at Kardinia. Locking the ball in the forward half should be easier on a narrower ground and we haven't been switching the ball around the boundary much in recent weeks. If we play our brand I think we will cause Geelong some headaches.

I think the difference in ground dimensions between Optus and Marvel are bigger than the difference between Marvel and Geelong. We played alright at Marvel.

Considering how many of our goals at Marvel were with run and carry in wide open space, an extra bounce before the exact same thing happening shouldn't be an issue.

The extra length of the ground will make our speedy players out the back to goal even harder to catch if they press their defense up higher.

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere

The vibe around the playing group at the moment is definitely the best I've ever seen

Did you see JL in that footage, realise he stepped into the field and then went back and took a big confident step into it? I wonder if there is some sort of white line mantra going from all involved. They are certainly leaving nothing behind after a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back