Unofficial Preview Round 7 Changes vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone help me, convince me we are still gonna win. This season has sucked so far, high hopes have been dashed and we're staring down the most important 3 games of the season with no form, limited players & questionable hunger.

I am not normally so irrational, playing WC brings out the worst in me!

It's like the point at the end of the Matrix where Neo starts to believe. Unshakeable belief is a powerful force, it is part of why Geelong were so strong for so long (apart from having one of the better lists).

To quote Ernie Hudson - "We have the tools, we have the talent."

Same deal last year... ended up being 4 weeks. So if it's like that again we won't see him unto after the bye.

Apparently Morabito has tonsilities otherwise he might have played, which makes sense seeing as everythinmg RTB said alluded to his inclusion. Hopefully he might get the nod next week as we'll need his agility with Hill out of the picture.

Will need some fresh legs as well, with a 6 day break and Port being a massive running side

If Morra is a chance for next week it is really important that he plays for Peel tomorrow. Could have Sylvia, Hill and Morra all available
Out of curiousity, when and where are Peel playing? On ABC? Lyon is eager to get him in, and with Hill out he ll be given every chance. As much as we would love hm to run out against Geelong, even having the first game away will settle his nerves ( if it comes to that).

I don't think croz could match de boer's pressure or tackling. He was the best in the afl last year for forward half tackles, and well up there for pressure acts. Different frame. Different mindset.

But I can believe croz could shrink the gap enough to make the extra attacking opportunities he can provide, worth the drop in forward pressure we have without de boer.

We're on the same page - I concede Matt may have the lead on tackling/pressure right now, but I suspect Croz could still come close given time and a few more pre-seasons in the gym. I certainly reckon he has far better closing speed than Matty.

Out of curiousity, when and where are Peel playing? On ABC? Lyon is eager to get him in, and with Hill out he ll be given every chance. As much as we would love hm to run out against Geelong, even having the first game away will settle his nerves ( if it comes to that).

Nah not on telly this week.

14:30 down in Mandoooraah vs Perth

We're on the same page - I concede Matt may have the lead on tackling/pressure right now, but I suspect Croz could still come close given time and a few more pre-seasons in the gym. I certainly reckon he has far better closing speed than Matty.

Agreed. Thing to remember about Crozier is that he is short what is essentially one full offseason due to glandular fever. If he does get is pressure and tackling game up (positive signs on the weekend), it'll be like having a deBoer who can take a hanger and kick straight from 50.

Agreed. Thing to remember about Crozier is that he is short what is essentially one full offseason due to glandular fever. If he does get is pressure and tackling game up (positive signs on the weekend), it'll be like having a deBoer who can take a hanger and kick straight from 50.

And puts the ball to the advantage of his fellow forwards. Also avoids ball butchery better than just about anyone in the team.*

Lots of positives with Croz. Needs to keep the application, work rate and tackling pressure up though to keep his spot.

* EDIT: was our best last year, if the Disposals per non-free-kick Clanger stat I dumped in another thread turns out to be a good measure... went at Clancee's current 2014 rate, working in the forward line... which is generally a tougher place to use the ball well.

Last edited:
It was a cold instead of a flu, maybe? o_O

Most likely. Lots of people think they have the Flu when it's just a common cold. Flu is quite a serious illness and would put him out of action for 2 weeks or more.

Surprised that Sheridan is out, given that Hill is too. And deBoer comes back in in from left right out of the 22...

Emergencies: Sheridan, Hannath, Silvagni.

With Hill out I pray it rains.. incredibly slow midfield
Crozier should be given Hills normal job of being the outside runner . He has pace to burn ,is not a bad kick and should slot into the roll quite well IMHO.
Silvagni should play in the forward line for most of the game and he should be the asistantance Pav needs to get away from Glass trying to spoil his marks .
I think with Barlow and Ballas coming into the team we look better balanced all over the ground .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crozier should be given Hills normal job of being the outside runner . He has pace to burn ,is not a bad kick and should slot into the roll quite well IMHO.
Silvagni should play in the forward line for most of the game and he should be the asistantance Pav needs to get away from Glass trying to spoil his marks .
I think with Barlow and Ballas coming into the team we look better balanced all over the ground .

But Silvagni is an emergency.

Interesting that the forward line will only have Ballas added. RTB must be backing Clarke as the extra tall. But I don't think he can do it. Would rather Alex

I think if they brought in Silvagni it's more likely it would be to free up McPharlin or Johnson to go forward rather than Silvagni himself. But I don't think he'll play.

Surprised that Sheridan is out, given that Hill is too. And deBoer comes back in in from left right out of the 22...

Emergencies: Sheridan, Hannath, Silvagni.
If it ends up raining, we could probably drop a tall for Shero. Not sure who, though. In the current line up we have Fyfe, Barlow, Suban and Sutcliffe running though the middle.

Bringing De Boer back from out of the 25 to replace Hill in the selected team ahead of Sheridan doesn't make any sense to me.

So much for "playing your way in and playing your way out".

I feel a bit like Judy Garland in the Wizard of Oz:

Ballaz and Barlow are back (oh my!)...
Ballaz and Barlow are back (oh my!)...

Our forward line gets some courage,
And our midfield get's a heart!

...Will some of the more abusive eagirls supporters finally grow a brain? :D

Who knows? - but they'll be smarting by the end of the game. (j/k) :p

Bringing De Boer back from out of the 25 to replace Hill in the selected team ahead of Sheridan doesn't make any sense to me.

With Hurn returning, de Boer probably goes to him. Sheridan was highly likely going to be the sub anyway, him being omitted doesn't bother me.

Remember last year when the Goo got dropped and that got a last minute call up for the Sydney game. Remember the game he had ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back