Round 7 Discussion (dedicated to Andrew Birch)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent discussion guys Andrew Birch .....if I had the want, I'd do a spreadsheet comparison of the different scenarios over the last 3 weeks (hint) ......but Andrew hit the nail, it depends very much on who you traded out & traded in

If you used ROB on-field to bring in Whitfield / Heeney / Seagull ....there's a short term analysis & longterm analysis to be viewed ....obviously the short term maynot have provided the advantage sought

However, as ROB keeps rising in price, the $$ gap required to get Gawn back in, won't be as great as anticipated

I still take the view ....ROB on R3, is great for my byes, & covers (saves trade) if there's an injury .......plus using ROB's $$$ during the bye, IMO will give me a greater advantage

it's hard to work out

Capture.JPG

I traded Witts to O'Brien @r2 & Bruce to Coniglio + I banked $100k which I used to upgrade Darling to Hurn. Bruce was a good pick very early when doing ruck work, but hasn't looked 100% or rucked since.

All very sensible and added points and Baker has turned out be a good choice as downgrade. That's the good.

The bad

Sydney Stack was an opportunity cost and I'm probably 3 trades behind par already.

I always seem to make up a heap of ground come bye rounds each year.
Would be better if I was going well in the first place and didn't have to catch up.
Bye rds my only hope tbh, but think there's a fair chance the effect still be slightly larger this year, as the distribution of premos within lines is going to catch a fair few out. Imbalances.

giphy.gif

You can use my one week result of trading Goldstein > Ross (net me $350k odd to combine with my $200k odd), which gave me funds to go Sheed > Fyfe.

This can be cross analyzed on the basis of score breakdown below, which has me 35 points in front.

Round 7 scores:
Goldstein - 114 & Sheed - 98 = 212
Fyfe - 124 & ROB - 123 = 247

But this can also be analyzed in terms of the fact I now have $433k in the bank, which will allow me to go Drew > Westhoff, Scrimshaw > Lloyd and Duursma > Whitfield using just 4 trades (using one to downgrade Constable > Hately for $150k cash).

So the extra points i'd be netting from the likes of Lloyd, Whitfield and Westhoff compared to Drew, Scrimshaw and Duursma is also a flow-on effect on top of the points i'll be getting from Fyfe and ROB compared to Goldstein and Sheed. :thumbsu:

Maths isn't my forte, so I'm not sure how you got 433k upgrade money from doing Goldy & Sheed > Fyfe & ROB.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hanley, Whitfield, Scrimshaw all out of my DEF.
No doubt it's classified as bullying in here if I trade one of those campaigners out. :moustache::rainbow:
Here2tellyouwhy would tell you to rub the balm onto Hurns' quads or Tom's Bareass.
Doesn't he already have that job all sown up?
He's rubbing something ...that's for sure
He likes to watch.
These posts are all reported for making me pants move

Back in 5

Excellent discussion guys Andrew Birch .....if I had the want, I'd do a spreadsheet comparison of the different scenarios over the last 3 weeks (hint) ......but Andrew hit the nail, it depends very much on who you traded out & traded in

If you used ROB on-field to bring in Whitfield / Heeney / Seagull ....there's a short term analysis & longterm analysis to be viewed ....obviously the short term maynot have provided the advantage sought

However, as ROB keeps rising in price, the $$ gap required to get Gawn back in, won't be as great as anticipated

I still take the view ....ROB on R3, is great for my byes, & covers (saves trade) if there's an injury .......plus using ROB's $$$ during the bye, IMO will give me a greater advantage

I did the Goldy > ROB trade with ROB as R2.

I needed the money at the time to fund some team corrections which is working out well. My best case scenario plan at the time was to do a 1 up 1 down with Hore to get ROB to Gawn. Thought at the time i would be stretching it... now it looks like i'll even have change left over! :thumbsu:

Last edited:
I did the Goldy > ROB trade with ROB as R2.

I needed the money at the time to fund some team corrections which is working out well. My best case scenario plan at the time was to do a 1 up 1 down with Hore to get ROB to Gawn. Thought at the time i would be stretching it... not it looks like i'll even have change left over! :thumbsu:

Had the bullet in the chamber for that exact trade but held Goldy in the end.
You nailed it, absolutely nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maths isn't my forte, so I'm not sure how you got 433k upgrade money from doing Goldy & Sheed > Fyfe & ROB.

I didn’t trade Goldy to ROB, I picked up ROB weeks ago when he was bottom priced.

My sums were slightly off from what I said, sorry. I had $350k from Goldy > Ross combined with $250k already in my bank, giving me $600k.

I then spent $167k odd on Sheed > Fyfe, leaving me with the $433k I now have. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back