Round 7 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1839 :rolleyes:

Pittard, Duncan, Wines, Treloar, Fyfe, Martin, Grundy & Gunston all scoring less than 100.

Guns' n rookies strategy has failed miserably this year.

I should've gone mid-price madness and also gotten in lower end premo's like Mundy, Ziebell, Cotchin, Ebert etc... that are all averaging around 100 and who's scores rarely dip below 90. I just can't stand this up and down s**t every week from my premos. All the top scorers have players like Oliver, Steele, Marchbank, Sandilands, Witts, Nankervis, Heppell, Beams, Touhy, Zak Jones etc... Risky mid-pricers that paid off in a massive way rather than spuds like Treloar, Shaw & Hannebery that cost you an arm and a leg and half the time give you utterly s**t scores.

Next year it's 1 uber-premo down back, 2 in the centre and 1 forward. 2 lower-end premos down back and forward and 3 in the middle and one risky mid-pricer on each line with 2 on field rookies on each line.

last year's winner started with 9 premos so there's some perspective for ya

1839 :rolleyes:

Pittard, Duncan, Wines, Treloar, Fyfe, Martin, Grundy & Gunston all scoring less than 100.

Guns' n rookies strategy has failed miserably this year.

I should've gone mid-price madness and also gotten in lower end premo's like Mundy, Ziebell, Cotchin, Ebert etc... that are all averaging around 100 and who's scores rarely dip below 90. I just can't stand this up and down s**t every week from my premos. All the top scorers have players like Oliver, Steele, Marchbank, Sandilands, Witts, Nankervis, Heppell, Beams, Touhy, Zak Jones etc... Risky mid-pricers that paid off in a massive way rather than spuds like Treloar, Shaw & Hannebery that cost you an arm and a leg and half the time give you utterly s**t scores.

Next year it's 1 uber-premo down back, 2 in the centre and 1 forward. 2 lower-end premos down back and forward and 3 in the middle and one risky mid-pricer on each line with 2 on field rookies on each line.

Wish I had of started with Oliver, Touhy and Jones from the ones you mentioned along with Murphy.

Feel like I am a long way behind the pack compared to teams above me that had all those players from the start even though I am ranked 1,127 overall now.

Ranked 3083.

Bont here I come.
Think that thru carefully .....high % ownership ...rnd 11 bye

He'll stumble in price hopefully, timing i hope coincides with bring Bont in after rnd 11 .....it happened to Sloane this week, so it will happen .....maybe West Coast in Perth is that game?

Wish I had of started with Oliver, Touhy and Jones from the ones you mentioned along with Murphy.

Feel like I am a long way behind the pack compared to teams above me that had all those players from the start even though I am ranked 1,127 overall now.
I had 3 of those from very early on ......but i missed Nankervis

Being 1,127 you're perfectly placed for a run thru the Byes, as long as you've brought in players with Bye structures in mind ......that means no Carlton or Bulldogs trade-ins

Have to say that I am getting really excited about how the way my team is progressing trades wise. :)

This week Hampton > McNiece and Otten > Rocky via Adams DPP. :thumbsu:

Only 2 more upgrades needed up back, 1 in the mids (will move Steele forward at some point) and 1 up forward. :thumbsu:

Might rage trade Treloar to Dusty soon though. :mad:

View attachment 367804
How many trades left JM?

I had 3 of those from very early on ......but i missed Nankervis

Being 1,127 you're perfectly placed for a run thru the Byes, as long as you've brought in players with Bye structures in mind ......that means no Carlton or Bulldogs trade-ins

My trades this week are Hampton > McNiece and Otten > Rocky via Adams so a round 11 bye player there which I don't like but its Rocky and he is on fire!

What do you think of my bye structure mate?

Team.JPG

Need some help only 20 trades left this is my team im Sitting 3rd on my league ladder and ranked 1279 overall do i try go for overall and trade if so what trades do i make or do i save trades and just hope i win this week if i dontit doesnt really matter to much anyways 1494163059326.png

On LG-H870 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Attachments

• 1494163023764.png
    1494163023764.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
All out for 2145, won all my leagues and top scored in my main league, quite happy over all apart from all my rookies who all shat the bed big time. I jumped up over 7000 spots to 6337 overall, was bloody suprised i gained that many spots with a mediocre score like that but i must of underestimated how s**t everyone else went.

The Studs:

Zac Jones, Brilliant game by him today, this is the game i knew he was capabe of and hes finally done it. Im loving his role atm

Buddy, Nothing needs to be said here, what an effort.

Lachie Neale, another ripper game from my main pod, although after the last few weeks im not sure how long he'll remain a proper pod. Had the big C on him today too, finally nailed my first good captain for the year apart from Dangers first few rounds

Hannebery, Finally starting to find some form, had a very decent game today without being spectacular, picked him up 2 weeks ago and hes rewarded me with 2 tons. So quite happy with how hes tracking,

Ryder, Best game of the year for big Paddy by far. after a year off he was always going to start the year slow now we are finally seeing what hes capable of again, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Adams and Laird, not huge games this week but their true studliness is in how reliable theyve both been this year, you can just about have them don for 100 every week,

apart from these lads i went pretty s**t really,Heater, Selwood and fyfe all in the 90's, dalhaus got his usual 100, steele 79 so i cant complain too much with these guys

The Duds

Treloar: Pathetic, ive had enough of your s**t and your very close to getting traded young man!

Parsons: well like all parsons owners im shitty i didnt go black, but you know what they saying about once you go black..

Hampton, See Treloar.

Balic: was tossing up between him and Barret at m9 and made the wrong choice, he seems like a deccent player though and hes already made 90 k in 2 weeks so all is good with him and back to the bench this week for young Harley.

Nankervis: hes a dud for getting a week and making me field Parsons.

Im hoping to push into the top 5000 new week, ive got 300k in the bank and Beams on the bench who i might trade depending on fitness updates during the week. Hello Bont/Pendles/Dusty/Rocky

Score: 1867/21
Weekly Ranking: 98734
Overall Ranking: 25488 (16149)
Heroes: Bontempelli (C), Macrae, Witts, Adams, Myself for saving a trade rather than getting Parson's 19.
Villains: Treloar, Myself for not trading Parfitt and ending up with a doughnut; Myself for planning to get Parsons over Black. (Not that I would've hit 2000 with Black anyway.
Trades Made:Pickett-Vickers-Willis
Trades Planned:Hampton and Parfitt out; one up; one down.
Trades Left:25

Trades: 2.5/10. 35 points over a doughnut. Meh.

Defence: 4.5/10

A good score from Adams, and decent scores from Laird and Shaw, but the rookies weren't prolific.

Midfield 2.5/10

When only 2 players out of 6 premiums score over 100; it's a bad day. Marcus Bontempelli led from the front, his 128 the highest score of my team this week. Dangerfield managed 110, and rookies SPP and Barrett chipped in with 60 each, but Treloar was again disappointing; Pendlebury was below his high standards; Fyfe hasn't reached his level this year, and Zorko, although improved on last week, couldn't break the ton.

Ruck: 6.5/10

Witts was great with 115, but Sandilands only managed 77.

Forwards: 3/10

Macrae great with 117, Dahlhaus tonned up and JJK came close, but Balic and Florent contributed 74 between them and the doughnut ended up being up forward.

Overall:

Comments:

Another disastrous week. I've just got to power through and hope my 'Premium Picks' come good very soon. Also, after I traded SPS to Balic last week, he's gone 78 (just beating his B/E, then followed it up with 134, sending his B/E down to -15 and giving himself a real possibility of generating another $100k cash - and I haven't even made use of the generated cash yet.

Also, after I traded SPS to Balic last week, he's gone 78 (just beating his B/E, then followed it up with 134, sending his B/E down to -15 and giving himself a real possibility of generating another $100k cash - and I haven't even made use of the generated cash yet.

Good post, I made the exact same trade. SPS was coming off back-to-back 49s with a BE of ~70, so I think the trade was warranted. A 78 and 134 was extremely low percentage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My trades this week are Hampton > McNiece and Otten > Rocky via Adams so a round 11 bye player there which I don't like but its Rocky and he is on fire!

What do you think of my bye structure mate?

View attachment 367874

Easy on my SC team ....i can simply switch each bye week on and off?

Your team from a quick glance

Round 11 .....14 of your best 22 playing ...without looking at the miserable rookies
Round 12 ......19 of your best 22 playing ...without looking at the miserable rookies
Round 13 ...... 14 of your best 22 playing ...without looking at the miserable rookies

Because there's only 4 teams having the bye in round 12, most sides will be fine

Round 13 is ok too, as you can trade after round 11 to fix any deficiencies in your round 13 teams

The problem is if you're short Round 11 .....that's Carlton, Bulldogs, Melbourne, Brisbane, WB, and St Kilda players not playing

If you're already suspect round 11, bringing more players into your side from that round will cause you grief

Good post, I made the exact same trade. SPS was coming off back-to-back 49s so I think at the time, the trade was warranted. A 78 and 134 was extremely low percentage
Glad I kept him lol

What a studly stallion.

IMG_1405.JPG

Easy on my SC team ....i can simply switch each bye week on and off?

Your team from a quick glance

Round 11 .....14 of your best 22 playing ...without looking at the miserable rookies
Round 12 ......19 of your best 22 playing ...without looking at the miserable rookies
Round 13 ...... 14 of your best 22 playing ...without looking at the miserable rookies

Because there's only 4 teams having the bye in round 12, most sides will be fine

Round 13 is ok too, as you can trade after round 11 to fix any deficiencies in your round 13 teams

The problem is if you're short Round 11 .....that's Carlton, Bulldogs, Melbourne, Brisbane, WB, and St Kilda players not playing

If you're already suspect round 11, bringing more players into your side from that round will cause you grief

I could always bring in Selwood or Dusty.

Do you reckon bring one of those in instead of Rocky?

I could always bring in Selwood or Dusty.

Do you reckon bring one of those in instead of Rocky?
You can bring Rocky in if you're replacing another Rnd 11 player .....otherwise bring in a Rnd 12 player (Dusty) if you need to bring in now

I'm bringing in Yeo this week, who's rnd 12 and replacing (ATM) Simpkin, who's also a rnd 12 ......so my currently bye structure is not compromised

Need some help only 20 trades left this is my team im Sitting 3rd on my league ladder and ranked 1279 overall do i try go for overall and trade if so what trades do i make or do i save trades and just hope i win this week if i dontit doesnt really matter to much anyways View attachment 367877

On LG-H870 using BigFooty.com mobile app
What I would do: cash in one of your forward rooks, probably Butler, get Nankervis on field and get Strnadica or Cameron into R3. That R3 bench score is wasted. Your D looks ok for now and mid cows can keep fattening for a week or two.

You can bring Rocky in if you're replacing another Rnd 11 player .....otherwise bring in a Rnd 12 player (Dusty) if you need to bring in now

I'm bringing in Yeo this week, who's rnd 12 and replacing (ATM) Simpkin, who's also a rnd 12 ......so my currently bye structure is not compromised

I'm actually getting rid of 2 round 13 bye players (Otten and Hampton)

Has less out in round 12 so maybe worth get Dusty or Selwood instead?

I'm actually getting rid of 2 round 13 bye players (Otten and Hampton)

Has less out in round 12 so maybe worth get Dusty or Selwood instead?
If you have two rnd 13 players being traded out, IMO trading in Selwood (rnd 13) is fine .....2 out & 1 in :thumbsu:

Dusty is safe as houses, as he's round 12

Go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back