Round 7 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hack billings doing his name proud for the 6th week in a row. Great work son.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What's your trading history like this year? You must be absolutely terrible at DT if you've still got a team full of spuds 7 rounds in.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
What's your trading history like this year? You must be absolutely terrible at DT if you've still got a team full of spuds 7 rounds in.
I see Spud Neale tonned up for the 5th time this year

Killing Brads team he is

Apr 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Billings. Parker. Petrecca. All I heard all pre season from the footy world was how they had their best pre-seasons ever and how they were ready to explode....the 3 couldn’t be playing worse and all at the same time...unfortunately I was hit by the zerrett and Matt crouch punishment early. Throw in buddy and unfortunately I’m left keeping the three spuds above. The funny thing is I scored 2348 round 1 and have scored worse every week since despite bringing in better players each week.

Billings. Parker. Petrecca. All I heard all pre season from the footy world was how they had their best pre-seasons ever and how they were ready to explode....the 3 couldn’t be playing worse and all at the same time...unfortunately I was hit by the zerrett and Matt crouch punishment early. Throw in buddy and unfortunately I’m left keeping the three spuds above. The funny thing is I scored 2348 round 1 and have scored worse every week since despite bringing in better players each week.
Jeez mate, that's pretty rough. Seems like the players are getting injured/playing poorly on purpose just to spite you. Maybe you should think about not playing next year?

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Dustys role is yuck

Hopefully he'll be DPP again next year, but in saying that he'll probably average 110+ in Supercoach, so he won't be. Like Bont last year...
We had this discussion earlier this year re Lobb. VS' argument that he didn't get ruck status was that his heat map last year didn't warrant it. They can't possibly say that about Martin next year. Same could almost be said of Danger.
But, I'm with you. They won't give either of them mid/fwd status next year.

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Round 1 was obviously a fluke. Won't happen again.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
We had this discussion earlier this year re Lobb. VS' argument that he didn't get ruck status was that his heat map last year didn't warrant it. They can't possibly say that about Martin next year. Same could almost be said of Danger.
But, I'm with you. They won't give either of them mid/fwd status next year.
Yet they hand out DPP like candy in AFL Fantasy

Whitfield probably won't even get DEF status next year knowing them

Imo any players handed DPP in AFL Fantasy the year before should carry that new position into the next year

Agechamp

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep billings does no tackling nothing.

He's gone.

Fritsch is far better haha

Agechamp

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Zorko finally.

Pendles looks like a solid get. Just always scoring well..

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
******* idiot coaches are killing me. Weeks ago, Simpson plays Yeo in a ridiculous role and this week we have idiot Fagan putting Beams deep forward after scoring 70 points in the first half as a mid fielder.
i suppose they'll say the're correct just like the AFL does after it *s up.

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Billings and Parker :drunk:

Finding it hard to stick fat with my priority of upgrading all rookies first (especially when Rookies like Fritsch are coming up with 90s)

I am just over the 2000 mark with a quarter of Treloar and Murray
Why would you even consider trading Fritsch when you have Billings in the squad.
I've had enough of Billings - he is goneski.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Why would you even consider trading Fritsch when you have Billings in the squad.
Fritsch is a long way off hitting his peak price, was just using the example of an over performing rookie vs under performing premium
My trading aim is always very strict on turning rookies into premiums and pretty much backing in anyone else unless they get badly injured.
Last year I held onto Heath Shaw almost all the year and that was a bad mistake. Might have to look at burning a cash cow in order to upgrade Parker and Billings (3 trades as well though)

I'm weary of still doing fix it trades in round 8. It'll be a long week of reverse trading with Billings a star actor on the Mozzie Bites team sheet.

so... who kept Zorko?
Traded him out round 3, but I'd still have my reservations going forward. Let him get touches and the Lions are clearly a better team. I doubt many AFL coaches, apart from crazy Bucks, will afford him such a luxury again.

Agechamp

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Traded him out round 3, but I'd still have my reservations going forward. Let him get touches and the Lions are clearly a better team. I doubt many AFL coaches, apart from crazy Bucks, will afford him such a luxury again.
Think you are spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back