Preview Round 7: Essendon vs Carlton, Melbourne Cricket Ground, Sunday 02/05/2021 @ 3:20 PM AEST

Who wilt have the higher score come full time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You know the club better than me so I will defer to your better judgment, but from an outsider I haven't seen anything about a rebuild and thought you just had young players because a lot of your better players wanted to leave the club.

Doesn't seem like a purposeful rebuild
I still believe in all the hype of Eddie Betts. Great player, magician on the field and a real lose for the Crows who seem to be struggling without him. Is he still on your list? That helps us towards a win.

Last edited:
We beat them last year. Not feeling confident next week though.

As for this week, we're turnover merchants at present, insist on randomly bombing into F50, and maintaining a man on man defence without a loose back. Confidence looks shot for us and something just isnt right. You guys should win.

That said, if 45 years of us vs you guys has taught me anything, its that form and ladder position is irrelevant when we play. Don't know why, but when we play it's just always so unpredictable. Could go either way.
Except for the time when it was the Bryce Gibbs Cup. It was some excellent tanking/ cheating/ non-winning mentality right there that scored youse the draw. Congrats, he was a real winner, I mean loser, I mean drawerer....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We beat them last year. Not feeling confident next week though.

As for this week, we're turnover merchants at present, insist on randomly bombing into F50, and maintaining a man on man defence without a loose back. Confidence looks shot for us and something just isnt right. You guys should win.

That said, if 45 years of us vs you guys has taught me anything, its that form and ladder position is irrelevant when we play. Don't know why, but when we play it's just always so unpredictable. Could go either way.
Was more a reflection on the dogs but yeah.

I reckon it's gunna be one if those close ugly ones again.

Should be good learnings had by all. The Woosha cup.

Should be a close game I hope - as long as we win! I’m hearing there will be a few changes this week through a decent source Jimmy Stewart is apparently in the mix- that would be huge! Could see a team like;-

Francis Stewart Laverde
Redman Ridley Hind
Heppell McGrath Cox
Langford Stringer Smith
Jones Hooker Tippa

2LP Parish Merrett

Guelfi Ham Snelling Bryan
Perkins

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Id be tipping Carlton but were certainly a chance i just feel Carlton being pumped in the media and us coming off quite a big win will be hard for a young side to back up. Want to be proven wrong

In: Bryan, Ridley and Waterman
Out: Phillips, Francis and H.Jones

Thats what id like to see. Zacka remains sub. Got a good run last week

Stewart needs some game time in the VFL. Give Harry Jones a half/3 quarters in the VFL for some form/rest

If Francis is ok, i havnt heard anythinf then BZT can play VFL

Id be tipping Carlton but were certainly a chance i just feel Carlton being pumped in the media and us coming off quite a big win will be hard for a young side to back up. Want to be proven wrong

In: Bryan, Ridley and Waterman
Out: Phillips, Francis and H.Jones

Thats what id like to see. Zacka remains sub. Got a good run last week

Stewart needs some game time in the VFL. Give Harry Jones a half/3 quarters in the VFL for some form/rest

If Francis is ok, i havnt heard anythinf then BZT can play VFL
No ******* way should we drop BZT this week. We're gonna need all the tall defenders we can get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a close game I hope - as long as we win! I’m hearing there will be a few changes this week through a decent source Jimmy Stewart is apparently in the mix- that would be huge! Could see a team like;-

Francis Stewart Laverde
Redman Ridley Hind
Heppell McGrath Cox
Langford Stringer Smith
Jones Hooker Tippa

2LP Parish Merrett

Guelfi Ham Snelling Bryan
Perkins

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No way Stewart comes straight in off an 8 week hamstring, would be irresponsible

Early pressure the key. Set the tone for the game.

Blues have more at stake for this one. They lose and pressure starts building big time.

No ******* way should we drop BZT this week. We're gonna need all the tall defenders we can get.
Thought BZT was quite reasonable last week, too. Did a couple of good things, no glaring errors that I recall, and in a high intensity game. I reckon the coaches would have been quietly pleased. It was a good game for his development. I'd actually be loathe to drop him this week.

Thought BZT was quite reasonable last week, too. Did a couple of good things, no glaring errors that I recall, and in a high intensity game. I reckon the coaches would have been quietly pleased. It was a good game for his development. I'd actually be loathe to drop him this week.
Agree. Collingwood's second goal was a bit of a low light, I thought at the time but then saw a replay of the 93 prelim later in the week where the exact same thing happens to James Hird...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back