Preview Round 7: Essendon vs Carlton, Melbourne Cricket Ground, Sunday 02/05/2021 @ 3:20 PM AEST

Who wilt have the higher score come full time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIL that people don't get soft tissue injuries in the magoos. If you're coming back from soft-tissue, you play in the VFL for a game or two and get confidence knowing your hammy is impervious. Not sure why more people don't know this. Could revolutionize player management.

TIL that people don't get soft tissue injuries in the magoos. If you're coming back from soft-tissue, you play in the VFL for a game or two and get confidence knowing your hammy is impervious. Not sure why more people don't know this. Could revolutionize player management.
Coming back through the VFL has two benefits:

1. It is played with less pressure at a slower pace
2. We can manage his minutes to build his match fitness by playing him for 3 quarters if we want and putting him on ice

It's always risky bringing a player who hasn't played in almost 3 months straight back without match conditioning.

Not only fitness but game touch, he hasn’t played a game in over 2 months and he’s coming up against the in form forward of the competition

It is an interesting decision and goes against what they have done so far. I agree it is risky. I would be sure the injury would be good but as you say no games for 8 weeks. Just looks like they do not have the confidence in BZT to match up on McKay. I wonder if Francis had of come up whether they would have played Stewart.

Coming back through the VFL has two benefits:

1. It is played with less pressure at a slower pace
2. We can manage his minutes to build his match fitness by playing him for 3 quarters if we want and putting him on ice

It's always risky bringing a player who hasn't played in almost 3 months straight back without match conditioning.
Get over it people. Players come straight back in all the time. Hird had plenty of big injuries but didn't play many VFL.

It it what it is. Not worth worrying about. Pings it again, so be it. Can just as easily do it in VFL.

Just beat the Blues!

Should be a close game I hope - as long as we win! I’m hearing there will be a few changes this week through a decent source Jimmy Stewart is apparently in the mix- that would be huge! Could see a team like;-

Francis Stewart Laverde
Redman Ridley Hind
Heppell McGrath Cox
Langford Stringer Smith
Jones Hooker Tippa

2LP Parish Merrett

Guelfi Ham Snelling Bryan
Perkins

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow great intel on Stewart coming in - you've nailed the team pretty much on Friday a full day before it is released. Only player you got wrong was Francis but we were all being told he would be given 'until the last minute' - which he obviously wasn't....Ambrose a good inclusion though and we have to be a big chance to knock off the Blues today

Get over it people. Players come straight back in all the time. Hird had plenty of big injuries but didn't play many VFL.

It it what it is. Not worth worrying about. Pings it again, so be it. Can just as easily do it in VFL.

Just beat the Blues!
I don't mind Stewart's inclusion because I trust our medical staff, but I'm also not going to pretend coming through the VFL is a useless exercise

I don't mind Stewart's inclusion because I trust our medical staff, but I'm also not going to pretend coming through the VFL is a useless exercise
Agreed for some but decision made, nothing will change that.

Focus on the kids coming through. Looking forward to see Bryan.

We should be able to exploit our height around the ground. Hopefully 2MP can repeat his last effort, was huge in our win. Can hardly remember when we had an option for marks down the line.

Wow great intel on Stewart coming in - you've nailed the team pretty much on Friday a full day before it is released. Only player you got wrong was Francis but we were all being told he would be given 'until the last minute' - which he obviously wasn't....Ambrose a good inclusion though and we have to be a big chance to knock off the Blues today
Ambrose?

Really, really, really don't like us rushing Stewart back. Goes against how we've handled players coming back from injury so far this year. Has the potential to really blow up in our faces.

Also hate that we're effectively dropping BZT for him, who was honestly pretty good last week and has been doing okay in every game he's played so far this year. It's honestly a real Woosha style move to play an older guy coming back from a serious injury over a kid who's really done nothing wrong.
Yeah I don't much like it either. Truck was establishing selection table standards, then this.
Maybe he just doesn't want BZT's confidence slaughtered by Harry McKay and would rather do that himself.

Team defence the key today. Pressure at the stoppage will have a residual effect on their ability to hit up inside attacking 50.

A huge team effort like last week will be massive. Do not underestimate Ridley’s ability to intercept here, floating across in front of Casboult and McKay. Heppel’s leadership down there and the defence having a bigger body is huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see. I never read the rule that a an older guy can't play BACK. Except if course at great teams like Geelong and Hawks. I read on here yesterday that Stewart would DEFINITELY not play without playing in the 2nds. I'd have thought this site is more a place for people to give their view without others getting all high and might about how they perceive the FACTS. I'm pretty much done here it's so childish. Every time I post some warrior has to correct me. Blah blah. I think Btz is basically redundant and would be lucky to get picked up elsewhere. I'll have a bit of a laugh if any of those 3 play a minute back too. Chow

*Notice I use the tem 'I think'.
His initials are BZT.

I joke I joke. Please don't go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team defence the key today. Pressure at the stoppage will have a residual effect on their ability to hit up inside attacking 50.

A huge team effort like last week will be massive. Do not underestimate Ridley’s ability to intercept here, floating across in front of Casboult and McKay. Heppel’s leadership down there and the defence having a bigger body is huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really looking forward to seeing the boys build on last week. Not sure how Bryan will go against Pittonet but getting first use ahead of Cripps and Walsh will be vital. McKay will clunk everything Stewart allows him to. Hopefully he keeps up. Looking forward to another big game from Laverde. Would love to see him go to another level this year and finally confirm his true value.

I do think it’s odd to bring Stewart straight in, but when you look at the options it’s really just the two of them to choose from with Reid and Francis out and Brand/McBride also coming off injury and nowhere near the level yet.

The third option is Hooker, but then you start messing up the forward line as well, and Rutten seems to like to keep the lines as settled as possible. And then there is Ambrose who doesn’t seem to be either coming or going atm, at either end 🤷‍♀️

So as far as Stewart and BZT, Stewart is bigger, stronger, more mobile, and has better endurance. If you put them next to each other I don’t think it’s hard to see why Stewart would go with McKay rather than BZT.

BZT is probably not at the level of playing on the big key forwards at this stage. He has work still to do. That being the case I don’t think he’d be too shattered, he would know what he has to do to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back