Preview Round 7: Essendon vs Western Bulldogs, Carrara, Friday 17/07/20, 7:50 PM

Team with more points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs swung the axe:

In: H.Crozier, C.Weightman, M.Suckling, La.Young
Out: J.Schache (omitted), R.West (omitted), T.McLean (omitted), L.Butler (omitted)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Schache dropped, we can play Hooker forward to give McKernan a break.
Thing is Cordy is starting forward this match so that's two talls against a backline without Hooker. It will be interesting to see how both teams go about it.

Thing is Cordy is starting forward this match so that's two talls against a backline without Hooker. It will be interesting to see how both teams go about it.
With Redman coming in, perhaps Jordan Ridley can play on Cordy. I think it's probably more valuable to be playing Hooker forward to release McKernan and Laverde. We'd have Hooker, McKernan, Laverde and Townsend as marking options inside 50.

It's interesting indeed. It'll probably depend on how we're going. We'll likely start Hooker in defence.

With Redman coming in, perhaps Jordan Ridley can play on Cordy. I think it's probably more valuable to be playing Hooker forward to release McKernan and Laverde. We'd have Hooker, McKernan, Laverde and Townsend as marking options inside 50.

It's interesting indeed. It'll probably depend on how we're going. We'll likely start Hooker in defence.
Yeah both teams look to be playing 1 or 2 versatile forwards. I believe tomorrows game will be one of our closer encounters. Good luck bombers lets hope its a good one.

Ins and Outs since last time they played

Essendon INS: Hurley, Saad, Ridley, Ham, Parish, Cahill, Snelling, Townsend, Phillips, Hibberd, Smith and Laverde

Essendon OUTS: Shiel, D Clarke, Z Clarke, Ambrose, Heppell, Myers, Baguley, Gleeson, Begley, Brown, Stringer and McNeice.

Bulldogs INS: Williams, Keath, Daniel, Vandermeer, Wallis, Bruce, Weightman, Liberatore and Young

Bulldogs OUTS: Dunkley, Mclean, Hayes, Duryea, Naughton, Schache, Dickson, Lloyd and Trengove,

Also how ridiculously fast is our small defenders with Saad, McKenna, Fantasia and Redman. That's actually kind of crazy. Most teams don't even have 2 defenders that quick. Doesn't mean we can use it effectively but I can't help but think it'll be fun to watch.

Ins and Outs since last time they played

Essendon INS: Hurley, Saad, Ridley, Ham, Parish, Cahill, Snelling, Townsend, Phillips, Hibberd, Smith and Laverde

Essendon OUTS: Shiel, D Clarke, Z Clarke, Ambrose, Heppell, Myers, Baguley, Gleeson, Begley, Brown, Stringer and McNeice.

Bulldogs INS: Williams, Keath, Daniel, Vandermeer, Wallis, Bruce, Weightman, Liberatore and Young

Bulldogs OUTS: Dunkley, Mclean, Hayes, Duryea, Naughton, Schache, Dickson, Lloyd and Trengove,

Almost every one of their outs killed us last time, especially Dunkley and McLean. That list kicked 15 of their 21 goals.

Meanwhile we are missing both Z.Clarke AND McNeice. That alone is with like 20 goals.

Dogs fans I know really confident before this game. Just seen they have been backed into favouritism ($) too.

I guess they deserve to be considering their recent form against us... but their most recent performance & such a short break could make it a bit more interesting than they want to believe.

For all the talk about the players we are missing... they are missing a fair chunk of quality as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back