Preview Round 7: Essendon vs Western Bulldogs, Carrara, Friday 17/07/20, 7:50 PM

Team with more points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confident that I put far too much chilli in tonight's vindaloo and I'll be watching the second half on my phone in the toilet

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
The talk about what we did against Collingwood concerns me a bit. Shiel and Stringer were huge for us in that game and they both add some crash and bash to the middle.

I'm not saying we will get monstered by the Bulldogs, but I'd like us to have directly replaced Shiel with either Clarke, Hibberd or Parish on the team sheet and said thats what we are going to do to get first football - backing them in accordingly. Mostly I'd like us to be trying to find a regular extractor from this list this year and i just don't see Langford ever being that.
Yeah I don't pay much mind to the positioning on the team sheet anymore. I wish the team sheet aligned with game day as a spectator, so I know who I'm looking for more easily and so I can guess match ups more easily.

Hopefully Parish and Hibbo have the Stringer/Shiel roles in the middle. Hibberd especially. He was brought in as a big body, let's use it. Allow him to show his skills on the inside. Someone will need to nullify Libba and Smith's influence.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm confident that I put far too much chilli in tonight's vindaloo and I'll be watching the second half on my phone in the toilet
At least you won't have people trying to talk to you about all manner of meaningless other stuff while you're trying to watch the game. I mean, if there's a house for sale and it's not in your own town, what does it matter compared with whether we're playing well or not? Priorities.

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Can't believe Frang isn't playing. He's got too much potential to be kicking it with the mouth-breathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back