Game Day Round 7, Fremantle vs GWS Giants, Sat 7th May, 6.10pm, Domain Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news on Davis. I hope that was precautionary. Losing him now would be disasterous. News on tuesday at the injury table has been much longer than expected this year

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Any news on Davis. I hope that was precautionary. Losing him now would be disasterous. News on tuesday at the injury table has been much longer than expected this year

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Haven't seen or heard anything as yet. Fingers crossed on it being precautionary.

Take the win.

Can't be 100% every week and this is a game we would have lost last year.

If my lip reading skills are good Toby said "We were s**t" which was probably harsh...thought we won ugly which happens when you play a Ross Lyon coached team.

Liked Kelly tonight as well as Haynes and Cogs. Ward and Mummy good.

Thought Williams and Wilson had dirty nights but they have credits in the bank.

Steele had some great moments and is a cool customer.

We beat those freaks in the west...celebrate baby!!

I think that was our best win. Not playing our best in Perth against a team who just wanted a stoppage game. We hung in there and fought it out... Exactly what we needed to do. A big sign of growth tonight... They will gain a tonne of confidence out of this.

He's been named among the best in the NEAFL the last couple of weeks and was an emergency this week (and not for the first time I think)

Be a great comeback after two recos.
Hope we don't need to make the change, but it'd be so awesome to see Mohr back out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice solid win.

Fremantle played well. This shouldn't be a surprise, they have a lot of talented players, and a quality coach they still play hard for.

The midfield battle was pretty even. In the end it was a couple of relatively efficient bursts from us which established a lead, then we kept enough pressure on, Fremantle couldn't quite take their chances, and we kept our nose in front until the end.

Really nice turnaround to see us hold our composure and spirit, away from home, when the opposing team made a run. Handled that situation much better than last time it happened vs Melbourne in round 1.

Looking for top 4 as a minimum. We are a mature, physical team and there is no reason we shouldn't be aiming for a premiership this year. This is the kind of win you need to secure in order to make that a reality.

We all know it was the first win against Freo, and the first win in WA and the first time we've won 4 in a row - but it is also the first game we've won by only winning the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

It is also our 25th win from our first 95 games - exactly the same as Gold Coast and Brisbane (25 from 95)

Just a bit of trivia for you....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back