Toast Round 7 = Geelong 35-57 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

We never gave any Geelong player a look in. Three of their goals were umpire gifts but that's a normal thing for the baggers.
Maynard is an old fashioned mongrel footballer with speed and disposal smarts.
Moore is the complete defender.
DeGoo is great when he's 'on' - hopefully his focus has returned.
A few uncharacteristic fumbled marks in the back line- weather plays a part and also much gut running from the entire team doesn't help.
Josh keeps showing us glimpses and delicious glimpses they are too.

- Excellent pressure performance tonight. Made them rush and lose composure. Kicking efficiency in their forward 50 was 35%. 210 pressure score, the highest of any team this season
- Their lack of Rucks hurt them badly. Panicked against Grundy around the ground. Grundy's tapwork improved tonight.
- good team selection tonight. Leaving Cox out and bringing Noble in, who was influential early and pushed us forward in 1H
- great games from DeGoey, Pendles, Adams, Treloar, Moore, Maynard. Improved performances from WHE, Phillips tonight
- De Goey looked good up forward. Still a role to play in centre square when we need a spark and his goal off the deck in 4Q with movement in the clearance showed how damaging he can be in the square too.

To those who say Buckley is a poor match day coach, I think the selection of Noble for Cox, Crisp and Elliott in the centre square and leaving DeGoey up forward were smart moves

To those who harp about our scoring capacity - our percentage is even clearer top 2. Geelong were the No 1 offensive team. Defensive dominance counts for a lot and we have been awesome as a back 6-7. Should we panic about scoring 57 points only tonight?

Kept attacking tonight I thought too. Made a difference. Quaynor and Noble both look to push forward off half back and break lines.

Made some errors kicking short and turning it over in the wet. We need to recognise that umpires are calling 'not 15' increasingly in any case, which adds to the pressure in doing so. Only knock I'd have.

Well done Pies

Too good for us tonight Pies, well played.

Good luck, hope we get to play you in the finals, and perhaps do better. You're looking a very strong side when you play well.
Thanks mate, I hope Clark is ok with his shoulder. Selwood should be back quickly.

Great pressure.
Every player hounded the Cats player with the footy.
We had some outstanding individual players, but it was the team effort of pressure that won the game. All 22 players should be very happy with how they attacked that game.

Bucks just mentioned our pressure peaked at 240 in the 2nd QTR and averaged over 200 for the whole game - that is unbelievable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see your point and raise you a 'bukley is a sh*t GameDay coach he should swing our soon to be AA CHB to FF as a hail mary'

Dunno if you're implying that's something I've said, if you're confusing me with someone else or just making a statement regarding some of the sillier things that get said on this board...

Too good for us tonight Pies, well played.

Good luck, hope we get to play you in the finals, and perhaps do better. You're looking a very strong side when you play well.

Thanks mate, you guys top 4 material, losing Selwood early hurt
in wet. God dam danger is a star... Tough season for us fellow vic teams!

Bucks just mentioned our pressure peaked at 240 in the 2nd QTR and averaged over 200 for the whole game - that is unbelievable.
vXqXDzp.gif

Great to see DeGoey click into gear tonight after misfiring for most of season to date.

Our midfielders were a class above and our daring, fast ball movement was back. Suddenly we have plenty of foot speed which hasn’t always been the case.

Good to see WHE regaining some form and Noble justifying his return to the side.

Great win, Pies! We’re back in business!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Do you reckon they’ll bring cox back in next week ? I felt like we were lacking a tall forward target until the last quarter where jordy was all over it... I don’t know if that’s because of poor decisions by the players kicking it in or because we need another tall option. There were times where I thought Cox could be useful but Cox always seems like a better idea when it’s imagined vs when he’s actually on field....

Chris Scott talking us up pre and post game makes me feel uneasy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back