Toast Round 7 = Geelong 35-57 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Phillips looked better playing in his natural position, and so did WHE.

JDG should play predominantly as a forward. That shoud be written in stone. He's a gun.

Treloar is elite in both inside 50s and rebound 50s, we underrate him.

Grundy is second in the league for hitouts to advantage at 25% (Goldstein 1st at 28%).

De Goey was the highlight of the night. After a turbulent few weeks, it was good to see him live up to his hype and expectation. One of his best games he's played in over 12 months.

Very pleased that we finally won a match in the wet. It's been evident recently that we've struggled to overcome these conditions in other matches, so hopefully we've learnt to adapt better to it.

I think the withdrawal of Cox was necessary and made our forward line potent even if it meant Mihocek had to tussle all night with Blicavs.

Maynard is a bull. The hunger he has for the contest is second to none, and he's everything you want in a tough footballer.

The defence is a juggernaut. Many sides have struggled to score against us this year, which bodes well for our prospects later in the year.

Phillips looked better playing in his natural position, and so did WHE.

JDG should play predominantly as a forward. That shoud be written in stone. He's a gun.

Treloar is elite in both inside 50s and rebound 50s, we underrate him.

Grundy is second in the league for hitouts to advantage at 25% (Goldstein 1st at 28%).
Had some 2018 vibes about it.

Phillips back playing on the wing where he belongs.

JDG and WHE playing well and taking hangers up forward, and the pressure acts were at an elite standard this evening.

We were lucky with some frees.
They were lucky we gifted them 3 or 4 goals.
Again it's not the amount of frees it's where they are paid.
3 gifted goals for the baggers - one was 2 bs holding decisions in a row to help the baggers get to goal scoring range.
When playing the baggers you have to factor in at least 2 gifted goals to them every game.
The most entitled team in the competition bar none.

Had some 2018 vibes about it.

Phillips back playing on the wing where he belongs.

JDG and WHE playing well and taking hangers up forward, and the pressure acts were at an elite standard this evening.

That's exactly what my son and I were talking about. Our forward line looked dangerous again.

It won't be long until Stevo fires, then we launch.

Chris Scott talking us up pre and post game makes me feel uneasy.
What are you saying, that Serena Williams should take over Geelong’s coaching duties?

We were lucky with some frees.
They were lucky we gifted them 3 or 4 goals.

Fair call. Can't believe Maynard's blatant chop wasn't penalised. :)

Overall we killed them in play. Their forward line crumbled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm right, as usual - JDG as a genuine forward.

Treloar was much better than last week, his contested work was excellent. Pendlebury/Adams/Crisp were all very good again, Taylor had some bad moments but generally soiid.

Thought both Maynard and Moore were pure defensive pillars. Excellent outing.

Jamie Elloitt also had an excellent game, better than what pure stats would tell you.

Callum Brown should be dropped, again.

Other than that, go pies. Great win.

We won a tough game in the wet away from home... that’s a big plus and hopefully provides the blueprint for us in wet conditions going forward.

It was probably one of the first times, since the Bulldogs game, maybe the Hawks game, l thought we were in complete control, and never felt like we were going to lose, despite Geelong being close for 85% of the game time.
Everytime Geelong threatened and scored to get close enough, we were able to shut the game down, or we were able to work the footy forward and score.
DeGoey, finally what we wanted to see, a goal kicking threat everytime the ball went forward, had the Cats defence spoooked. I think we need to keep him deep forward, especially with the shortened games, he is just to dangerous up forward, and has the capability of what we saw in the last quarter, to kick multiple goals in a matter of minutes.
Defence surperb again, minus Howe, l thought we would struggle, but the boys have stepped up. We may have all of Moore, Maynard and Crisp in the AA defence this season. Quaynor has been.a excellent addition to the back six. Giving us good drive off half back.
Meanwhile, Treloar is in Brownlow form, the guy has been unstoppable 3 weeks back. Love what he is giving us at the moment...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back