Toast Round 7 = Geelong 35-57 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win.I don’t think it was ever in doubt really,despite getting close a couple of times.The only thing that really kept them in the game was our forward line missing some relatively easy shots.Great to see DeGoey back to his best.But I still think we need another tall on the forward line,whether that’s Cox,Cameron or Reid.We can’t rely on DeGoey kicking five every week.

Jordy, awesome. Elliot in the middle, looking very good. Grundy, elite. Pendles, star. Moore, very good. Crisp, really lifted today. Checkers, did his best to even the aerials forward.

We owned this match for much of the time, deserved the win. Gave them a couple of snags cheaply, but wet weather day too.

Go Pies!
Are ya still in
HK?

Please use Degoey as our full forward for the distant future. Cox is rubbish
You know that’s not how football is played today? We needed a tall forward tonight to compete and have a get out kick down the line. Checkers is not it, Grundy is having to be the long target and the on baller and we saw that no one in our forward line took the ruck. Yes JDG should be deep forward but Cox should be in to be the get out kick. Imagine the WCE defence with checkers as our biggest option.

Just got back from the game and what a game it was. Optus is in magnificent condition and the weather held off thank F?ck. Even though it was low scoring I thought it was still a great contest. A few of my mates were on the cats $ but I said if Cox is a late out (which I was predicting) then get on the Pies for an easy win 💪. Apart from Obi-Wan Degoey and his 5, I Thought Pendles and Crisp were amazing tonight.

I'm so wrapped to just see a game live and can't wait till next week.

Go Pies.

De Goey, Maynard, Moore .... Brilliant
Adams kicking has improved immensely
Treloar's gut running and a lazy 32 possessions
Pendles.... poetry

Elliott looked good in the middle

Stevo, WHE were missing and did not make most of their limited opportunities

IQ and Atu did not get a lot of the ball but didn't waste it when they got it.

Browny needs a rest.. Not getting time in the middle and provides nothing up forward when he cant kick over 30m. Currently constantly getting caught.

Our delivery into F50 is poor. We lack a focal forward and we have too many quarters without a goal.

Our backline again stood tall despite some shaky moments. 3 of Cats 5 goals came from crappy free kicks

Brody dominated... but he needs to remove the short dicky kicks from his game

Solid win.... Go Pies

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I have never said this about a bf post but you are spot on, great post.

You know that’s not how football is played today? We needed a tall forward tonight to compete and have a get out kick down the line. Checkers is not it, Grundy is having to be the long target and the on baller and we saw that no one in our forward line took the ruck. Yes JDG should be deep forward but Cox should be in to be the get out kick. Imagine the WCE defence with checkers as our biggest option.

No we didn't.

But it's a match up thing so yes maybe against the Weagles and other teams he plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As the stats would suggest that was an amazing 4 quarters of pressure from our guys. We seem to be covering Howe far better than expected but something seems amiss with Roughy - that's 2-3 weeks of him being somewhere else.

The major frustration is we work so hard to get scores on the board and then gift the opposition quick ones to keep them in it with shocking decisions/turnovers across back 50 .

Overall though - best we have looked in some time and still could lift a notch or two if we add back Sidey , Sier (at some stage) and Howe (fingers crossed).

I thought that Wills was good in the first half, actually looking coordinated and skillful at times. I didn't see him in the 2nd half. I suspect that I mistook Phillips for Wills on most occasions. We need to upgrade the 43" TV to something much larger. Otherwise I am going to make sight errors like thinking Wills is a star.

Roughead looked shaky but didn't cost us the game. Hawkins was influential but lacked support. Our defence worked tenaciously as a unit' covering up any individual weaknesses by harassing the opposition and not giving Geelong opportunities to score. Maynard is a beast. Moore was a colossus, covering a lot of territory and dominating the air. Crisp played his best game for the season.

De Goey was the only effective forward. Mihochek was beaten by Taylor. Atu was very quiet.

Treloar has given us some bite in the middle. Adams is a strong contributor with much improved disposal. An in form and fit Sier would be the icing of on the cake.

Last edited:
As the stats would suggest that was an amazing 4 quarters of pressure from our guys. We seem to be covering Howe far better than expected but something seems amiss with Roughy - that's 2-3 weeks of him being somewhere else.

The major frustration is we work so hard to get scores on the board and then gift the opposition quick ones to keep them in it with shocking decisions/turnovers across back 50 .

Overall though - best we have looked in some time and still could lift a notch or two if we add back Sidey , Sier (at some stage) and Howe (fingers crossed).
Don't forget Langdon and Greenwood. I feel like Reid is our best tall fwd option do you risk him in a final though tough call

Remove this Banner Ad

Back