Autopsy Round 7 - Geelong Cats vs GWS Giants, 7.50 pm Friday 4 May 2018 @ GMHBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Great
8b96b754e0d879ed204c3406ca39d12d.gif

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I have the same bottle, unf it's nearly empty

I have to admit, Cameron isn’t really proving that he’s the man for the job.... a draw against st kilda, getting home against the lions but very unconvincingly and then tonight...

I get the injuries - it’s a huge chunk of our game winning players out, but the gap between our injured players and the replacements is extremely concerning .... yes they are kids so cut them some slack but it just feels that we really lack heart/want to prove ourselves....

It isn’t a coincidence their blokes run to the right spots and block the right spots. The know their opposition and are coached to nullify and are coached with strategy. We have absolutely no system and are just random batches of raw talent.
That bit I do agree with to some extent. It seemed often when we got a clearance we'd fumble it, allowing a Cats player to then close and tackle or spoil, but when they got the clearance they had a saloon passage out of the contest. It's not as clearcut as 'it always happens', but enough for concern.

Wasn’t Leon tonight. That was entirely on the players.

Terrible decision making, terrible execution. Cogs went at 32% disposal efficiency FFS. That’s not the coach. That’s just a pi$$ poor game from someone who we know is better than that.

The number of kicks directly to the opposition is not the coach. Bombing it long to an outnumber is not the coach. Fumbling and bumbling and leaving the ball behind is not the coach.

The way they played (in the bits I watched) was just pathetic - and that’s the players themselves.

Just a joke, settle down.
I'll take that at face value then but you do know what that book is about, right?

It's not far off calling someone a Hitler apologist, it's just that for some reason Stalin doesn't get as bad press.

I have to admit, Cameron isn’t really proving that he’s the man for the job.... a draw against st kilda, getting home against the lions but very unconvincingly and then tonight...

I get the injuries - it’s a huge chunk of our game winning players out, but the gap between our injured players and the replacements is extremely concerning .... yes they are kids so cut them some slack but it just feels that we really lack heart/want to prove ourselves....
My concern is it’s not just the young guys making the mistakes. It’s all of them.

Can you blame a coach for the players not being able to pick up a ball?
Guys... Seriously we have 9 out of our best 10 out. I love snookers and have had many a beer with him. But with a full squad we would not be having this discussion

We are injury cursed and that is 100% the reason. This is not Leon's fault

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Guys... Seriously we have 9 out of our best 10 out. I love snookers and have had many a beer with him. But with a full squad we would not be having this discussion

We are injury cursed and that is 100% the reason. This is not Leon's fault

We wouldnt?

We have struggled since round 1.

We play other clubs depth instead of our own youth.

It wasnt just our replacement players tonight it was all of them.

That bit I do agree with to some extent. It seemed often when we got a clearance we'd fumble it, allowing a Cats player to then close and tackle or spoil, but when they got the clearance they had a saloon passage out of the contest. It's not as clearcut as 'it always happens', but enough for concern.
Seems we couldn’t lay a tackle and hold it either.

Hello you !!!! :) Sime, the injuries really are a massive difference. You take Cameron, Scully, Kelly, Lobb, Williams, Greene out of any side and the struggle.

But yes tonight sucked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We wouldnt?

We have struggled since round 1.

We play other clubs depth instead of our own youth.

It wasnt just our replacement players tonight it was all of them.

You love cabbage

I have no answers :( gutted. Please don't lose to WC please

Hello you !!!! :) Sime, the injuries really are a massive difference. You take Cameron, Scully, Kelly, Lobb, Williams, Greene out of any side and the struggle.

But yes tonight sucked

My issue is moreso when we have a big injury toll, that we just don’t put up any fight - I was expecting a loss, Geelong at the Cattery is one of the toughest trips, but when we look to our leader (Leon) to get the lads up for this and put a performance in for the fans.... it’s just not up to scratch IMO.

Funny, I was looking at the run up to the BYE thinking we’d win most of the games, even a weakened Crows side, but now, gee, who knows?

So what changes can we expect for next week?

Apparently Jezza comes back and possibly Lobb.

From NEAFL one can only look to guys like Mohr, Cumming, Bonar, Sproule.

Buntine and Daniels need more footy, Taylor not ready yet.

On face value Jezza, Lobb, Bonar in for Shipley, Keeffe and Buckley.

Well and truly over Sam Reid even though I know he’s just a fill in. He just adds nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back