Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Goldcoast-vs-WCE.png

Big trip out west this week.

Time to salvage some pride or just try and hope to survive?

Discuss below.

Last edited:

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
West Coast been pretty down.
Hoping we can keep them down rather than running them into form.

Tom Hickey rematch

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I don’t think we’re hard enough at the contest like port and Geelong have been to win.. the pressure on the ball carrier and contest and then the follow up from geelong today was solid

I don’t think we’re hard enough at the contest like port and Geelong have been to win.. the pressure on the ball carrier and contest and then the follow up from geelong today was solid
Yeah. Its gonna be tough, that's for sure. Just got to make sure they compete til the very end.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I think we are great at the contest, where we fall is any sort of skill execution. Our kicking is atrocious, Joyce couldn't hit any sort of target by foot against Brisbane, and had no awareness. GHS missed a 4m handball by 2m. Need the likes of Weller and Powell back in who can hit a target and have good skills. Being able to hit a 20m kick to a target on the lead should be bread and butter.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think we are great at the contest, where we fall is any sort of skill execution. Our kicking is atrocious, Joyce couldn't hit any sort of target by foot against Brisbane, and had no awareness. GHS missed a 4m handball by 2m. Need the likes of Weller and Powell back in who can hit a target and have good skills. Being able to hit a 20m kick to a target on the lead should be bread and butter.

Sorry mate I meant against west coast they’re big bodied men! Hopefully the rain that’s forecast for Saturday in Perth comes through

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
Joyce had better disposal efficiency than half the team. (literally)

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
I wouldn't take Luko out for the trip west. Even if he's coming to grips with AFL seed and tempo, rest him for this week. Similar to what the Cats have done with their draftees. As it is he has played all practice and JLT games along with the first six rounds. Bring him back maybe for Dees afterwards?

I would bring in Young for Luko. Maybe brings us some more pressure up forward and given it could be wet this week, not having three talls will suit.

I'd also like to bring in Miles and Powell. I would drop GHS and Murdoch.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I replace Joyce with lukosius. Let him learn a bit on defence and distribute the ball from HB or quarter back like Hodge and Caleb Daniel .

Full. forward - Sam Day ( replace Joyce)
Second forward -peter Wright
Third tall - Corbett .
Miles For Holman
Powell for GHS .

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I replace Joyce with lukosius. Let him learn a bit on defence and distribute the ball from HB or quarter back like Hodge and Caleb Daniel .
Lukosius hasn't got the full toolset at this stage for AFL
One thing he can learn at NEAFL level is how to protect your body and tackle and avoid the big bodies
When he gets in the clear he's ok but the 3 times I've seen him live he appears to be avoiding contact- at this stage
It's interesting when you compare him to Rozee who seems to have a real hunger to be where the ball and the action is
Ben King is committing to the contest from what I've seen in NEAFL
Hitting packs running angles across traffic.
Seems more confident than Luko just at the moment

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Lukosius hasn't got the full toolset at this stage for AFL
One thing he can learn at NEAFL level is how to protect your body and tackle and avoid the big bodies
When he gets in the clear he's ok but the 3 times I've seen him live he appears to be avoiding contact- at this stage
It's interesting when you compare him to Rozee who seems to have a real hunger to be where the ball and the action is
Ben King is committing to the contest from what I've seen in NEAFL
Hitting packs running angles across traffic.
Seems more confident than Luko just at the moment
That is the reason I put him at HB , he need to learn from Darling and Kennedy what is required in AFL as a forward . You can't avoid contact as a HB .Wright body works are just as bad easily get push off.

Old Sol

Senior List
Oct 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'd rotate Miles through the backline and midfield. Even rotate some of the mids and Martin down there.
Fair enough. We have seen Bowes, Fiorini, Miller and Martin placed behind play before - all could play Joyce's role on a good day. Although fwiw I think with our midfield inexperience taking Miller out of our centre clearances is a poor decision.

Ainsworth would struggle down back, Brodie has to stay in the middle. I haven't seen enough of Miles to make that call.

Back