Review Round 7 - Gold Coast @ West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be funny if I didn't want these boys to make it so badly. So many players slipping over, not committing to a presuure act or unable to stick a tackle. Eagles aren't under any pressure at all and what little ball movement we have seen in our forward half has been undermined by terrible kicking every single time. Harbrow, Macpherson, Joyce, Miles and Corbett are the only players not pretending out there.
McPherson and Miles both going at 50% cant win games like that... though in miles defense hes playing that pure inside role where the pressure is pretty high

Don’t think we’re too bad actually - just getting schooled by a much better and more experienced team.

Much like Brisbane last year, some good games, some absolute thrashings.

Some good passages of play, enjoy what you can lads and let the rest roll on.

McPherson and Miles both going at 50% cant win games like that...
Because I was clearly saying that they're all in brilliant form and I'm shocked that we not in this right? Im talking about heart and endeavour. The whole team is rubbish, but if there rest we're at least giving as much as the blokes I mentioned I'd be a little prouder.

Don’t think we’re too bad actually - just getting schooled by a much better and more experienced team.

I agree with 99% of this

I'd start there. Whatever the knocks on Brodie, he can get the ball. Work with that.

Horlin-Smith is a ghost.
He is the scapegoat , I don't know why you still pushing him into the first team . I rather see him somewhere else . Is not about getting the ball Brodie need to improve his kicking , if not he will eventually became GHS too good for reserve league but not good enough in AFL .

When you're a struggling team, going to Perth always is difficult and has the added issue of WCE's free kick imbalance.
You wonder how the AFL can address that
I wish we got that love at Metricon but as I've said on many occasions, umpires use our "neutral feeling" home matches to balance their away ledgers

Agree with this
My young bloke is super excited about us winning that quarter
Little victories on the back of great effort
Nice

That was better from a few of the lads that did not get a mention earlier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just really important to bring the same effort in the last quarter
We've seen this pattern of decent 1st, blown away 2nd, fightback 3rd and blowout 4th so often in our short history
A strong 4th quarter here would show we are making progress as a team
Not hopeful but would make the trip home better for the lads

Can't believe some comments here. Not sure what people expect. We are in rebuild. Eagles are premiers, 2 years older, 10 players 150+ games, us 1, Eagles backs against wall after 2 miserable games. And we took it to them in 3rd quarter. Effort, contest is there. We will lose most games but if they play like 3rd qtr I am happy. Some people need a reality check.

Martin needs a spell in the NEAFL
Sort out his decision making.
Pick one option don’t attempt 3 options at once which ends up in turn overs
Just because we may be watching a different match?

Jack Martin has been used in a more central midfield role tonight and leads all Suns for contested possessions (11), tackles (eight) and disposals (24). Martin has attended an equal team-high ten centre bounces winning three clearances from these contests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back