Review Round 7 - Gold Coast @ West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Fiorini copped a heavy tag from Hutchings. Great experience for him to deal with that.
How embarrassing for Hutchings, having to tag a guy in his fourth year that's barely played 50 games. Can he just not play without tagging anyone?

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
i'd put less emphasis on hutchings and more credit to fiorini for deserving the tag in the first place.
He still got 20 possessions and never gave up, unlike Aaron Hall getting tagged by a 15 year old in his 2nd game last year and throwing the towel in. Agreed, for teams to target him after only 32 games is a credit to him.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Hahhahaha , yup I am , every single week people want changes in line up for the sake of it , why not play along. GHS got to come in because he is experienced and bigger body , another week GHS is slow and done nothing replace him with somebody else .Young 10 disposal two tackle and a behind and you keep saying he is a scoring machine .

Haha.
Righto.
You were the one that said young would kick 2-3 goals first quarter and then one in the second.

I put up his stats from last year. About one goal a game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I can live with some honorable losses after the last couple of years

Oh for sure.
Definite signs of progress.
Once rankine is hunting the packs and lukosius has another few years and kgs under his belt scoring will come easier!
Learning a good defensive basis is critical - we’re not that easy to score against.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Haha.
Righto.
You were the one that said young would kick 2-3 goals first quarter and then one in the second.

I put up his stats from last year. About one goal a game.

You mentioned he is a scoring machine and score four goal against Sydney and I said he is those type that can score two -4 goal and then end up doing nothing .You don't mention a player scoring 4 goal and then twisted you own word into scoring 1 goal /AVG .

Last edited:

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Just looking at the stats
Positives
- centre clearances 10-5
- inside 50s almost even
- Corbett 4 contested marks, Wright 2.
- 4 goals from the midfielders - need more of this.
- Wright, third consecutive game with multiple goals.

Negatives
- tackle count 56-87, got smashed. 7 players with 1 or less tackles. Alex sexton with 0 tackles again. Not good enough for a small / mid sized forward.
- GHS bad game by the looks.

TheSecondComing

Senior List
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Love Corbett and it's not just because of his marking. His workrate to get so high up the ground and his defensive transition stuff is really good for a player of his type. Runs extremely hard in defence and to put pressure on. Love it.

Have we got a better set shot in the team than Powell? When he's 30 out I have no doubt it's going in.
It’s no wonder our big forwards can’t kick goals or keep the ball inside our forward 50.
I think it’s because they are being ask to do to much unnecessary running and defending higher up the ground.
Then when we win the ball we have no one to kick it to in our forward 50 or if we do they are so exhausted they can’t compeat.

I few people wanted Burgees dropped after 5 games because they didn’t think he could cover the ground well enough but in reality he was in the top 5 for Total ground covered in 4 out of the 5 games he played.

No wonder Corbett and 2MP missed some easy goals last night.
They were exhausted from the unnecessary running they are asked to do
FF165A77-C104-4AD0-BC8F-CDEBC5834B20.jpeg

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It’s no wonder our big forwards can’t kick goals or keep the ball inside our forward 50.
I think it’s because they are being ask to do to much unnecessary running and defending higher up the ground.
Then when we win the ball we have no one to kick it to in our forward 50 or if we do they are so exhausted they can’t compeat.

I few people wanted Burgees dropped after 5 games because they didn’t think he could cover the ground well enough but in reality he was in the top 5 for Total ground covered in 4 out of the 5 games he played.

View attachment 667803

Nick Riewoldt made a career from outrunning his defenders
It's plan A for most power forwards these days

TheSecondComing

Senior List
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Nick Riewoldt made a career from outrunning his defenders
It's plan A for most power forwards these days
It’s ok for one forward to do that but not the entire forward line.
How many time have we been court out and had no one to kick it to inside our forward 50

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Whose working with 2MP with his forward craft.

His hands are like 2 blocks of concrete.
So hard the ball just goes whack and the opponents run off into the distance.

Then when he on a nice little lead he attempts chest marks and again ball bounces off his chest.

Wright could take 10 contested marks a game if he didn’t drop them all

Would atleast double his scoring output too.

Does all the hard work then makes a mess of the supposed easier skill.

If wright had Corbett’s or burgess marking ability.
Would kick 6goals a game!

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

View attachment 667803

2mp missed a lot of easy marks too

I think he’s not coping with being second ruck and key forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
What people think of holmans game?
I saw he was mentioned as no impact on game.

14 touches at 86% only 1 turnover.
1 goal
2 goal assists
5 score involvements
5 tackles,3 inside 50.

Seems like a decent small / mid forward game.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Holman still on rookie list too. He deserved two year contract extension . The worse case scenario provide leadership to NEAFL team .

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
What people think of holmans game?
I saw he was mentioned as no impact on game.

14 touches at 86% only 1 turnover.
1 goal
2 goal assists
5 score involvements
5 tackles,3 inside 50.

Seems like a decent small / mid forward game.

I said he was one who had done sweet fa up to half time - only had 5 touches to half time so lifted with the team in the 2nd half.

To half time GHS had 1 touch, Sexton 3, Young 5

Nothing irks me much more is when the ball is being run out of our backline and 2MP puts in his effort to chase out of the backline. I understand acceleration is not his strong suit but he isn't catching anyone unless they leave the ball behind.

On CPH1725 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
For the record I saw this as our second mini GF for the year in terms of the top 8 dream.
A miracle win and we continue to dream.
Unfortunately there is a rule in Perth which is Boooooo = Free Kick. The big issue though is what we aren’t given.
The 2nd quarter was disappointing no doubt but with a fair rub of the green it could have been our most famous ever win.
We now focus on other things in 2019 as our goals.
When our players believe and take the game on we are really good.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
For the record I saw this as our second mini GF for the year in terms of the top 8 dream.
A miracle win and we continue to dream.
Unfortunately there is a rule in Perth which is Boooooo = Free Kick. The big issue though is what we aren’t given.
The 2nd quarter was disappointing no doubt but with a fair rub of the green it could have been our most famous ever win.
We now focus on other things in 2019 as our goals.
When our players believe and take the game on we are really good.
Unfortunately Bods it’s been happening over there since cocky was an egg.
Eagles have won the free kick count 64 out of their last 76 games at home.
Kennedy studs up, no free.
Yeo slings Holman to the ground twice- no free.
The free kick against Ballard in front of goal was comical. The list goes on but it’s now accepted they receive an armchair ride on the back of their constant booing. Ex AFL umpire advisor raised it one year but this fell on deaf ears at AFL HQ unfortunately.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Unfortunately Bods it’s been happening over there since cocky was an egg.
Eagles have won the free kick count 64 out of their last 76 games at home.
Kennedy studs up, no free.
Yeo slings Holman to the ground twice- no free.
The free kick against Ballard in front of goal was comical. The list goes on but it’s now accepted they receive an armchair ride on the back of their constant booing. Ex AFL umpire advisor raised it one year but this fell on deaf ears at AFL HQ unfortunately.
We all move on, pack up, get out of Dodge City happy not to be tarred and feathered and give a knowing wink to the next team coming through arrivals at Perth
They win 2 or 3 matches a year at home on the back of that free differental whether the AFL admits it publicly or not
And still the WCE BigFooty nuffies moan about the umpiring

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just watched the second half after missing it on the weekend. Was expecting a 100 point loss. Will be great when we consistently start to play like that for four quarters.
Loved it when Hurn got the shits and retaliated after DMac tackled him over the boundary line. Benny and Touk just charged in to back up their mate. That comradeship will keep us in good stead in the future when we start to mature and play better as team.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
How embarrassing for Hutchings, having to tag a guy in his fourth year that's barely played 50 games. Can he just not play without tagging anyone?
Fiorini only played 35 games I think.
Impressive player already.

Back