Game Day Round 7 Matchday Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2007
FNQ
AFL Club
Richmond
He’s injured. Didn’t even jump off the ground at ruck contests. Just stayed down.

Certainly looked out of sorts, Jackson had way more time in ruck than usual. He did cop a solid forearm to the scone in the 1Q, but I also wonder if he got Nanked last week and was just a bit sore in general?

Seemed to be running reasonably OK, ran and jumped for some marking contests in the forward line.

I really didn't know what to make of that performance.

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
2090 all out.

For a hideous round of scoring I actually haven’t landed too badly & somehow’s pushed up another 3,500 into 7650 which I’m happy with. Taking Manbun’s VC the main factor no doubt.

Need to get some cash gen happening pretty soon though.....way too many dead rooks on the pine.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nightmare round for me, scored 1901 dropped from 868 > 2101. Got distracted by family stuff and missed taking the C off Gawn yesterday and missed banking Grundy's 144 VC score. Started FMacrae on-field over McCreery at the last minute. 100 points gone begging and unnecessary 1k drop just from those 2 f'ups. Did manage to raise my bank balance to 350k through so will at least be able to make 2 upgrades this week.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
Nightmare round for me, scored 1901 dropped from 868 > 2101. Got distracted by family stuff and missed taking the C off Gawn yesterday and missed banking Grundy's 144 VC score. Started FMacrae on-field over McCreery at the last minute. 100 points gone begging and unnecessary 1k drop just from those 2 f'ups. Did manage to raise my bank balance to 350k through so will at least be able to make 2 upgrades this week.

You'll bounce back mate.

s**t luck right there.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
You'll bounce back mate.

sh*t luck right there.

All good. It's not my first or last s**t round mate. GnR can be very up and down once the Rd1 rookies start to tire as you'd know. Got to get them off the field asap. Cash gen also a huge problem with the benchies for the second year in a row, but everyone's in the same boat with that.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
All good. It's not my first or last sh*t round mate. GnR can be very up and down once the Rd1 rookies start to tire as you'd know. Got to get them off the field asap. Cash gen also a huge problem with the benchies for the second year in a row, but everyone's in the same boat with that.

Chapman killed us this week.

Plus having to play Rowe over Dusty. 😭

I have 7 rookies on ground atm but Chappy is the worst then Warner, Scott and SP Bergman at F4-F6.

Powell and Jordan the studs at M7 and M8 aren't going anywhere anytime soon. 😎👍

I just can't seem to upgrade my D5 and D6 quick enough. I now have to go Chappy > Fredrick so now Kosi at D5 and Fredrick at D6.

Plan is to upgrade Kosi > May!\Ridley next week, just have to get the funds together. $180k in the kitty now.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Chapman killed us this week.

Plus having to play Rowe over Dusty. 😭

I have 7 rookies on ground atm but Chappy is the worst then Warner, Scott and SP Bergman at F4-F6.

Powell and Jordan the studs at M7 and M8 aren't going anywhere anytime soon. 😎👍

I just can't seem to upgrade my D5 and D6 quick enough. I now have to go Chappy > Fredrick so now Kosi at D5 and Fredrick at D6.

Plan is to upgrade Kosi > May!\Ridley next week, just have to get the funds together. $180k in the kitty now.

It's going to get even harder to get funds together after next round since our remaining benchies have f'all $ value. Might end up having to cash in Flynn a week or two before he's ready to cull.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
It's going to get even harder to get funds together after next round since our remaining benchies have f'all $ value. Might end up having to cash in Flynn a week or two before he's ready to cull.

I'm going to trade Rowe > Dawkins via F.Macrae next week to make some cash and then use my other trade to go Kosi > May\Ridley.

I might have to downgrade Flynn > Comben and then use the cash to upgrade Warner > Marshall but I'd like at least one more price rise from Flynn first.

2140 saw me move up 1.3k rankings to 1692nd overall.

None of my players died, I've got 240k in the bank and upgrade season has begun.

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
222DDDB8-097B-491E-A09E-D356F0F0C239.jpeg
FE802B21-82A3-4B0D-90A1-B30BDEF81B75.gif

Dec 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Been playing for a decade but since they have changed the team announcements until the day before, including Saturday, I have completely lost interest this year.

Thursday was the day, tidied up the team at 6 on Friday, then lockdown.

Has anyone else felt the same this year? Just have no interest in spending three plus days updating/checking.

Juzzomac

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I don't actually support North Melb
Super unpopular opinion.

I can understand that for the super busy people that this can be frustrating.

But at the same time, I kinda don't think it's a game breaking deal?

We always had to check twice anyway right? Friday/Saturday on Thursday, Sunday on Friday due to the extended bench.

Now the only time you need to really check is Friday/Saturday. In terms of the time commitment, I don't think it's really changed that much. A few minutes here and there assessing which players are unlikely to play and need to be traded out to Sunday options before they get locked sure, but anyone invested enough in the sport to play a fantasy version of it probably has this knowledge already, or can read 1 or 2 team articles through the week.

Unlike other sports AFL fantasy games are also extremely forgiving with rolling lock outs, allowing you to make changes to your team at any time.

It was certainly better before, no arguments there. But I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. Personally I even prefer it this way to the avalanche of 'late outs' we'd get after a team had done their final training sessions assessments AFTER teams were named and realised players weren't going to be fit.

I accept the boos and angry reacts in advance.

Been playing for a decade but since they have changed the team announcements until the day before, including Saturday, I have completely lost interest this year.

Thursday was the day, tidied up the team at 6 on Friday, then lockdown.

Has anyone else felt the same this year? Just have no interest in spending three plus days updating/checking.
Yeah it sucks balls. Ruins trade plans, brings up loophole or donut concerns, also have to spend more time looking for team news. I'm lucky that I work in front of a computer and I don't have kids, so I have that extra time, but I've still missed a heap of Saturday night team announcements being out at dinners/events. I've traded early a few times, thankfully it hasn't screwed me over yet.

5-5:30pm on a Friday night, finishing up work for the week, often with a beer in hand, I would see the final team announcements and finalise my team/trades. The good ol days...

Mar 20, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dolphins, Bulls, Red Sox, Arsenal
How good is his site? So accurate, absolute marvel.
Really did finish 2nd on the round 😱
Second time finishing second, always the bridesmaid... 😂
Absolutely rapt (but a fair bit is random variance - landing in the top 10-100 over the season is orders of magnitude tougher tbh- have essentially won lotto twice. Rare, but it happens.)
View attachment 1117432
1620004790282.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back