Game Day Round 7 Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt look at my team all round until this morning. 1987 which i consider as a win given i played Chapman over Butts and had to field Macrae for Dusty. I have about 400k in the bank which i think ill use to get May and then next round Ridley to complete my backline. Sitting around about 10,750 overall

Yeah its pretty obnoxious. Even with the medical subs has made stuff more complicated. e.g I had to field Rowe cause I didn't want Waterman as a sub (RIP Scott score).

But generally if you follow some SC communities whether is BF + Discord + FB you are generally aware on whats happening.

It kinda sucks I have to keep checking team sheets every hour so I don't * things up.

Edit: I mostly follow Bigfooty forums, follow a few FB pages and Discord to keep me generally updated. I prefer BF cause there is some hilarious shitposting that goes around here.

Last edited:
Been playing for a decade but since they have changed the team announcements until the day before, including Saturday, I have completely lost interest this year.

Thursday was the day, tidied up the team at 6 on Friday, then lockdown.

Has anyone else felt the same this year? Just have no interest in spending three plus days updating/checking.

Yeah it sucks but you want the AFL to bend to the needs of fantasy sports?

Fantasy is meant to be based on real life performance so needs to be as ‘real’ as possible

You can’t accommodate people without time without disadvantaging those willing to spend more time

SC doesn’t give a fu*k about us. Entry numbers have been declining for a while. Just a way to recruit paying reader, which must also be fully max by now.

I think they're gonna change it back.
I think so too.. even if it is naming full squads Thursday night and still naming full teams @ 6.20 the night before, thats better than the current system, as we have some understanding of who is coming in and isnt.. the current state of play and medical sub is really difficult

Most annoying thing for me has been the concussion rule. Its a great rule, but man copping a s**t score from being concussed and then also missing the next week is ******* brutal from a SC perspective. I feel like we need more trades or a bigger bench tbh

Nightmare round for me, scored 1901
IMG]

Most annoying thing for me has been the concussion rule. Its a great rule, but man copping a sh*t score from being concussed and then also missing the next week is ******* brutal from a SC perspective. I feel like we need more trades or a bigger bench tbh
There should be a concussion trade whereby you get to bring in someone equal to or less than the value of the player you're missing that week and then the system automatically reverses that trade the following week if that player comes back in. There would be issues with the player not returning immediately etc but certainly a good starting point

Most annoying thing for me has been the concussion rule. Its a great rule, but man copping a sh*t score from being concussed and then also missing the next week is ******* brutal from a SC perspective. I feel like we need more trades or a bigger bench tbh

Have 23rd man rule. We pick 1 player in your team into that slot (any position).

If the player gets concussed (only if deem concussed by the doctors) you get the option to take the concuss players score or use the 23rd man points or something like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats on the score gutsroy
Just wondering if you know how they broke the tie as you and the 1st placed for the round scored the same. Captains score or something?

I've heard it's decided by chol size.

'

I think so too.. even if it is naming full squads Thursday night and still naming full teams @ 6.20 the night before, thats better than the current system, as we have some understanding of who is coming in and isnt.. the current state of play and medical sub is really difficult
Gil said on 3aw that's something they'll look at. Surely it's not a hard fix. Sides know their teams by Tuesday. They don't pick them late in week

Gil said on 3aw that's something they'll look at. Surely it's not a hard fix. Sides know their teams by Tuesday. They don't pick them late in week
I understand not everybody is a punter, but the game would receive a shitload of coin from the different gambling agencies. I bet they have had their say, along with the punters.

I understand not everybody is a punter, but the game would receive a shitload of coin from the different gambling agencies. I bet they have had their say, along with the punters.
The AFL is more likely to buckle to the betting agencies pressure, rather than the rank & file club supporter

I’m sure the current 24 hr notice of teams is impacting betting revenues .... this ultimately impacts the AFL coffers thru the commercial arrangements with the betting agencies

I think it's pretty simple "GIVES MORE TRADES" 2 per round like AFL Fantasy
Fantasy is too easy with two trades .... evidenced by the fact 2 weeks ago o was ranked 33rd overall .... now that’s an indictment

The limited trades is what differentiates SC , and provides a level of skill and decision making i love

Congrats on the score gutsroy
Just wondering if you know how they broke the tie as you and the 1st placed for the round scored the same. Captains score or something?
G'day mate, just had a quick look and the winner had me covered by 10 pts in the end.
I think the way they'd do it if there were a tie would be:
(1) Highest avg on the year of the two
(2) Highest overall score of the two
(3) Time point of registration

Interesting one, crazy the scenarios they have to make sure they have covered 👍
Screenshot_20210503-064134.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back