Oppo Camp Round 7 Non-Pies Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
we had our chance last year mate. West Coast with Gaff and Nic Nat out and on the MCG should not have beaten us. Unfortunately some of our guns saved there worst game of the year for the GF
Gaff, Nic Nat and Shepard, or Jamie Elliott, Daniel Wells and practically our entire backline? I know which I’d rather have...

And with Adelaide doing the right thing and beating Freo, Richmond are now back where they belong, in their natural habitat:
F4F6CF53-CFDC-4B68-9477-D3357E50590C.png

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
Unfortunately some of our guns saved there worst game of the year for the GF
And when you have a bunch of kids at the other end of the scale you rely on those experienced players even more.

Sep 19, 2011
Zeta Reticuli
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory
How funny is it hearing Hardwick complain about injuries and wanting some luck on that front? Amazing what a charmed run of few injuries across 2 seasons can do for a team - oh, that’s right, a bunch bog average low skilled chaos ball plodders get a premiership. #tigershaveinjuries
How quickly they forget

Was thinking the same thing, also thought you never heard Bucks complain or blame injuries last year. Pure class

Depth is a magical thing

Geelong next

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
Anything other than a 8 goal first q by us next week will be UNACCEPTABLE.

We can’t win a game by 8 goals.

We beat Carlton by 24 and 20 points last year.

I hope we can turn the corner and put a foot on the throat of a side but hasn’t happened for a while.

Not sure if Brisbane counts. We still let them have 21 scoring shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
Considering their best standard is putrid, we’ll cope just fine.

We just beat them twice last year and lost to them in the only match in 2017 and also lost to them in 2016.

Pretty shitty considering this must be Carlton’s worst 10-20 year period in 150 years.

I am hoping we are more than just fine and we smash them by 100+.

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
This theory might ring true for good teams who have an outlier loss, but it definitely doesn't for teams that have won 4 out of their last 60 games.

Carlton have won 8 out of the last 51 games including today.

One of those wins was against Collingwood.

Whilst I expect a win, I do not expect a lacklustre performance from Carlton.

We cannot keep kicking 91.87 (51%) accuracy for goal and expect to continue to get wins.

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
I said they would go through undefeated. Then GWS beat them..still they won’t lose another game, just like Sydney won’t win another game this year.

The games against us and GWS could have gone either way. Lucky at least one of them went against Geelong.

They still could lose to Port, Brisbane, Hawthorn and Richmond. Crazy that as a top 8 side they play only Hawthorn and Sydney twice. Actually it’s insanely rich.

Was thinking the same thing, also thought you never heard Bucks complain or blame injuries last year. Pure class

Depth is a magical thing

Geelong next

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very true, and what’s even better is that Richmond traded out some of their depth to fit in Lynch. You didn’t need to be a football genius in order to see how risky that could be and to predict how that was going to turn out.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
The games against us and GWS could have gone either way. Lucky at least one of them went against Geelong.

They still could lose to Port, Brisbane, Hawthorn and Richmond. Crazy that as a top 8 side they play only Hawthorn and Sydney twice. Actually it’s insanely rich.

That's always been how the fixture has worked though - they were a middle six side last year hence they get a fixture this year that reflects that.

We shouldn't be complaining given our fixture last year was 100% reflective of us being a bottom six side in 2017.

That scoreline was reminiscent of a game from the 1900's. Must have been a boring game to watch.
Actually it wasn’t, a hard no frills game right to the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back