Game Day Round 7: Port Adelaide v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, not sure we would miss him now with Marshall Ladhams Lycett.
3 possesions today, 5 possesions a couple of weeks ago not enough to keep his spot.
Ladhams however has stats like a midfielder not just today but in the SANFL last year was unbelievable.

Have to disagree here. Yes he's clearly struggling to find the ball and impact the game right now - but none of the players on that list (or in the AFL) has the versatility of the Hoff.

I feel a lot of his issues over the past few weeks is a change in role.

He also was instrumental in keeping Weitering occupied to allow Charlie to run a muck. This might have been his assignment.

Bout time we did it again.

Between the Motlop miss after the siren, the Westhoff miss after the siren, the Shuey goal after the siren and the McGovern goal after the siren, we were well overdue getting on the right end of one of these for once.

Have to disagree here. Yes he's clearly struggling to find the ball and impact the game right now - but none of the players on that list (or in the AFL) has the versatility of the Hoff.

He also was instrumental in keeping Weitering occupied to allow Charlie to run a muck. This might have been his assignment.
It seemed to take him nearly three quarters to realise that he needed to take Weitering away from Dixon, rather than to drag him into the contest by running towards Dixon. Weitering seemed to make a lot of interceptions in the 2nd & 3rd quarters. I always thought of Hoff as a smart footballer, but his positioning in the past couple of weeks points in the other direction.

There is always some Muppet that sticks up for Westhoff by saying he was a decoy.
First you say he is so wonderfully versatile next sentence he is struggling with a role change.
He just isn't a good footballer.

There is always some Muppet that sticks up for Westhoff by saying he was a decoy.
First you say he is so wonderfully versatile next sentence he is struggling with a role change.

Westhoff is a fantastic footballer, always has been, one of the greats of our AFL era tbh. Clearly facing his football mortality though. Even the Victorians acknowledge him as one of the most versatile players in the game for a span of over a decade.

Westhoff is a fantastic footballer, always has been, one of the greats of our AFL era tbh. Clearly facing his football mortality though. Even the Victorians acknowledge him as one of the most versatile players in the game for a span of over a decade.
This is my issue. Obviously not a Hoff fan and never had been. I just don't get the love.
As one of the most experienced and versatile players in the team you should be able to quickly name off a number of games when he stood up when things were going bad. When he dominated and turned things around.
I can think of maybe 2 or 3.
I can think of multiple when he didn't touch the ball or missed the crucial goal.

HA! Westhoff is one of our best players in the AFL era. The guy has been incredible for us - and you don't play the number of games he has without being a "good foorballer"

Clearly an agenda or lack of understanding here so not going to bother saying much more than this.

It seemed to take him nearly three quarters to realise that he needed to take Weitering away from Dixon, rather than to drag him into the contest by running towards Dixon. Weitering seemed to make a lot of interceptions in the 2nd & 3rd quarters. I always thought of Hoff as a smart footballer, but his positioning in the past couple of weeks points in the other direction.

Agreed - he's usually a pretty smart footballer, but last few weeks have definitely been off. Might need a small break - he's been playing ruck a lot more than usual etc and isn't exactly a spring chicken - so probably feeling it more than most.

Probably a good week to have off as well, coming up against 2x ruckmen vs the Saints - we can go with Ladhams + Lycett if fit.

HA! Westhoff is one of our best players in the AFL era. The guy has been incredible for us - and you don't play the number of games he has without being a "good foorballer"

Clearly an agenda or lack of understanding here so not going to bother saying much more than this.
Should be easy for you to list 5 games where he turned things around. I wait your response

Mate he won our B&F in 2018. That in itself should be enough to end this notion that "he's not a very good footballer". The man has played plenty of excellent games and has generally been quite consistent too.

If you are talking about current form, then sure - he's not having the best of times. But you seem to think he's never been a very good footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate he won our B&F in 2018. That in itself should be enough to end this notion that "he's not a very good footballer". The man has played plenty of excellent games and has generally been quite consistent too.

If you are talking about current form, then sure - he's not having the best of times. But you seem to think he's never been a very good footballer.

Where did we end up in 2018?
Come on 5 games is all I'm asking

Come at me peeps.
Tough games where Hoff stood up! I'm waiting.
I'll start with 3 he went missing. The last 3 against Brisbane
One that sticks out is Round 17 2013. Saved us the game.
justin-westhoff-of-the-power-takes-a-mark-in-the-final-minutes-during-picture-id174093138

Come at me peeps.
Tough games where Hoff stood up! I'm waiting.
I'll start with 3 he went missing. The last 3 against Brisbane
Please respond with other players who have stood up when required over the last 10 years. 5 games each please.

We have been s**t across the board for this type of stuff so why pick on westhoff.

Please respond with other players who have stood up when required over the last 10 years. 5 games each please.

We have been sh*t across the board for this type of stuff so why pick on westhoff.
Cos he has a gold pass and is holding up development of our kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back