Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Expectation is up.

We're being talked up throughout the media everywhere, and performing well despite missing some key players.

Are we going to come crashing down to earth at our bogey ground or are we going to rise to a new level and show we have truly improved.

In 11 hrs, we're going to get those answers. Bring it on!

Collingwood by 26

Marshall to kick 3 and hit some form, Butters to put his hand up for a rising star nod, but Collingwood's midfield to prove too deep for us to curtail.

Last edited:

I'll be going with my dad, who is a pies supporter. Last time we went to see a port/pies game we was the 2013 elimination final.

Time for a repeat performance!
I still can't use the word Pies/Magpies to describe Collingwood, and am happy to make this thread a Magpie free zone...

In a couple of games I've thought we've looked real quality this year, in a few others I've thought we've looked not flash at all. Not sure where we actually are in the scheme of things right at the moment so my thoughts on the outcome are very bipolar at the moment.

If everyone commits to as many contests as possible and we have composure when needed I think we'll do ok, might even grab the win. If we have a number of players that want to hide until it's easier for them, if we zone off and not show any endeavour to impact the contest as often as possible, if we have major fumbles and panic early on I think they'll destroy us.

Need a few to set a standard early and then for the rest to want to be part of that standard and we'll take it right up to them.

Midfield contest - like always - will be vital, especially early on.

Gonna be tough, but if we play like we did against wet toast then anything is possible.

Only thing is we have never beaten this mob at marvel, but not playing them at the MCG may just be a blessing...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That fat red faced bloated campaigner disrespected our club this morning it should be ringing in the ears of everyone.. make it happen tonight Ports.

This game suddenly became about a hell of a lot more that 4 points to lots of people.

I predicted that Collingwood would win a close one a couple of days ago, but now we should have a fire under us.

Port by 138, Marshall to kick 12 and Boak to use his 50th disposal to kick it directly into el presidente's nachos.

Why are we so bad at this venue?
I witnessed our creaming at the hands of the Bulldogs a few years back, and, of course, it's a ground where Essington back-scuttle us on a regular basis using the fast and furious approach.
This is a chance to redeem ourselves emphatically.
Port Adelaide by one point, as testimony to our redemption.

Lycett to be the difference. If he can shut down the impact of Grundy we'll be a massive chance.

If we can stop Collingwood's short kicking game by going man on man we'll be all over them.

i hope the coaching panel took notes from the ANZAC Day game.

I’m thinking a similar story to most games. We’ll dominate for large patches but fail to hit the scoreboard. Moments of brilliance at the other end keeps them in front all night and we lost by 7 goals after a final quarter fade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back