Game Day Round 7 - Port Adelaide V Collingwood - Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s give credit to the players who showed something tonight:

1. Houston - Mr Reliable lifted big time after quarter time
2. Burton - thought he was resilient, tough and classy; showed a couple of his fellow defenders up big time
3. SPP - effort, effort, effort
4. Boak - ok, fumbled from the outset, but on a night when many players were genuinely SOFT and TIMID in their effort and workrate, Boak worked his butt off. Thanks skipper
5. Rozee - the best of the kids by a mile now. Did a lot right
6. Duursma - had some shockers, but could not be accused of taking short steps (like Amon). Worked tirelessly. Proud of him.

Go **** yourself campaigner. I’m as critical as any so who the **** are you to tell me I give this club a free pass. ******.

Name: Killer Power

I retract all my comments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could obviously drop 16 players tonight. I agree we must have overwhelmed the playing group for Blake 250 because they sank faster than the titanic. This team hasn’t been that bad all year. Schofield second whipping this year Richmond and now Collingwood.

Please step up against the Crows.

Both Ricks should be on notice, especially Ryder, Sam Gray again doesn’t deliver under pressure. Amon same, Lienert only good as 4th back up. Bonner and Burton listless.

I wish we had the courage to play Frampton, we needed that tall leading strong forward who likes to punch people.

Weirdly not as angry as last week.

Perversely entertaining game.

Did everything we could to get back into the game and then screwed the pooch.

Good or bad game win or loss we have so many players with bad skills so many players poor one on one hasn't changed in 5 years.

We have some shoots of hope but it is a fair (and new coach I think) way away.

I am now convinced we can play for only three quarters. That makes us three-quarters of a team.

There are a bunch of pluses and minuses but when you add it all up a “three quarter team” is only a third quadrant team: about 9th-11th, with a ceiling of 1 “against the odds” finals win and a floor well above bottom four.

Players and assistants have been chopped and changed relentlessly throughout this regime. Our senior players rarely all fire at once. Our kids are alright to bloody good and on the up. We have a standard set of “low-ceilinged frustrators” up front and down back.

There’s only one major factor left to adjust really.

————
The map is not the terrain.

Lol Dermie just slayed DBJ.

"That's the worst defensive game I've ever seen. Hes old enough to know better. Shouldn't hold his spot."

Rock up late to training = you're outta here
Play badly for weeks on end = back him in

DBJ is the new Pittard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back