Game Day Round 7 - Port Adelaide V Collingwood - Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

His sulk on the bench was telling after that dismal handball....

I think at that moment he understood what it really meant to be captain and not in a good way.
I don't think he was sulking, he was beating himself up mentally after making a few poor decisions. I think this will be the turning point for him.
Backing him in for a big one against the crows.

What's with Ebert going off? Didnt realise a knee into the back causes concussion

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Brad’s a tough cookie and I have no doubt his concussion was genuine, but it looked as though he just had enough of the game at that point and said to himself “this is just too hard tonight”. He played a half of footy without getting near it.

Last edited:

What's with Ebert going off? Didnt realise a knee into the back causes concussion

He copped a hit last week, and it looked like he was getting a bit soft with it too...
This weeks hit was too much for him to bare. Harden tf up.
Edit: I might be being a bit tough, again.

Brad’s a tough cookie and I have no doubt his concussion was genuine, but it looked as though he just had enough of the game at that point and said to himself “this is just too hard tonight”. He played a half of footy with getting near it.
Yeah I thought it seemed pretty innocuous. And was very surprised he went off the ground and stayed off.

He has struggled for a couple years now to cement himself as a best 22 player in my opinion and that almost confirmed he has lost his killer instinct

Would you rather he slash his wrists?
Not literally, but in a metaphorical sense - yes.

To really succeed in this caper, you have to absolutely hate losing, it has to eat at you, make you angry and unhappy. It has to lead you to introspection and self-examination, to make you determined to make amends. You have to hate losing more than you enjoy winning.

PAFC used to have that mindset and people who came to the club without it didn't last long.

The club isn't like that anymore. It has lost its hard edge. It's now full of those "no-hopers" that Fos spoke of. Not necessarily bad or incompetent people, but simply people who don't really understand that football is, as Bill Shankly famously put it, "much more important than life or death".

He copped a hit last week, and it looked like he was getting a bit soft with it too...
What a bulls*** comment.

Brad Ebert is one of the hardest blokes going around. Always puts his head over the ball and has taken more than his fair share for this club.

For you to tell him to "harden tf up" shows you know nothing. Unbelievable

Umm yep. Absolute stupid comment.

A knee to the head is a knee to the head. Docs make the call.

What a bulls*** comment.

Brad Ebert is one of the hardest blokes going around. Always puts his head over the ball and has taken more than his fair share for this club.

For you to tell him to "harden tf up" shows you know nothing. Unbelievable
Umm yep. Absolute stupid comment.

A knee to the head is a knee to the head. Docs make the call.
Brothers?
It looked a bit soft to me at the time.I know he's generally always been a hard nut.

As yous can see I did edit my post (just after posting), so steady on a little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he was sulking, he was beating himself up mentally after making a few poor decisions. I think this will be the turning point for him.
Backing him in for a big one against the crows.

But it's got to be a career turnaround. He's got to bring his skill level and decision making from D level to B level for the longterm but in Ken's comfortable confused priority environment it doesn't point towards him changing for the better. It is also quite possible that Wines isn't capable of being more than a C level player at best. It's all very disheartening.

Terrible post, he copped a knee in the back of the head and got back up before being crunched again a minute later going for tge ball. If only a few more of our players had the heart and endeavour of Ebert.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not literally, but in a metaphorical sense - yes.

To really succeed in this caper, you have to absolutely hate losing, it has to eat at you, make you angry and unhappy. It has to lead you to introspection and self-examination, to make you determined to make amends. You have to hate losing more than you enjoy winning.

PAFC used to have that mindset and people who came to the club without it didn't last long.

The club isn't like that anymore. It has lost its hard edge. It's now full of those "no-hopers" that Fos spoke of. Not necessarily bad or incompetent people, but simply people who don't really understand that football is, as Bill Shankly famously put it, "much more important than life or death".
Imagine if Fos had been the coach last night, and the players served up what they did in the first quarter. His verbal spray would have been legendary.

Let's see a 190cm, 90 kg bloke knew you in the back of the head at full pelt and see how quickly you get up, keyboard warrior.

At the moment we are not as good as Collingwood. It shouldn't surprise us. The changes we need to make to our game-plan will help us beat some of our bogey sides in GWS and Essendon. It is also a reality check for when we come up against Geelong.

No need to panic here guys. I saw a great turning point in the game. The players realized just how important sticking a tackle was and being accountable for your man. we got away with a lot of missed tackles against lesser opponents but got punished by a better team. We should see a steady improvement from here on in. It was a great game as having our weaknesses exposed and having positives to work on.

For those of you who think Marshal had a good game, you needed to be there to see what television couldn't show. He doesn't know how to lead to demand the ball which makes our mids bomb it to areas where that are useless. Every time we were on the break I could see Marshall's direct opponent running to the spots that Marshall should be with Marshall lagging behind as if he was the defender. The Ruckmen were more stationary forwards which made it easy for Collingwood to intercept. We were basically West Coasted by their defense. Marshall needed to lead his defender up the ground and dart back. He may get this feedback and become more dynamic. He needs to play a bit more like Nick Riewaldt. He needed to let go of the shackles and just try and get his hands on the footy. He was a huge liability and was the main reason for the dysfunctional forward line.

The other problem is that if we have a lot of inside mids they need to turn the game into an inside game and then deliver it to our outside runners. Drew was given a bath in the first quarter. Reid got away from him a few times but he fought back pretty well and almost broke even with his opponent. Drew is a good inside mid and should not be dropped. In times when we are getting slaughtered I wanted to see who was going to stand up.

The one that stood up was Powell-Pepper. He made the Collingwood supporters around me squirm. He played a lot like Dustin Martin and when he finally cleans up his disposal ad makes decisions quicker, we have a great player on our hands. He can do a lot of damage in bursts. Collingwood purposely slowed the game down but that was out of respect to what we were doing. They were on the back foot and if we got one or two more goals we could have had a sniff. As it was they played a very professional game and took the sting out of the game because they did not want a shoot-out.

We need to respect the talents of Grundy. He took on our ruckmen and beat them both. The first time Lycett had his colors lowered but I doubt that will happen too many times in the year. Grundy had a big enough tank to play most of the match. He was a big part of their win.

I also hate the way we turn on Sammy Gray. The reason why Gray gets a lot of ball kicked his way in the forward line is that he works up and down the ground. You can't blame him if he is the only one smart enough to be at the fall of the ball at the right time. Leave Sammy alone. He was just one person who received a flogging that night. The mid-field should take more of the blame with their loose checking.

As I said, lots of positives tough because I expect us to bounce back this week and start playing at a level that will help us get the scalp of a good team when they are in good form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back