Preview Round 7 - Prison Bars vs Eddie McGuire, Friday May 3rd 7:50pm AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Never thought I'd be thrilled to see Karl Amon back in the side.

With Amon back and Duursma playing so many minutes on the wing it will be interesting to see what we do with Hoff.

Do we play him wing in woch case where does Xavier fit in and how does he go?

Or do we push him forward or back?

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe we could use him to float across and stop Cox from dominating in the forward line. Can see Doogs having some issues being 12 centimetres shorter and possibly not strong enough to match him. Lienert and Clurey both not tall enough.

i hope we beat the collingwood magpies and eddie maguire coz he is always saying we cant where our stripes but we had them before he had them so i think he is wrong about us wearing our stripes jumper go power lol
Collingwood actually wore the stripes before us so...
ps. Not that that should have any bearing as to whether we should be able to wear our Prison bars

Maybe we could use him to float across and stop Cox from dominating in the forward line. Can see Doogs having some issues being 12 centimetres shorter and possibly not strong enough to match him. Lienert and Clurey both not tall enough.
Cox is out. I think you are right though, he will float back a bit more this week. We may also see Butters play closer to goals with Amon in the midfield.

This game worries me. Collingwood are an outstanding team with match winners all over the place. Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Grundy, De Goey, Beams, etc. A tough assignment. If we don't bring something close to our best, we'll get wiped off the park.

While we have been going better than I expected this year and think we have a good shot of making the 8.

Collingwood are too far ahead of us unfortunately. Probably looking at a 20 point loss.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love Ken's presser form.

First off, labels De Goey as 'one of the greats'. Yes, he's a terrific player; he's also 23 and has only played 77 games.

Then, when asked who the match-up was, he delivers this stunner:

"If he's the last line, it's probably Clurey, it's probably Howard. If he's up the field a little bit more, it's probably Byrne-Jones, it's probably Houston, and if he's right up the field, it's probably Bonner and it's probably Burton, and we have Lienert as well, so it just depends on how we structure up."

Ken mate, either name one or two players or keep it coy, don't just name the entire backline.

Cox is out. I think you are right though, he will float back a bit more this week. We may also see Butters play closer to goals with Amon in the midfield.

If we use Westhoff defensively we will lose IMO. It rarely actually woks for us.

We need to use him as an offensive weapon. Not deep forward but wing or high half forward.

First off, labels De Goey as 'one of the greats'. Yes, he's a terrific player; he's also 23 and has only played 77 games.

"If he's the last line, it's probably Clurey, it's probably Howard. If he's up the field a little bit more, it's probably Byrne-Jones, it's probably Houston, and if he's right up the field, it's probably Bonner and it's probably Burton, and we have Lienert as well, so it just depends on how we structure up."

Ken mate, either name one or two players or keep it coy, don't just name the entire backline.

Nah. Naming team inclusions early is one thing, naming a specific match up for their most damaging player is another. I'd be pissed if Ken gave away that kind of info.

Nah. Naming team inclusions early is one thing, naming a specific match up for their most damaging player is another. I'd be pissed if Ken gave away that kind of info.

Surely you'd just be coy and not name the entire back 7 though lol

He was just flexing his intellect at being able to name all the players in the backline. Schofield gave him a lolly as a reward afterwards.

My GF reckons when we are watching on the telly( although I'm too stressed to notice) I jerk when we kick the ball, put my hands in the air when we mark , and when we bump some campaigner I elbow her in the ribs. She says it has to stop. I'm only a little guy, picture she is Brienne and I am Tyrion. She's gonna hang me on the back of the bathroom door if I do it again . Then I'll miss the game. Gotta behave
Ports by 6

My GF reckons when we are watching on the telly( although I'm too stressed to notice) I jerk when we kick the ball, put my hands in the air when we mark , and when we bump some campaigner I elbow her in the ribs. She says it has to stop. I'm only a little guy, picture she is Brienne and I am Tyrion. She's gonna hang me on the back of the bathroom door if I do it again . Then I'll miss the game. Gotta behave
Ports by 6

I thought that was going somewhere else when you started with "I jerk"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back