Round 7 Rap

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloodstained Angel

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2000
Sydney, Nsw, Australia
WHAT WENT RIGHT

Again we chose to play man on man and it paid off, at least in the first half. Some good long kicking, some good grabs in the forwqrd lines. Doyle was excellent in the first half. Much better showing again from Adam Goodes. Mott, as usual tried his guts out.

WHAT WENT WRONG

This is a hard one :

- I could criticise the Swannies for blowing a 2 goal lead - but that doesn't seem fair given the lead changed hands constantly throughout the game.

- I could criticise the Swannies for yet more silly skill errorrs, poor disposals and unforced turnovers - but that doesn't seem fair because I actually thought we used the ball better than the Richmond guys.

So where exactly did we go wrong ?

Richmond, in the final analysis were more desperate than us, they wanted to win it more than us. They were harder at the ball, and dominated around the packs. Richmond won the Hard Ball Gets quite conclusively. It was promised to be a torrid affair, and it was, but with the amount of ball they were winning out of the centre and out of the balls-ups, Richmond were always going to win.

We were expecting a hard fight, but as iusual we just weren't switched on to the Tigers intensity at the ball.

We lacked aggression, and in the end, Sheer physical strength.

You know people like Schwass and Cresswell are past it when they are getting bumped off the ball with ease by the likes of Clinton King et al. :(

OVERALL

Ho Hum, another game, another 3rd quarter fade-out. Again I find myself shaking my head at this team that shows absolutely no gumption, go guts, no team spirit and no brains in YET AGAIN falling asleep and giving up in the 3rd quarter.

What do I have to do to see this fotball team play out 4 quarters of committed and aggressive football ????????

Or to ask the supporters a question- when was the last time you saw the Swannies play 4 quarters of total football, without a slip-up, without going to sleep, without having a brain explosion.

can't think of one ? - neither can I :mad:

Footy is a thinking game, and again we prove ton the rest of the footy world that the Swans are the Class Dunces when it comes to thinking about the game, we just don't have it

THE WAY FORWARD

Next week against the Bulldogs now looms as probably our most critical game of the season so far. After that we have Essendon and then Collingwood. If we don't beat the Doggies, then we'll have no show against Ess or Collingwood, and that means we reach the halfway point in the season with only 3 wins. We won't make the finals if we go into the business end of the season with only 3 wins.

The mere fact that the Doggies are 2nd-last on the aldder with 1 win only makes a Swannies loss more of a certainty :(

To make matters worse - Could I remind everyone that Sydney have never won the Bulldogs SCG home game ever, in 4 attempts.

We must win next week, or the season will quickly get away from us.

cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back