Banter Round 7: Richmond vs The umpires pets and an overpaid ruckman

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's ok, can I take out life insurance policies on a few of you?

When GWS start winning flags some of you are gunna explode. :mad:

I promise I'll donate some money to Richmond ;)

If it's ok, can I take out life insurance policies on a few of you?

When GWS start winning flags some of you are gunna explode. :mad:

I promise I'll donate some money to Richmond ;)

In accordance with APRA regulations, we'd have to take out the policy and name you as a beneficiary.

One only presumes that the word "beneficiary" has many applications to the Western Bulldogs and associated stakeholders.

Haere Ra

While the banter on this thread from Richmond fans has been of the hackneyed variety that inevitably comes with our lack of success over the last 37 years, I've got to say that the banter from Footscray fans has been of a surprisingly high quality - with good grammar, good humour, and glimpses of intelligence; so much so that I suspect their ranks have been infiltrated by the macchiato-sippers of Lygon Street, who have splashed out on "Bob" apparrel and opened Footscray accounts on Big Footy

Last edited:

When you take out the afl funding.....

How much more afl funding did you get? Thats the point

Any funding we got didn't come from your Foxtel club that only generates 5% more revenue and doesn't pay any levy. That's the point.

The word at the end of your last sentence should should be respectively, not apiece, apiece would indicate they got the same number, respectively highlights they are in order in relation to the first part of your sentence.

Its called a big 4 becauses its big for propping up financial s**t truck clubs like yours.

Tell the author at Fairfax Media, if they still have a job. Or next time you see them at Centrelink.

5% revenue so about $2.5 mil, and considering a large chunk of the revenue is TV revenue which is distributed, it is a massive difference. Also, a flag winning year isn't representative of normal revenue, the year before you only got $41mil.

As if you know anything about revenue in flag years.

So what you're saying is, since a large chunk of every club's revenue is TV revenue, Richmond is actually hugely dependent on successful clubs like the Bulldogs that draw the ratings on FTA with all our Friday and Saturday night games while Richmond rot away on Foxtel unseen, unless we grant them an audience?

When will Richmond stop suckling at the teat of successful clubs like the Dogs that generate all that TV revenue they need to survive? Your shitcan team and dead-eyed, emotionally checked out supporters are just a drain on the league.

Free-to-air’s top rating football programs in 2016
1. AFL – GF – Sydney v Western Bulldogs: 3,040k
2. NRL – SOO – NSW v Queensland: 2,708k
3. NRL – GF – Cronulla-Sutherland v Melbourne: 2,647k
4. NRL – SOO – Queensland v NSW: 2,404k
5. NRL – SOO – NSW v Queensland: 2,111k
6. AFL – PF – GWS v Western Bulldogs: 1,355k
7. AFL – PF – Geelong v Sydney: 1,032k
8. AFL – QF – Hawthorn v Geelong: 1,022k
9. AFL – SF – Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs: 989k
10. AFL – SF – Sydney v Adelaide: 951k

Richmond are well overdue to start winning games, pulling ratings and actually contributing to the league's huge TV revenue and stop relying on successful drawcard teams like the Bulldogs to prop them up.

Any funding we got didn't come from your Foxtel club that only generates 5% more revenue and doesn't pay any levy. That's the point.

Tell the author at Fairfax Media, if they still have a job. Or next time you see them at Centrelink.

As if you know anything about revenue in flag years.

So what you're saying is, since a large chunk of every club's revenue is TV revenue, Richmond is actually hugely dependent on successful clubs like the Bulldogs that draw the ratings on FTA with all our Friday and Saturday night games while Richmond rot away on Foxtel unseen, unless we grant them an audience?

When will Richmond stop suckling at the teat of successful clubs like the Dogs that generate all that TV revenue they need to survive? Your shitcan team and dead-eyed, emotionally checked out supporters are just a drain on the league.

you really are an ignorant fool arent you?

our share of the gate that goes to the afl, subsidizes your club

our share of merchandise that goes to the afl, subsidizes your club

why dont you fools actually get your hands out of your own pockets and fund your club for once? or are you proud to be the biggest begger in AFL/VFL history?

you really are an ignorant fool arent you?

our share of the gate that goes to the afl, subsidizes your club

our share of merchandise that goes to the afl, subsidizes your club

why dont you fools actually get your hands out of your own pockets and fund your club for once? or are you proud to be the biggest begger in AFL/VFL history?

You said it yourself, TV revenue is a large chunk of every club's revenue. We contribute far more to TV audiences than you.

How about being successful onfield, producing a product people actually want to watch and stop relying on successful teams like the Bulldogs to drive your revenue?

jesus you actually posted ratings for finals as if that somehow validates your point, you've officially lost the plot

people would watch tiddlywinks if it was the grand final

Based on the last 35 years you're as likely to see tiddlywinks as Richmond in a grand final. Ours was the highest rated grand final in 10 years. Even in terms of grand finals we're a drawcard.

And here you are whining "nawww that's not fair we never play finals so you can't count them". How sad. Seven, Foxtel and advertisers don't pay the big bucks for the mid-season Tigers v Dockers shitfests on Sunday arvo that no one watches. It's for the big games that our team plays in and wins at the pointy end.

So this is what you call, umm, "banter"?

Waste of time.

not banter - not being lectured to by dogs fans about how to be a financially successful club

its like being lectured to by a kardashian about abstinance

Geez, you're scraping the barrel if your banter is how much money or members your club has. I guess it's tough when your club has an inability to do anything positive on the football field. Wish we could trade our on-field for success for your off-field success :(

not banter - not being lectured to by dogs fans about how to be a financially successful club

its like being lectured to by a kardashian about abstinance

Yeah, historically that's true.

However, in the last few years our debt has come down from $13m to around $1m, and that's budgeted for this year. Haven't paid it off in a lump sum for some reason. The money is there too do so. Made $3.6m profit last year, have a "new and improved" deal at Etihad (no more paying to play for us, Saints and North), and with a couple of new sponsors, including Merc Vans, there's money in the bank.

Like everything, stereotypes last longer than the facts.

Actually, I hate to see any club struggling financially (ok, maybe not Carlton & Essendon), and apart from supporting the Dogs, I've put money into Saints & Tiges when things weren't too good in the 90s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free-to-air’s top rating football programs in 2016
1. AFL – GF – Sydney v Western Bulldogs: 3,040k
2. NRL – SOO – NSW v Queensland: 2,708k
3. NRL – GF – Cronulla-Sutherland v Melbourne: 2,647k
4. NRL – SOO – Queensland v NSW: 2,404k
5. NRL – SOO – NSW v Queensland: 2,111k
6. AFL – PF – GWS v Western Bulldogs: 1,355k
7. AFL – PF – Geelong v Sydney: 1,032k
8. AFL – QF – Hawthorn v Geelong: 1,022k
9. AFL – SF – Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs: 989k
10. AFL – SF – Sydney v Adelaide: 951k

Richmond are well overdue to start winning games, pulling ratings and actually contributing to the league's huge TV revenue and stop relying on successful drawcard teams like the Bulldogs to prop them up.
There's a lot of analysis there for banter
Pronunciation: /ˈbantə /
NOUN
[MASS NOUN]
  • The playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks:there was much good-natured banter

The rules to keep in mind in this thread:
- Read the definition of banter above, do not cross that line
- If you post in here, prepare to defend yourself, don't cry mod if you don't like your response
- The mods will not get involved unless you cross the line (Footscray or Richmond supporter)
- What is said in the banter thread stays in the banter thread, you will cop infractions if you take quotes elsewhere
- The thread will be closed once the game begins, the purpose is enjoy the lead up to the game
- Images and gifs are allowed but don't overdo it
- Have some fun, the more outlandish claims the better :)

And with that, begin

Yeah, historically that's true.

However, in the last few years our debt has come down from $13m to around $1m, and that's budgeted for this year. Haven't paid it off in a lump sum for some reason. The money is there too do so. Made $3.6m profit last year, have a "new and improved" deal at Etihad (no more paying to play for us, Saints and North), and with a couple of new sponsors, including Merc Vans, there's money in the bank.

Like everything, stereotypes last longer than the facts.

Actually, I hate to see any club struggling financially (ok, maybe not Carlton & Essendon), and apart from supporting the Dogs, I've put money into Saints & Tiges when things weren't too good in the 90s.

No argument its better than it was, and the club do deserve kudos for that. Reality is without the equalisation funding, youre one of four vic clubs that will face some hard choices.

I like the dogs, but talks of premierships and financial success (not by you btw) is premature

Just watched the VFL game. Your choking team of chokers choked when the game was on the line and they really needed to stand up and not choke.

Chokers.

While the banter on this thread from Richmond fans has been of the hackneyed variety that inevitably comes with our lack of success over the last 37 years, I've got to say that the banter from Footscray fans has been of a surprisingly high quality - with good grammar, good humour, and glimpses of intelligence; so much so that I suspect their ranks have been infiltrated by the macchiato-sippers of Lygon Street, who have splashed out on "Bob" apparrel and opened Footscray accounts on Big Footy

I can't be from Carlton, I thought 'macchiato' was that kid Mr. Miyagi taught.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back