Preview Round 7: St.Kilda v GWS Giants - Etihad Stadium (H), Friday 5 May 2017, 7:50pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big win against the Hawks yesterday.

Now we host a team who's 5-1 and many predict will win the flag this year.

Who's coming in? Who's going out?

Predictions?

I think that it will be a close game and if we are to win it will really set up the rest of our season.

I say 40 - 60 in giants favour purely based on form and talent. Our form will be very good coming in and the giants are coming from a sore win.

I genuinely think we can pull of a stunning upset but we need to be at our very best. As a team we need go play as one, 4 quarter effort, bring in our game plan. It's our home game as well.

At this stage, I would bring in Dmac for Minchington. Just because Minch disappears quickly in games, needs consistency. Dmac adds valuable pace and work rate. Giants are a quick side, we need extra pace.

I will pick the winner when we get the teams for round 7.

Reid - hamstring , Haynes - adductor, Greene - Reported
these 3 a big outs for GWS , with our team starting to get it together I expect a big win against GWS, as long as we keep Kelly , Ward and Scully quiet , Our backline to hold Patton , Cameron and with Greene out all looks good,

The team I hope Richo picks - same team

Geary Brown Webster
Newnes Carlisle Robertson
Sinclair Steele Billings
Weller Riewoldt K. Stevens
Membery Bruce Gresham

Longer / Hickey - Longer if Mumford plays
Ross
J.Steven

Res- Acres, Montagna, Gilbert, Minchington

No change

Mumford may get scrubbed for slamming Tom Liberatore into the deck, or out injured, Greene you would say is gone.

Cameron and Patton are going to be a real pain for our backmen, hold them and we win it i reckon. Pretty bruising game for GWS againt the Doggies, hopefully there are some very sore and tired bodies.

Close one, Saints by 7points

Well after a bruise free game against the Hawks (how good is it to say that!!) we should be up for the task.

SLIDING DOORS

If
the backline plays like they have been playing

AND
we don't get thrashed in the clearances we are a chance.

No changes

Coniglio looks like coming back for them.

Will be won in the middle, Mummy out would be huge for us.

Carlisle - Patton, Brown - Cameron.
They will do there jobs if there's enough pressure on the kicker.

Their big game against the dogs hopefully plays into our hands.

I'm mostly in the Hickey camp, but longer seems a better match up for Mumford if he does play .

Not a massive minchington fan personally, but he was good against Geelong and had a quiet game against Hawks. Needs a run of three or four, if quiet again then I think lonie comes in.

Wouldn't make any other changes. Paddy, Dunstan and long should be consistently demanding a spot before getting back in the team.

Giants too talented across the ground for mine unfortunately, but will be clearly massive feather in St kilda cap if can pull it off.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No way Mumford should get scrubbed for that tackle. Just a big hit on a small player.
He will play and although I still think Hickey is a better option, Longer is playing well in the middle and keeps his spot. For the moment.

NO CHANGE to a winning formula!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As others have said Longer stays if Mumford plays. I feel like we might have seen the best of Minch and that is an inconsistent small forward who will go missing one week but then snag 2 goals the next so whether or not Richo makes a change who knows.

I'd like to see Minch out Paddy in to really stretch their potentially weaker defense but who knows what will happen?

Richo made some ripper choices this week and it payed off so we back him in

No changes. If any, possibly Minch but he was very good the week prior. Lonie, Sav & Mckenzie the obvious replacements. Or we could go in taller & bring back Paddy.

Whilst the Giants midfield is scary, it's the rebound out of their half back line from Shaw, Wilson & Williams that generates their run carry & into the hands of Kelly & Scully to set up scoring thrusts. The game will definitely be won on the outside with those half back players & outside mids.

The Giants play Etihad well. The fast deck suits their runners & skilful players. It rarely feels like a home game at Etihad escpecially not this week.

Tbh I give us little to no chance so I'm not going to get my hopes up only to be let down & disappointed. Hopefully the Giants are a little off & we are on. Saying that, Giants by 42.

Yeah no changes. Although Longer fades out of games, he's got the body size to compete with Mumford.

I think we can do to them at Etihad Stadium!
They're not at peak strength, they're actually playing a few kids at the moment (Hopper, M. Kennedy, Taranto) rather than Deledio, Griffen, Coniglio.

Greene and Haynes if both out are huge losses. Both elite at their positions.

Reckon it'll be bloody close, but Saints by a goal or 2!

I think Richo will go with no change , good for player confidence. They will give Paddy another week in Sandy team so he learns he has to be consistent. I'm a Hickey man myself but I think Richo will like to give Longer another go at Mummy . Hickey is going to have to earn his place back although he does a lot more around the ground than Longer and can mark better but again that's my bias showing through. So I would say no change unless someone gets injured at training during the week.

The other option is resting someone like Gres and replace with either Lonie or Dunstan or even Screwdriver or DMac.

There is another option of bringing Paddy back to challenge their lack of height in the backline . Put Paddy at ff move Bruce to chf and continue Gilbert as second ruckman , in that case Gresh plays , just a thought.

Sent via HAL

Last edited:
No changes. If any, possibly Minch but he was very good the week prior. Lonie, Sav & Mckenzie the obvious replacements. Or we could go in taller & bring back Paddy.

Whilst the Giants midfield is scary, it's the rebound out of their half back line from Shaw, Wilson & Williams that generates their run carry & into the hands of Kelly & Scully to set up scoring thrusts. The game will definitely be won on the outside with those half back players & outside mids.

The Giants play Etihad well. The fast deck suits their runners & skilful players. It rarely feels like a home game at Etihad escpecially not this week.

Tbh I give us little to no chance so I'm not going to get my hopes up only to be let down & disappointed. Hopefully the Giants are a little off & we are on. Saying that, Giants by 42.
This is why I wouldn't bring Paddy in. Too slow in his defensive work at present. Minch is a better defensive player, someone just has to tell him not to wait for Geelong to turn up to start kicking goals.

No change
Contested ball has to be our focus again this week otherwise we will get smashed. We should be up and about this week first Friday night game in a while, we asked to have these Friday night games so we need to deliver. Expect all saints fans to come out and support the boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back