Trades Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

With the rookie carnage I'm sticking with previous plan:

Walters -> Milera
JOM -> Macrae

Probably get Guelfi next week after his rest.
Think Macrae is the right option and Milera could pay off in a big way so fingers crossed for you and also for my elite side :moustache:

View attachment 491858

Have got 320k in the bank, Does anyone have any trade ideas for me? I was originally going to trade Christensen to Spargo and then go O'Connor to the Seed. But then I am worried about fielding that much forward rookies on field, especially with the more reliable Guelfi out this week. Christensen has been disappointing for a few weeks but I think he is at least capable of getting a 90, and he junked really well last round at the end so he is capable. I'm stumped on what to do now so any ideas are appreciated. I want to get in Seed, just can't stand watching him as a non-owner, but maybe Blakely or Goddard is the better option?

Just my thoughts, and others may differ - but it's time to start the upgrade cycle. And check BE's before you make any final decisions.

You could switch Whitfield back, trade out Naughton to a rookie midfielder (Mutch for example) - which would give you around 470K to play with.

From there, Coffield becomes your D7 - and you could then upgrade either Banfield (to any midfielder in the game) or even take O'Connor up to Goddard/Hurley/Blakely/Seedsman

That way you'd have 4 premium backs, and only have to field 2 of the 4 rookies. Alternately, if you went the midfield option, you wouldn't have weakened that area either - as Whitfield could be replaced by Danger or whoever suits your bye structure....

Current tredes are looking like this:

Christensen->spargo
Holman->Mutch

leaves 400k in the bank and allows me to get ronke next week if he holds his spot.
Please billings, crack the ton.

Are you concerned with a possible Touk tag this week? I think he will go to Macrae as I can't see him being able to contain Bont. Macrae will still be good enough to ton up though but probably won't be that big a score. Then he has Brisbane and they also have a couple of taggers. Teams will be putting a bit of attention on Macrae I reckon but I think he will find a way to a respectable score still. Just don't want to pay top dollar...I might regret this

The way I look at it, I want Mcrae in my side regardless of his cost. Rather than wasting a trade on someone who I'm just gonna end up trading to Mcrae eventually, I might as well just get him now. Even if he doesn't have the greatest week this week, I'm fine with that. In the long run he's not someone who'll deliver 60's or anything, because he takes so many marks and is probably one of the most consistent fantasy players going around. I deadset had him selected off and on throughout the pre-season, but I just didn't think he'd average more than a hundred due to all the mids / forwards swapping around. After seeing him go to another level this year and knowing that he's a number 6 draft pick so he's got a lot of talent, it just makes sense to get him in now and know that I've got a solid mid who performs every week regardless of role. Plus, Hunter and the Bont are just as likely to cop a tag as well, so I'm not gonna let that dissuade me. His bye is Round 14 as an added bonus and the 802K I had left over exactly was just the final omen to make the call. Could bite me in the ass this week, but I'm just happy he's in my side now. Going from Mirra to Mcrae is never gonna be a downgrade anyway haha.

The way I look at it, I want Mcrae in my side regardless of his cost. Rather than wasting a trade on someone who I'm just gonna end up trading to Mcrae eventually, I might as well just get him now. Even if he doesn't have the greatest week this week, I'm fine with that. In the long run he's not someone who'll deliver 60's or anything, because he takes so many marks and is probably one of the most consistent fantasy players going around. I deadset had him selected off and on throughout the pre-season, but I just didn't think he'd average more than a hundred due to all the mids / forwards swapping around. After seeing him go to another level this year and knowing that he's a number 6 draft pick so he's got a lot of talent, it just makes sense to get him in now and know that I've got a solid mid who performs every week regardless of role. Plus, Hunter and the Bont are just as likely to cop a tag as well, so I'm not gonna let that dissuade me. His bye is Round 14 as an added bonus and the 802K I had left over exactly was just the final omen to make the call. Could bite me in the ass this week, but I'm just happy he's in my side now. Going from Mirra to Mcrae is never gonna be a downgrade anyway haha.

Agree. Getting Macrae this week.

Just my thoughts, and others may differ - but it's time to start the upgrade cycle. And check BE's before you make any final decisions.

You could switch Whitfield back, trade out Naughton to a rookie midfielder (Mutch for example) - which would give you around 470K to play with.

From there, Coffield becomes your D7 - and you could then upgrade either Banfield (to any midfielder in the game) or even take O'Connor up to Goddard/Hurley/Blakely/Seedsman

That way you'd have 4 premium backs, and only have to field 2 of the 4 rookies. Alternately, if you went the midfield option, you wouldn't have weakened that area either - as Whitfield could be replaced by Danger or whoever suits your bye structure....
Thank for the reply! yeah I have been fielding 4 rookies down back for a while now and they have done ok. Many def premos were also not doing much better and had a few spud scores so I didn't know who to bring in. I think Seed is the man to bring in now and I feel confident that he will be a top 6 defender. I'd rather get rid of a non-playing rookie like O'connor rather than naughton. Naughton will be a handy bye player I think

I am just a sucker for underpriced mid premos haha. I have plans to get in Mrouch and Danger in the future so I can't really justify getting in Macrae. Don't think he will average much more than Mrouch and Danger from here on. I think Danger will be getting back to his normal 115 avg. very soon and Mrouch showed enough in his first game back, think he goes 105 at least. Macrae might be a luxury trade for me in the future if Parker doesn't get his act together

I am just a sucker for underpriced mid premos haha. I have plans to get in Mrouch and Danger in the future so I can't really justify getting in Macrae. Don't think he will average much more than Mrouch and Danger from here on. I think Danger will be getting back to his normal 115 avg. very soon and Mrouch showed enough in his first game back, think he goes 105 at least. Macrae might be a luxury trade for me in the future if Parker doesn't get his act together

Haha yeah me too, which is why I waited on Zerrett. With that said, 800K was the price for a top 8 premo at the start of the year, and that's where he's at. Doesn't bother me too much knowing that. Crouch should be good, and he's who I'm looking at moving O'Meara up to next week or the week after, but Danger is playing sore at the moment and will probably be someone who I'll get in after his bye. With Scooter back this week, he'll play forward again and should probably score around 100-110 or so. Gonna wait 'til he goes down to under 700K and strings a few good games together. Treloar / Duncan / J. Kelly (if and when he comes back) are the last one's I'll be looking at for my M8 to replace T. Kelly.

Last edited:
Current tredes are looking like this:

Christensen->spargo
Holman->Mutch

leaves 400k in the bank and allows me to get ronke next week if he holds his spot.
Please billings, crack the ton.
doubt ronke holds with Franklin and Hannebery walk up starts due back soon

Also considering Macrae, I might cash in JOM early to jump on, seems to have a good run coming up (and he scored a 149 at Mars last year)

Holman - Zerrett
JOM - Macrae

...maybe?

No carnage luckily.
Had neither Mirra nor Guelfi.

Holding on;
Walters > Spargo (if named otherwise Ronke)
Holman > Macrae

68k remaining and will upgrade JOM next week to Zerrett.

Last edited:
Coffield, Brayshaw, Mutch and Banfield. I need to field two of these players (unfortunately) but no idea who, please help!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coffield, Brayshaw, Mutch and Banfield. I need to field two of these players (unfortunately) but no idea who, please help!

Of those this week I think

Banfield and Mutch safest for 60 plus scores
Others may go 70 odd but also may go 40.

Any thoughts on my rookie choices above?

Of those this week I think

Banfield and Mutch safest for 60 plus scores
Others may go 70 odd but also may go 40.

Any thoughts on my rookie choices above?
+1 this.
Banfield could be a tackle machine with the amount of ball the Tigers will get.
Mutch could do well depending which Hawks outfit show up.
Brayshaw goes missing in games too often and Coffield's confidence could be shot after last week.

Rookie fielding headache:

M7 is Kelly
M8 could be Holman, Coffield, Banfield, or even Crowden via DPP

F5 i'm back in English
F6 could be Fritsch, Waterman or Crowden.

I'm thinking Holman or Banfield in mids, Fritsch in forwards - what do others think?
M8 - With Barlow, Lonergan and Fiorini out, expect Holman to play more time in the middle.
F6 - Fritsch should have all the supply in the world playing against the Saints.

Happy days! Langdon still in, Keeffe finally in, Petracca in, English still in. No Cameron, but suddenly have only 3 players not playing (Guelfi dropped sucks, hopefully just a rest).

Probably will stick with my trades.

Happy days! Langdon still in, Keeffe finally in, Petracca in, English still in. No Cameron, but suddenly have only 3 players not playing (Guelfi dropped sucks, hopefully just a rest).

Probably will stick with my trades.
Petracca could be a late out according to the club, so just be wary on that one

Petracca could be a late out according to the club, so just be wary on that one

Makes it even better that Langdon stayed in. Unless he's also a late out..

6 rounds done and dusted, Zerret has a,
5 game average of 97.8
3 game average of 117

Funny that he seemed such a big problem. Could be worse, some started with Rockliff.

With Zerrett it was always about recovering from the concussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back