Round 7 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a tough spot with kentstable out..
Field Atkins or Gibbons?
I think it depends on your priority whether it is league win or maximum score.
Both play Sunday so if you are in a comfortable position and want to focus on a league win I would run Atkins as you know you almost certainly get a 50 or 60. Gibbons can score 80 or 20 so if you need to run the gauntlet to win league or trying to maximise points I would run Gibbons. His also playing North which is probably an easier matchup than Atkins who plays Essendon

Brouch & Sheed > Neale & Ross?

That would leave me with the following:
Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Brayshaw, Martin, Liberatore, Walsh, Ross (Constable, Gibbons, Hind).

Tricky. If Constable had played, I would have gone your option A (Lloyd). Now, I'd probably do C because that's more the structure I started with. But then again, you're using up trades to get to a similar position to most others (although I still have Walsh at M6). If you think you can somehow still upgrade in DEF or FWD (using Moore as a potential swing) with a 1 up & 1 down next week, then I'd go for it. You will have to watch your 'Trades Remaining' though.

Thanks mate - I often see you giving really good advice so I appreciate it.

I did look at that trade but according to TooSerious Whitfield will go down 28k next week and 16k the week after (total 44k) (at his current injury affected average of 108).

At his pre injury average, he will lose only about 30k.

Like the idea but just not sure trading out a premo is worth it for 30-45k (assuming ts has it correct)

What do you think?

His pre-injury average was 120, I can't see him averaging that. Maybe 110 but I would think a bit less after a lay off.
I think there is a flaw in that toosrs formula. If we go by the SC gold model, he will drop to just around 510k within 2 games of his return if he scores his projected scores of 115 & 114 against Hawthorn & Carlton. Obviously he won't be losing the projected -48k this week because he's not playing, but those projections are still valid IMO if pushed back a week with a slight adjustment due to projected scores difference between St Kilda & Carlton. Anyway, it was only a suggestion. Personally, I don't usually pull those kind of moves myself being more of a conservative SC but I can see why some of the more adventurous ones would.

whit.JPG

Need to bring in at least 1 def this round to avoid a donut. If I bring in Rich this week, then I will have enough to go Butters > Fyfe next week. If I bring in sicily this week, then I miss fyfe unless I trade Brouch.

So which is better on field: (avg scores)
Fyfe + Rich + Brouch (310)
Or
Fyfe + Sicily + Ross on field (Butters bench) (297)

or miss fyfe and bring in sicily

Says the man with #MidPriceMadness4Life in his signature! :cool:

I'll pay that, what can I say I love value for money. MPM generally only applies to my starting team team though.

I still wouldn't sideways a Cripps to a Fyfe for instance if Cripps was to miss only a week and was going to lose 70k over a couple of weeks though. I can see why some would though.

Last edited:
ba8d1f499bc1e3d2b46d7a22d0fb0bce.jpg

Any suggestions to my backline donut this week?
$213k in the bank, 25 trades left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got Darcy?
Scrimshaw -> Bolton
Andrews -> Laird

Thought I'd spice it up with trades this week and make a bold move; trading Goldstein and bringing on ROB as my R2 from the bench in order to spread out cash and bring in the likes of Fyfe, Lloyd, Whitfield, Westhoff over the next 2-3 weeks.

Goldstein > Ross (switch ROB into R2/Bines back to R3/Setters into FWDs)

- Gives me another cashcow that has stable job security given the injuries to Cotchin and Graham, and is projected to make $150k+. He costs a little more than say, Hayes, but I am willing to pay more for job security (which found me out last year). Not to mention that direct trade net me $350k odd.

Sheed > Fyfe

- Can't pass up the value presented here with a genuine premium in Fyfe. I wanted to start Fyfe, and couldn't fit him in, so for him to have depreciated to this value is amazing. Was hoping Sheed could sustain his scoring output, but Gaff has ruined that.

BANK LEFT OVER: $433k

So the plan over the next few weeks is to go...

RD08: Scrimshaw > Lloyd, and Constable > Hately
RD09: Drew > Westhoff
RD10: Duursma > Whitfield, and no DEF rookies on-field with Hore on the bench.

Then it's sit back and wait for the likes of Hore/Gibbons/Ross/Stack/Parker/Setterfield/Lockhart to max out appreciation and finish last few upgrades - with Gawn top of the priority list across the byes when ROB has maxed out at $400k.

Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 11.26.46 am.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I'd spice it up with trades this week and make a bold move; trading Goldstein and bringing on ROB as my R2 from the bench in order to spread out cash and bring in the likes of Fyfe, Lloyd, Whitfield, Westhoff over the next 2-3 weeks.

- Gives me another cashcow that has stable job security given the injuries to Cotchin and Graham, and is projected to make $150k+. He costs a little more than say, Hayes, but I am willing to pay more for job security (which found me out last year). Not to mention that direct trade net me $350k odd.

Sheed > Fyfe

- Can't pass up the value presented here with a genuine premium in Fyfe. I wanted to start Fyfe, and couldn't fit him in, so for him to have depreciated to this value is amazing. Was hoping Sheed could sustain his scoring output, but Gaff has ruined that.

RD09: Drew > Westhoff and Duursma > Whitfield, and no DEF rookies on-field with Hore on the bench.

Then it's sit back and wait for the likes of Hore/Gibbons/Ross/Stack/Parker/Setterfield/Lockhart to max out appreciation and finish last few upgrades - with Gawn top of the priority list across the byes when ROB has maxed out at $400k.

Thoughts?

View attachment 667204

Solid

1.Atkins->Ross

Possible 2. Scott->Hayes

Holding Constable until the byes hopefully, need him next week at least so I can swing Walters into my forwards...

Change of plans.
1. Atkins->Hayes
2. Parker->Ross (Via Walters DPP)

I would rather keep Parker for at least another week, but he may completely spud it against GWS

Next week
1.Butters to Westhoff (Via Drew DPP), this leaves me with no forward rookies...(though Marshall, Hoff are hardly convincing)
2nd trade maybe either Joyce/Larkey in, or pass.

Thinking Scott to Hayes then probably slide T. Kelly in for Constable.

Unless someone can see anything better?

Attachments

• asd.jpg
    asd.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 107

Sheed > Fyfe

RD09: Drew > Westhoff
RD10: Duursma > Whitfield, and no DEF rookies on-field with Hore on the bench.

Thoughts?

View attachment 667204

if you've spent all the $$, and ROB goes down, you're in real trouble

Changed my mind on .
Burgess to Lockhart or Noah.
Scott to Hayes .

Now .

Atkins to Hayes.
Scim to a backman around 460k.

Whos the best defender around 460k.

Gov.
Basher.