Mar 13, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Oakland Raiders, Celtics
TBrown>Simpson
Cameron>Rankin

Really not happy to pass up McPherson or to a lesser extent Day on the backline, but Cameron missing selection even when Cox was dropped was the deciding factor. Hoping Starcevich can have one of his better games and get close to his BE. Also hoping Rankin can still score when when he isn't having as sensational a game as his debut.

Glorin

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
On the edge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’ve only got 124k in the bank.
If I was to bring in Rankine and Doodoo I would be left with about 180k. Probably enough to bring in bailey smith via King but will then take a while to get Gawn?!

What would you do?
Gawn is a luxury for me atm. So many holes in so many teams and value is the key. I brought in Doodee as one of my 5 rd 2 and he has been fantastic. At still under 400k, I would not hesitate.

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
Gawn is a luxury for me atm. So many holes in so many teams and value is the key. I brought in Doodee as one of my 5 rd 2 and he has been fantastic. At still under 400k, I would not hesitate.
I'm getting Gawn as I need VC/C options only have Grundy, Danger ATM

Stick to the game plan.
You didn't start with Gawn, so live with it
I don't have Gawn either, so I'm going to stick to my value based selections - it's painful though!

Leaning towards holding Starcevich and dumping Brander or McInerney. Gives me bench DEF cover this week and hopefully also a warm body down the line.

Leaning towards dumping Brander, as he's nowhere to be seen on the team sheet, whereas at least McInerney got a spot at the end of the Swans' emergency list.

$225.5k in the bank to grab Bailey Smith and a rookie (or if I'm naughty, a mid-pricer) next week.

Went T Brown to Rankine via D Smith.

Pending teams later today/any late withdrawals, Starcevich is going to become Short. It's a risk, but I was keen on Short last week and without Houli he looks good. Really need to bolster my backline.

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
1st trade Mcinerney > Simmo in the bank & happy with it. Worked his way into game pretty well last night.

2nd trade will be either Brander > Macpherson depending on what Starc scores or Taylor > Rankine.

Will have 550k + next week for double upgrades. Bring it bitches!

Last edited:
1594941409479.png

125k 18 trades

Taylor to Rankine locked

Assuming Williamson plays, then its the second trade him unsure about.

1. Starcevich to Macpherson (means I have to take either Macpherson or Williamson score). 430k in bank

2. Starcevich to Doedee. 175k in bank

3. Mcinerney to Macpherson (holding Starcevich for meantime even with impending price drop). 385k in bank

4. Mcinerney to Doedee. 129k in bank

Doedee probably completes my backline without Lloyd. Although I feel like I have more pressing issues such as getting 3 more premo mids (Treloar, Macrae, Duncan, Danger, Fyfe when fit, Oliver), Gawn and then another forward or two (Bailey Smith and Walters/Simpkin.

Next week will possibly be Simpson (or another rookie) in and King to Bailey Smith

Which option looks the best? Or something else I haven't thought about.

Sainters08

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda
Taking Noble score over Starc. Watch him pull an 80+ now.

went Brander > Simpson already. Want Rankine for Either Taylor or Buda.

Taylor > Rankine means I loop Rankine and Aarts for F6 and field Bennell/Pickett at M7/8

Buda > Taylor means I have to choose between 1 of Bennell/Pickett And play 2 of Rankine/Taylor/Aarts (can loop)

Thoughts?

Which one of these ultimate campaigners would you trade for Rankine?

Had to keep Starceshit just like everyone else due to Rivers and Brander missing.

Rozee had his stupid squinty face papers stamped after his 4th sub 54 score in a row and has dropped about 120k since i've owned him. Bleeding cash.

But now i'm starting to think he almost can't get any worse, so i'm not deadset on turfing him, even though he deserves it. 109BE :huh:

If Rozee scores his usual piss ant 40-50 points this week he'll drop a good 25k. Houston burnt me after i traded him out. Rozee could do the same.

Could go McInerney or Branders as the alternative trade outs. Neither of those 2 are losing money at least.

1594942986705.png

Glorin

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
On the edge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Each team is different. There is no 'one size fits all'. Gawn a great selection, but if like me you have 6 rookie mids on field/bench with 50/50 at best JS then Gawn is not the answer. Also why I didn't take Simpson.
However, Grundy and Neale are fine as c/cc options for me so far this year and I will have finished fwd and mids this time next week. 🤞

Ollie1981

Team Captain
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So I traded Fyfe -> Danger last night so happy with that result. 1 more trade to do.
My thought:
Heeney -> Rankine (leaves $488,400 in the shed for next week)
What are your thoughts? Pick my team to bits.
Capture3.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back