Trades Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have a couple guys hitting the wall who are bleeding cash fast, in particular Rozee and Hunter Clarke, so gotta try get rid of one of them this week.

Thinking:

Clarke -> Short (sliding into Houli's role for at least a month hopefully)
Taylor -> Rankine

248k in bank to then hopefully help get a mid rookie up to Treloar, Gaff or Tarranto next week.

Taylor > Simpson
Cegs > Whit

Gets my preferred fwd line (for the time being) of Whit, Trac, Simpkin, Smith, Bray. If Cogs could just morph himself into Treloar now I’d be happy

+1.

But those trades will be dependent on one of young, rivers or starc getting a game next week.

I wouldn't mind any of my initial midfield 'premos' in macrae, cripps and coniglio perhaps having 1 week where they all perform.

+1.

But those trades will be dependent on one of young, rivers or starc getting a game next week.

I wouldn't mind any of my initial midfield 'premos' in macrae, cripps and coniglio perhaps having 1 week where they all perform.
I’m inclined to let D5/6 rot at the expense of getting everywhere else sorted. So long as there’s 2 able bodies wearing a jumper there next week those will be my trades :thumbsu:

Half torn between the double downgrade and bank the cash for next week (still have Naismith on the line too) then an Uber premo upgrade ready to go for next week, or, go brander to Simpson and Taylor to a mid around 550k.

Maybe the year of the mid price continues and someone like redden may be ripe for the picking after dropping 150k? Hopefully see some improved scores from the eagles too now heading home for a long stretch

I’m inclined to let D5/6 rot at the expense of getting everywhere else sorted. So long as there’s 2 able bodies wearing a jumper there next week those will be my trades :thumbsu:

Yep agree.
I'm pretty content with my defence at the moment being doch, smith, houston, aish, corr, young.
Any time I think about upgrading any of them I can't find anyone I like (other than Lloyd but I dont think he's even worth his cheaper price tag at the minute).

Am I crazy for thinking about Touk? Six round average of 84; 105BCV. Seems to have gotten a lift, with GCS playing well. Still cheapish.

Have a couple guys hitting the wall who are bleeding cash fast, in particular Rozee and Hunter Clarke, so gotta try get rid of one of them this week.

Thinking:

Clarke -> Short (sliding into Houli's role for at least a month hopefully)
Taylor -> Rankine

248k in bank to then hopefully help get a mid rookie up to Treloar, Gaff or Tarranto next week.

Just something to note, watch the Saints at selection this week. Hunter Clark attended a fair few centre bounces towards the end I'm pretty sure. And Ratten has promised to drop some passengers (I'm assuming Seb Ross might be looked at) so even though he didn't capitalise I'm willing to give him one last chance myself. He's been ear-marked for more midfield time this year as well.

Agree on getting Short in though. Everyone has Ridley, or is getting Ridley so he might be a good POD. Think PAFC27 may have mentioned him last week.

Young to Short
Starc/Rivers to Simpson
If Starc goes to Simpson then I have about 320k for next week.

Taylor survives. Even though his cash gen would have hit a wall he will probably suit up if fit. Guess a warm body playing is better than a red dot. Need to get rid of Pitt ASAP.

Half torn between the double downgrade and bank the cash for next week (still have Naismith on the line too) then an Uber premo upgrade ready to go for next week, or, go brander to Simpson and Taylor to a mid around 550k.

Maybe the year of the mid price continues and someone like redden may be ripe for the picking after dropping 150k? Hopefully see some improved scores from the eagles too now heading home for a long stretch

Yep im in the exact same boat. should double downgrade, but can get a rookie off field to a mid priced defender like Lukoisis or the like. and be down to 4 rookies on field. Which im thinking in a shortened season may be a good thing, less worry about team selection but also should be better scoring output too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rowell --> Simpson
R2 --> ROB (70k short from gawn sad...)

Would have loved

Grundy + Gawn but now I'm stuck with
Grundy + ROB (goldstein seems good but he seems old)

Such a hard choice to make. Want to double downgrade as simpson and rankine will make me sooo much money on the other hand want VC Grundy. He should do well against Fort and surely be on a mission after that putrid effort

Just something to note, watch the Saints at selection this week. Hunter Clark attended a fair few centre bounces towards the end I'm pretty sure. And Ratten has promised to drop some passengers (I'm assuming Seb Ross might be looked at) so even though he didn't capitalise I'm willing to give him one last chance myself. He's been ear-marked for more midfield time this year as well.

Agree on getting Short in though. Everyone has Ridley, or is getting Ridley so he might be a good POD. Think PAFC27 may have mentioned him last week.

Young to Short
Starc/Rivers to Simpson
If Starc goes to Simpson then I have about 320k for next week.

Taylor survives. Even though his cash gen would have hit a wall he will probably suit up if fit. Guess a warm body playing is better than a red dot. Need to get rid of Pitt ASAP.

Haven't been able to watch the saints games the last few weeks with work, but gotten the impression he scores better as an intercepting half-back rather than as a mid, and it's his increased mid time that weirdly enough has decreased his scoring? Please correct for me if I am wrong as I'm potentially keen to give him one last chance considering he's up against the crows this week.

Haven't been able to watch the saints games the last few weeks with work, but gotten the impression he scores better as an intercepting half-back rather than as a mid, and it's his increased mid time that weirdly enough has decreased his scoring? Please correct for me if I am wrong as I'm potentially keen to give him one last chance considering he's up against the crows this week.

Yeah he's generally pretty ominous rebounding off half back, but these last few weeks he's been down a bit on form, and he's getting open but team mates just aren't looking for him. I'm willing to give him one more chance based on a shake up in structure, and like you said - Crows.

Thank god we only have two trades a week now, it's about the only thing limiting the damage I can do to my team. Here's a selection of my brilliant 2020 tactical moves:

Tim English

56, 55, TRADED, 78, 102, 99, 81

Hugh McCluggage

60, 49, TRADED, 108, 105, 90, 64

Dan Houston

97, 66, 55, TRADED, 82, 81, 68

Andrew Brayshaw

44, 72, 54, 53, TRADED, 106, 87

Bailey Smith

95, TRADED IN, 93, 60, 61, 1, TRADED, 94

For the record I'm planning on conceding the mistake with Dan Butler (59, 82, 83, 80, TRADED IN, 59, 27) and trading him back out and so non-owners would do well to get him in quick.

Last edited:
Thank god we only have two trades a week now, it's about the only thing limiting the damage I can do to my team. Here's a selection of my brilliant 2020 tactical moves:

Tim English

56, 55, TRADED, 78, 102, 99, 81

Hugh McCluggage

60, 49, TRADED, 108, 105, 90, 64

Dan Houston

97, 66, 55, TRADED, 82, 81, 68

Andrew Brayshaw

44, 72, 54, 53, TRADED, 106, 87

Bailey Smith

95, TRADED IN, 93, 60, 61, 1, TRADED, 94

For the record I'm planning on conceding the mistake with Dan Butler (59, 82, 83, 80, TRADED IN, 59, 27) and trading him back out and so non-owners would do well to get him in quick.
Please let us know your next trades. If i have them i will hold onto them. Thanks in advance

So if I end up holding onto Clark this week I'm now looking at these options, would appreciate some feedback.

All these have trade 1 as Taylor -> Rankine

Option 1: Florent -> Tarranto/Treloar
Option 2: Shift Weller to midfield via DPP, shuffle a rookie (Picket) to bench. Then trade Budarick (utility) to Short who I can shuffle into the backline.

Leaning towards option 2 as I think it offers more value, is a bit more of a unique option, gets more points on field this week, and allows me a week to look at Tarranto coming back from his shoulder injury before I probably pull the trigger there next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back