Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Same situation as me. If you wanted to write off your 9th forward line position and take a 72K player then take Valenti. He's your best bet at bottom price but he most likely won't play. In saying that though I can't find anyone at the 83K mark who will play so writing off your 9th forward might not be as bad as it sounds.

At the 83K mark you have Edwards, Weetra, Jacky and Ross who have all played 2 or 1 games. I'd say maybe Edwards is the best of the lot there as he showed a bit pre-season and Carlton are pretty injury plagued at the moment.

Others to look for are:

Sellar: Although it sounds like his form in the SANFL has been shitehouse.
Neagle: 91K player who looks alright. Might be injured ..not sure.
J.Morton: Will struggle to get a gig at the Hawks but they might squeeze him in for the sake of blooding a player later in the season if they are home and hosed.
Veszpremi: Top draft pick. I have to assume he's injured but could come in to contention later.
Guy O'keefe: Ripping it down at Williamstown. Might be behind Callan Ward to get a game for the Dogs but sounds like a player and might get a game later in the season.

I am looking for a rookie forward too. If Valenti gets promoted (surely he will), i think he will get a fair few games considering their position, playing the kids. I think he could score well a is the best option considering his price.

Also i think you have missed probably the second best option Lachie Hansen. Yes he plays for the Roos but surely he will get a game soon, he was a high pick last year and with Edwards out for the year, there is a chance for him to break into the 22.

Why not trade Bowden to a premium:confused:

Yeah I had a look with the money I have spare I could afford to trade Bowden to Burgoyne, Osborne/Kennelly to Goddard.
It would mean i miss the Ibbotson train but I could rely on either Wonnamerri or Pfeiffer as emergencies, and then i would be pretty happy with my backline..

O wells no point in thinking too deep until teams are released. I just hope bowden gets named, its hurt havign a $400k player sitting on the pine the last couple of weeks.

ok i can honestly say i need some opinions on what to do this week

heres the side

awesome.jpg

im thinkn of getin either of the following, ellis an griffen as their BE are high an they will not reach em

just not sure on who to go for i have 34,000 in the bank

if i get rid of griffen i need priddis to play so i can get a rookie to upgrade ellis

hey sorry if this has already been asked which i would guess it has.

but does anyone know if there are any cheap forwards worth getting? chad jones is 139k and i really need someone like a valenti to play so i can upgrade pfieffer to say milburn

but does anyone know if there are any cheap forwards worth getting? chad jones is 139k and i really need someone like a valenti to play so i can upgrade pfieffer to say milburn
Did you read what this smart fellow wrote on this page?
Same situation as me. If you wanted to write off your 9th forward line position and take a 72K player then take Valenti. He's your best bet at bottom price but he most likely won't play. In saying that though I can't find anyone at the 83K mark who will play so writing off your 9th forward might not be as bad as it sounds.

At the 83K mark you have Edwards, Weetra, Jacky and Ross who have all played 2 or 1 games. I'd say maybe Edwards is the best of the lot there as he showed a bit pre-season and Carlton are pretty injury plagued at the moment.

Others to look for are:

Sellar: Although it sounds like his form in the SANFL has been shitehouse.
Neagle: 91K player who looks alright. Might be injured ..not sure.
J.Morton: Will struggle to get a gig at the Hawks but they might squeeze him in for the sake of blooding a player later in the season if they are home and hosed.
Veszpremi: Top draft pick. I have to assume he's injured but could come in to contention later.
Guy O'keefe: Ripping it down at Williamstown. Might be behind Callan Ward to get a game for the Dogs but sounds like a player and might get a game later in the season.

so is darcy d a forward or back? and will he play a key position back such as ryder or will he hopefully be more like jake king or someone :p?

anyone that goes for essendon - do you rate him much? think he will play more than a few games?

The team we fielded on the weekend icluded Lynch, Kennedy, Mckinley and Chad Jones. I would have thought that if Ash Hansen is to come back into the side, one of those four, will most definately be dropped. Hansen kicked 6 or 7 in the WAFL on the weekend, if he does that again this weekend (I dont think he will come back this week), then the most likely scenario is Chad Jones gets dropped.

I reckon Jones will play 7-8 games this year perhaps. But I wouldn't think he would be a very good cheap forward for DT.

OK I have some trade ideas for the next 2 weeks and my backline needs some big improvements. Currently it sits at:
Cornes (sadly my top scoreer last week for the backs:mad:)
Symes
Newman
Ellis
Pfeiffer
Hurn
Bowden
Proud
Thompson

So my plan with about 60k in the bank right now is:
This week:
Dyson, Ellis OUT
Armitage/Ibbotson/Browne IN (depending how much cash I want)

Next week:
Hurn, Porplyzia (or possibly Rioli depending how everyone plays) OUT
Milburn/Gilbee, Brad Johnson IN

So does this look alright or should I maybe look at Heath Shaw or even Kornes this week? So many choices...

The team we fielded on the weekend icluded Lynch, Kennedy, Mckinley and Chad Jones. I would have thought that if Ash Hansen is to come back into the side, one of those four, will most definately be dropped. Hansen kicked 6 or 7 in the WAFL on the weekend, if he does that again this weekend (I dont think he will come back this week), then the most likely scenario is Chad Jones gets dropped.

I reckon Jones will play 7-8 games this year perhaps. But I wouldn't think he would be a very good cheap forward for DT.

thanks very much for that. didnt watch west coast last week but was under the impression that hansen was playin and doin bad. yeh decided not worth gettin jones anywho. but possibly darcy.

wat are people's thoughts on:

hill for darcy daniher - (starting lineup position. :eek:?)
and then
pfieffer for milburn, gilbee, bock, gram or osbourne probably in that order

will leave chornes even though i have no replacements unless selwood/proud play.

Do I trade Morton this week?

Bird on the bench atm, 59 BE.

I have faith in him, however 'Fantasy Freako' showed he has very lmiited TOG and reccomends to sell him.

I however, will give him 1 more week (Hope Browne fires again though :thumbsu::D).

I have faith in him, however 'Fantasy Freako' showed he has very lmiited TOG and reccomends to sell him.

I however, will give him 1 more week (Hope Browne fires again though :thumbsu::D).

wat r ur thoughts on browne?, is he a better pick that valenti at this stage?

I believe there's two options for those with Morton:

1) You trade him this week since he is odds-on to beat his b/e this week. But who do you trade him to? Browne has only played 1 game, and who's to say he won't be dropped in the next couple of weeks?
Armitage is a little pricey, and had a poor game this week and has Geary for competition. You could look at Brad Ebert or Scott Selwood perhaps.

or

2) You sit tight for a while. His price probably won't rise for 3-4 weeks until he gets this week's low score out of his rotation. Its likely that he will play every game this season, so there's nothing to suggest he won't continue his current average of 61 or even improve on that.
If you decide to sit tight, then you can always downgrade him in about 3-4 weeks' time for someone like Cotchin or Myers. His price may dip a little but should then move back up to its current level, if not higher. All the while you have a handy 50-60 ppw scorer in your side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe there's two options for those with Morton:

1) You trade him this week since he is odds-on to beat his b/e this week. But who do you trade him to? Browne has only played 1 game, and who's to say he won't be dropped in the next couple of weeks?
Armitage is a little pricey, and had a poor game this week and has Geary for competition. You could look at Brad Ebert or Scott Selwood perhaps.

or

2) You sit tight for a while. His price probably won't rise for 3-4 weeks until he gets this week's low score out of his rotation. Its likely that he will play every game this season, so there's nothing to suggest he won't continue his current average of 61 or even improve on that.
If you decide to sit tight, then you can always downgrade him in about 3-4 weeks' time for someone like Cotchin or Myers. His price may dip a little but should then move back up to its current level, if not higher. All the while you have a handy 50-60 ppw scorer in your side.

Thanks for your detailed response. :D

The main thing is I don't want to be playing 2 rookies in the centres (like I am atm). As you said not much available, Armitage to pricey, as I want the trade to get me cash for an upgrade to Jack or Bird.

Option 2 does look good, but I just don't have the patience for that.
I think i'll give him 1 more week (To see how Browne goes etc) and because I don't want to upgrade to a gun that might get injured in the all star game.
The other negative is Jack's BE is low, and Bird has a negative 1, so it would be stupid to trade either (Unless Jack has a shocker this week).

wat r ur thoughts on browne?, is he a better pick that valenti at this stage?

Well 10K difference so not much there.

Valenti would be better if he could get a game.

I'm 95% getting Browne next week. With Carlton's massive injury list, I don't see him getting dropped anytime soon, and he's not in my 22 anyway.

Well 10K difference so not much there.

Valenti would be better if he could get a game.

I'm 95% getting Browne next week. With Carlton's massive injury list, I don't see him getting dropped anytime soon, and he's not in my 22 anyway.

Agree with Browne, should get a fair few games considering the injuries we have and looks like he can score well. I would think it would be better to get Valenti in the forward line considering the options there. They are very minimal compared to the midfield rookies IMO.

I’m having midfield dilemmas at the moment as well. My main concern is Griffen. I want to upgrade him to Kornes, and as I only have $65k the only way I can do this is to downgrade Bartram to Browne or Gamble to rookie forward.

Bartram has a BE of -2 but Griffen has a BE of 110 (against Sydney, and with two 40 scores in his rotation). If they get their averages, Griffen will go down more than Bartram will go up, so I’m not worried concerned about Bartrams low BE.

If I do it this week, I upgrade to a gun! Great! But I run the risk of Browne not getting picked in his third match…

But, If I do it next week, I run the risk of Kornes going up, and not having enough money to get Kornes for a few more weeks while Griffen’s price will likely drop more. Would be able to know if Browne is playing his 3rd game or not.

FYI my 7th mid is Palmer, and my emergencies are Bartram and Ebert, so this trade would leave me with Ebert and Browne as emergencies...

Am I stupid not to trade this week? Or should I run the risk of not being able to afford Kornes next week? My head doesn’t know what to tell me…

Thoughts?

ok i can honestly say i need some opinions on what to do this week

heres the side
<snip>
im thinkn of getin either of the following, ellis an griffen as their BE are high an they will not reach em

just not sure on who to go for i have 34,000 in the bank

if i get rid of griffen i need priddis to play so i can get a rookie to upgrade ellis
Mate, if you're going to continually repost this, at least have the courtesy of reading peoples responses. See post #214, this thread.

What do people think??

Drummond---> Goddard
Thornton--->Gilbee

OR

Drummond--->Jake King/ Heath Shaw/ (some other gd back)
Thornton---> Ibbotson

OR

Any other ideas???

What do people think??

Drummond---> Goddard
Thornton--->Gilbee

OR

Thornton---> Ibbotson

OR

Any other ideas???
You've held Drummond this long because you thought he had value. So trust your gut and keep him. He's a lot closer to coming back now than he was when you first decided to keep him. Don't let those weeks on the pine have counted for nothing - if you trade him now, you're essentially accepting you've been fielding a squad of 29. You've already missed the opportunity to make $ by trading him straight away, don't compound it with a sideways trade.

Either Thornton trade OK (although I think you've missed the biggest chunk of cash from Ibbo, and he won't be worth fielding each week), but if you can field a replacement, you might be better served waiting another week or so and getting Goddard, P.Burgoyne, etc.

What do people think??

Drummond---> Goddard
Thornton--->Gilbee

OR

Thornton---> Ibbotson

OR

Any other ideas???

Can you get Thornton --> Gilbee/Goddard by itself, or do you need the cash from the 2nd trade?

If you can, just go the 1st trade. With Drummond, keep him as you've held him this long. Unless your backline is really struggling, and if Drummond is 4+ matches away (i'm not sure how he is tracking).

Thoughts on this trade? Got no response before...

In: Kornes, Browne

Out: Griffen, Bartram

Griffen will go down in price, bartram and Kornes to go up in price, so may not be able to do the trade next week as I only have $64k in bank. Is it worth the risk picking up Browne this week? Ebert is my other emergency mid.

Cheers!

Can you get Thornton --> Gilbee/Goddard by itself, or do you need the cash from the 2nd trade?

If you can, just go the 1st trade. With Drummond, keep him as you've held him this long. Unless your backline is really struggling, and if Drummond is 4+ matches away (i'm not sure how he is tracking).

Thoughts on this trade? Got no response before...

In: Kornes, Browne

Out: Griffen, Bartram

Griffen will go down in price, bartram and Kornes to go up in price, so may not be able to do the trade next week as I only have $64k in bank. Is it worth the risk picking up Browne this week? Ebert is my other emergency mid.

Cheers!

I am mate and I think many others are aswell, only swap Griffen for Dyson and Bartram for Morton and I'm bringing in the same two. Looking at Carltons injury list hopefully Browne will be around for a bit, but for me its time to dispose of both Dyson and Morton. So in essence, yes I think its a good idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back