Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

With Pfiffer and Bowden not being named - have a trading dilemma

Originally was going to do Morton to cheapie and then Dyson to Kornes

Now thinking Bowden to Goddard, Ellis to Milburn

Should I do the second option and get Kornes next week or continue with the first option and cop the 0 in the backs?

could use some help!

Some advice on my (common) backline problems, and bit more would be great.

I have:

Chad
Thornton
S Selwood
J Edwards

all not playing this week

I am not thinking of trading Chad, but must get rid of Thornton.

I'm playing the top side in my league this week, and will probably lose anyway, so I am prepared to cop a zero if it will help in the long term. Especially as Selwood and Edwards appear to be close to selection, and I don't want to burn too many trades if not absolutely necessary (have used 6 already:(). Have only $20,600 in the bank.:(:(

I also have Kyle Reimers in my forwards available to be downgraded for cash.

At the moment I am thinking of trading Thornton for Roughead. He is a cheaper option for a defender who is unlikely to get dropped, and is averaging a respectable 76 (comparable to Goddard and Milburn)

There aren't many attractive downgrade options for Reimers this week, so I'm thinking of waiting on that one. In the hope that someone (Daniher/Neagle/Sellar/Valenti...even Dew) emerges as a regular senior player really soon.
Waiting on Reimers though, means playing Tippett in my 22.

Am I doing the right thing here, what do you think?

With Pfiffer and Bowden not being named - have a trading dilemma

Originally was going to do Morton to cheapie and then Dyson to Kornes

Now thinking Bowden to Goddard, Ellis to Milburn

Should I do the second option and get Kornes next week or continue with the first option and cop the 0 in the backs?

Bowden>Goddard and Ellis>Milburn is almost perfect timing. Milburn may drop again slightly, but so may Ellis, so it evens out.

Dyson may drop by 10-15K depending on his game this week, and Kornes may rise by 25K, but Corey likely to drop a bit more next week, so there are targets other than Kornes. You'll miss the 70-80 points from taking a donut in the backline more than you'll miss 40-50 points from playing Dyson instead of Kornes.

yeah i want to get rid of ellis, but im like 1,000 short on anyone decent like - gilbee and another 20 odd for milburn goddard an that.

so i have priddis and dont want to keep playin with houli an palmer on my feild so priddis has to go

who is someone for priddis that is going to give me the money to upgrade ellis ?

I wouldn't do that trade, you have to way up are you really making best use of the extra cash for Kane over Salopek? Doubtful atm. I have both in my side and am quite happy with that.

But don't ever sell a player who is consistantly scoring well, especially someone avging in the 90s.

Thanks for the advice.
I didnt really want to go for that trade.

After finding out Johnstone is out, ive been wanting to get him out for awhile.
Of course ill have to downgrade Dyson to a rookie for more cash, but the timing is right. Plus Johnstone to Kornes and leaving me a bit of cash is good in my books. Will use 2 trades but leaves me with a premium like Kornes and also not benching a 230k player like Dyson (Whose not setting the world on fire).

Thoughts of:

OUT: Dyson, Johnstone
IN: Kornes, Rookie Mid?

If so what rookie mid looks good to play games and also score ok?
Armitage, Browne, any others?

OR Option B:
OUT: Johnstone, Ellis
IN: Kornes, A cheaper back who will score me cash (Marcus Drum? Ibbotson?)

Advice?

Who should I play in my forward line?

N Thompson (taking on adelaide - no rutten though)
gamble
hill

I am leaniing to thompson, but thinking of gamble

hill taking on sydney means he gets the bench me thinks

Thoughts of:

OUT: Dyson, Johnstone
IN: Kornes, Rookie Mid?

If so what rookie mid looks good to play games and also score ok?
Armitage, Browne, any others?

OR Option B:
OUT: Johnstone, Ellis
IN: Kornes, A cheaper back who will score me cash (Marcus Drum? Ibbotson?)

Advice?

For the mids Armitage, Ibbotson, Browne, Ebert are the best bets and in that order. All except for Browne, who I don't have much info for, should be playing a fair few games this season. Hinkley (I'm not too sure how well, or how many games he'll get) and Cotchin (if you can afford to sit on him for a while) are another couple of options that could be considered.

For the cheap backmen Ibbotson, Proud, Spangher and Pears are all worth a look. Not too sure on the amount of games Pears or Proud will play, but Ibbotson as mentioned earlier should play quite a few and with Hunter out for 8 weeks, Hurn for 6, Spangher should play during their absence.

As far as the trade goes, it's pretty much a wash. I guess it depends on who you think will fall the most out of Dyson and Ellis or who you like better out of Armitage and Ibbotson. Personally I'd go with Ibbotson in the backline and trade out Dyson later. I just reckon the chances of a decent backline cash cow coming along are a little less then that of a midfielder cash cow.

Here are the trades I'm doing over the next 3 weeks. I'd like some opinions as I haven't yet set it in stone and I'm a bit unsure of a few of the cash cows I'll be trading in.

ellis, bowden -> goddard, milburn
c. morton, hill -> browne, sellar
bird, houli -> swan, cotchin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here are the trades I'm doing over the next 3 weeks. I'd like some opinions as I haven't yet set it in stone and I'm a bit unsure of a few of the cash cows I'll be trading in.

ellis, bowden -> goddard, milburn
c. morton, hill -> browne, sellar
bird, houli -> swan, cotchin

Thanks for that advice, probs the most ive ever received on the dreamteam board at once. I appreciate it.

Yeh im thinking Ellis to Ibbotson may be worthit.
As long as Harvey aint a douchebag and plays him.
Myers is also another to look at, debuting this week for Essendon, and i wouldnt have to do that trade until after assessiing him for 2 weeks.

For your trades, i say yep to Goddard, Milburn and Swan, surethings there.
Cotchin im looking at once i notice Bird has peaked and Cotchin after 2 games.

If Browne has a stellar 2nd game, why not.
Sellar i dont think will hold his spot and with a few young guys coming through/could come through soon like Valenti, Veszpremi, Josh Smith (Kangaroos). Theres a few around, though i liked Sellar after the preseason.

Thanks.

Houli -> Armitage
Pfeiffer -> Milburn

Pfeiffer being dropped came at the right time, as i was planning to upgrade him anyway.
Milburn @ 310k was the obvious choice. his pts/ave is below par - a big score (120+pts) is due.
Houli's price looks ripe enough. i was always planning on moving him on somewhere down the track, though didn't think it would be this early in the season.
Armitage set to rise. i feel confident about using him in my starting lineup for a few weeks.

Houli -> Armitage
Pfeiffer -> Milburn

Armitage set to rise. i feel confident about using him in my starting lineup for a few weeks.

Nice trades. How confident are you of Armitage holding his spot? For me he would be on my reserves with Bird (Palmer starting in 6th Centre spot). But i just wanted more light shed on him.

Thanks
AdamG03

Heya.

I've got Pfeiffer, Ellis and Dyson. I'm trading Dyson to Kornes today, but i can't decide who to trade out of Pfeiffer and Ellis. I'm thinking Pfeif as he's been left out.
thoughts would be nice, ta.

whats everyones thoughts on hodge looks reasonably priced at 395 000 with an average of 95 or will he cop to many tags to score heavily others i was looking at were mitchell and chapman thoughts?

Ibbotson or Armitage?

Thinking of doing this trade:-

Dyson ---> Ibbotson/Armitage
Pfeiffer ---> Milburn/Goddard

Feck it. Still undecided as to what I am going to do...most people seem concerned with their backline, but with Johnstone popping up injured, by midfield could also need some work...

Already done the following trade
N.Brown (coll) --> Ibbotson, decent cover for the backline due to Cornes being injured potentially going to hang onto him the rest of the season as backup, we shall see.

But the question is...with my midfield consisting of the following players...

K.Cornes, Salopek, Stevens, Houli, Palmer, Morton, Priddis, Johnstone

Do I leave as is for the week and play Morton (most likely option at this stage), then next week double trade in the midfield to upgrade a player.

or

Trade Johnstone this week to Johnson (coll)...tempting, while potentially considered sideways, Johnson is VERY consistant around the 80 mark this season.

whats everyones thoughts on hodge looks reasonably priced at 395 000 with an average of 95 or will he cop to many tags to score heavily others i was looking at were mitchell and chapman thoughts?

Chappy is struggling with a niggle...

Mitchell scores ok but gets a little too handball happy at times...

Hodgy gets my vote...

Tough, prefers kicking to handballing and tackles aplenty...

Crucial linkman for the dawks...

What else could you ask for!!!

:thumbsu:

I can grab any player from Marc Murphy and under, mainly looking at Cameron Bruce and Sam Mitchell, who would be the better choice out of these two?

Both similarly priced and probably at their lowest price for the year. The amount of new ball-getters in Hawthorn is a worry, but so is Melbourne's form. On the other hand, Mitchell is a proven gun and with Melbourne's mids scoring so poorly (bar Mclean and Green) Bruce could fill the gap and be the go-to man for the rest of the season; started poorly but has seen his form increase and pulled a 133 last week whilst being dominated by Brisbane. :confused:

I can grab any player from Marc Murphy and under, mainly looking at Cameron Bruce and Sam Mitchell, who would be the better choice out of these two?

Both similarly priced and probably at their lowest price for the year. The amount of new ball-getters in Hawthorn is a worry, but so is Melbourne's form. On the other hand, Mitchell is a proven gun and with Melbourne's mids scoring so poorly (bar Mclean and Green) Bruce could fill the gap and be the go-to man for the rest of the season; started poorly but has seen his form increase and pulled a 133 last week whilst being dominated by Brisbane. :confused:

Save your money for next week and pick up a gun! they're worth the extra 70 grand for a reason! If you had to pick one id say Bruce more capable of bigger scores. BUT i would not trade for either of them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back