Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Round 7
GWS v Adelaide
Saturday 19 February
Henson Park
2:40pm Adelaide time, 3:10pm Sydney time

After falling all so close in an epic battle against the Bulldogs, the girls head to Henson Park to take on a GWS side that were completely embarrassed by Melbourne last week - nearly going scoreless for the match! Both sides will want to redeem themselves this week. Will we bounce back, or will the Giants take advantage of being more familiar with Henson Park to get the win.

Useless fact: Henson Park is the home of former NSWRL (and current NSW Cup) side Newtown Jets. It was also the cycling venue for the 1938 Empire Games.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
This match now becomes vitally important, both from a winning perspective and also a percentage perspective.

Without that extra match up our sleeve, we fall back to the pack along with Freo, Melbourne, Brisbane and Kangaroos on the ladder. Home finals are so important so we need to stay at the front of the pack in terms of wins and percentage.

We'll have a chance to knock off Freo if we're good enough in round 8. Fortunately Melbourne, Brisbane and Kangaroos all play each other over the next few weeks, and Melbourne also plays Freo, so at least a couple of those sides will suffer some losses.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Brooke Tonon debuting

That's exciting! I wonder who will go out? Gut feel says Considine after her almost invisible performance last weekend but I've been wrong several times before.

Given Tonon's bag of six goals recently and our mostly non-functioning forward line, I wonder if she will spend the majority of her time up forward, or if she'll go through the middle more?

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Considine out, as expected. We're probably getting close to our best team now. Just need Randall back. Ballard a maybe.
I’d still have Gore in that best 21, thought last week definitely showed that, but they’ve gone in another direction 🤷🏻‍♂️

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good to see they moved Gould forward.

Really wasting it and getting into another arm wrestle with a lower level team again 🙄

Back