Round 7 v Melbourne - Saturday 13th March, Casey Fields at 6:40PM (Adelaide time)

Remove this Banner Ad

It has looked like we have played with a cake of soap and the dees have had a dry ball. All except probably Foley and Allen.

I don't know what's worse; how we're playing or the umpiring?
I feel if the umpiring was better, it'd lead to more centre clearances with how Zanker is playing, we'd just get beaten by more

Ended 43-15. If the umpiring was better and good, I do believe we may have gotten close to 30, but I feel it opens it up for them to beat us the other way and push 60+

We better hope it doesn't rain come finals (assuming we make them) and pray that the umpiring isn't as putrid and one-sided as that again.

A few injuries and some players come in and we start to look like what we did last year. Bring back in Metacalf, Ponter, Button for starters. Sedunry and Biddell not good enough, Gould not ready to play against the top-end rucks. In a wet game centre clearances are vital - we got killed here all game.

Melbourne's marking ability completely superior

the umps were disgraceful though - only throw they called all night was against Scheer when the ump would have had to have guessed as he was unsighted

Hore from Melbourne routinely dropping it but never called

*ing Joke

We've got too many unskilled cross code players in our team, Varnhagen, Sedunary, Ragcic etc. I break into a sweat when the ball goes into our back line, too many fumblers and poor ball users. Hatchard has been reading too much of her own press and thinks she's Dusty Martin, needs to learn to distribute the ball before she gets tackled. Poor delivery into our forward line doesn't help but not much teamwork and a lack of work rate. Melbourne deserved their win, they displayed better skills, teamwork and game plan.

really affects the quality of the forward line, makes you wonder who the focal point will be in that forward line instead

nobody apparently

terrible play by us

abysmal umpiring

also, is Paxman a cult hero because she’s ******* terrible?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wet made us look like we had the football skills, game awareness and teamwork of the worst AFLW teams in the first season.

None of our team changes worked.

Gould is going to be a good player but at the moment she's no Jess Foley. It all started in the ruck, so dropping Metcalfe looks like a dumb move in hindsight.

Stevie-Lee goes alright in the wet (Darwin experience?, but she's been pretty weak in some of our other games this year).

Chelsea gave it her all, Jess Allen ok but was there anyone else who had a good game?

That was a pretty painful loss. It once again exposes our biggest weakness - if clubs are willing to sacrifice their own structure in order to aggressively hunt us in the midfield, we become entirely ineffective. We barely saw a clean Crows possession between the arcs all match, and the few times we did, the receiving player was so rattled they spilled the mark.

I've been a fan of Gould so far this year but that was a poor performance. If the idea was that a more mobile ruck around the ground would help, it didn't work. She'll be a player but is still a fair way off the top rucks.

It felt like our players got drilled on the wet weather mindset of just knocking the ball forward at any costs, and failed to adjust when it wasn't that wet after all.

On the plus side, Angela Foley is in the best form of her career. Allan was excellent, as always. Stevie-Lee Thompson had a great first half. Randall was pretty good. Martin held her own. I actually thought Rajcic was alright, despite her copping a bath on here. I don't think our defence was the problem last night, they held up fairly well overall. It was everything forward of our D50 line.

It's going to be challenging to keep the top four spot now. We'll almost certainly need to win the last two matches to keep that alive. Next week is crucial.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back